Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Big net..."

Not even bigger nets will help these pathetic excuses for professional strikers

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Regs! We are being ripped off as solid supporting fans. Whitecaps need to spend the dosh on big name players that can fill the net. Our strikers wouldnt crack a starting line up anywhere else in the league.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks to me that a lot of players do not get along. Did anyone notice how Manneh was upset with Morales when he got the ball late (in his opinion) and ended up being in offside position? Morales was looking at Manneh with a face clearly showing his disbelief at Manneh's reaction.
AM 1410 post match show was all about Mattocks. I think it was Corrazin who said that Mattocks does not have a clue how to move. He was actually saying what some people have been saying here for months: Whitecaps made a huge mistake drafting all those so-called forwards whose ball control is at the level where 10, 11 year old should be (comment about 10, 11 year old is mine).

Robinson has no clue. He should be fired (please, along with Bobaduzzi). A few days ago Robinson said how Hurtado is actually not a forward; he is, believe or not, a "wide player". That is exactly what he said. What does that really mean? That he is an outside midfielder!? Hurtado's ball control is so poor that he would not be able to play a midfielder in any BCPL team, let alone in an MLS team.

On the positive side we could see that Teibert finally started actually attacking an opponent. Correct me if I am wrong but this was the first game we actually saw him doing that. Before this game he was just dancing around the opponent. Is he finally getting it (how to play soccer)? I certainly hope so. I cannot deny him that he is trying hard but he is still all over the field. Keep him on the left side and tell him not to move inside more than 5 m! He can be successful only if he plays that way.

Also, heard yesterday on AM 1410 about Mattocks attitude. Apparently he is the first off the filed when the practice is over. Never stays to work on his finishing so they were debating who should make him stay and work more and harder. Based on everything I heard about Mattock he is a cancer who should be cut off as soon as possible.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert was just as bad Saturday night, don't kid yourself... so many bloody giveaways... that he seemed better because they hid him outside is rather telling... Now I'm going to stop lest I get accused of having an unhealthy obsession...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See guys I think if coach pisses Mattocks he turns off. Manneh is right he should be pissed off. Passing is wrong and not on time. Manneh is a starter and should play before lots of guys. Hurtado should play as right mid he would bring the ball up the field as his strength is there.Coach is trying to be friends with all of them. I think this is why they turn off.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, they turn off because somebody has filled their pointy little shcoking-lettuced heeds with all kinds of rubbish about how good they are and they don't know how to handle criticism, constructive or otherwise. They need to be sat down in front of a few dozen reels of game lowlights and be forced to watch everything they've fcuked up, with somebody telling them "you fcuked up here, and here, and here" and "this is what you should have done, fcukwit" to beat this sense of entitlement out of them. Either they will learn or want to get out of Dodge. If they want to learn the difference, they will get better. If not, sayonara.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict only 16,000 at the game tonight. Not good for Carl's ring of honor night.

Anything less than 3 points will make it very difficult to get the 5th spot given our remaining schedule.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems about right.

On another note, how come that a relegation bound club in Mexico can not only lure Camilo away but now has signed Ronaldinho and the WhiteCaps can't get anyone of notice to lace his boots for them? Yup, Ronaldinho is way past his "best before date" but I'd rather watch him standing around and doing the occasional brilliant soccer play than the bunch of track-and-field athletes that the team keeps signing.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/09/05/ronalindho-signs-queretaro-liga-mx

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems about right.

On another note, how come that a relegation bound club in Mexico can not only lure Camilo away but now has signed Ronaldinho and the WhiteCaps can't get anyone of notice to lace his boots for them? Yup, Ronaldinho is way past his "best before date" but I'd rather watch him standing around and doing the occasional brilliant soccer play than the bunch of track-and-field athletes that the team keeps signing.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/09/05/ronalindho-signs-queretaro-liga-mx

How is 8th place out of 18 Liga MX teams relegation bound? :confused:

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is 8th place out of 18 Liga MX teams relegation bound? :confused:

Lost in Translation, made more sense in my mind in Portuguese.
AFIK, they were to be relegated last season but escaped the funny way that only teams in Mexico, Brazil and similar leagues seem to be able to pull.

BTW, nice job of nit picking about this while ignoring the idea behind the post...,

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
But then again, I don't know what's worse, finding ways around inconvenient rules like Queretaro FC did or making up as you go rules that only benefit the same old crowd like MLS does....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As of fifty sixth minute Caps are up 1 nil over San Jose. We scored a goal now thing will change for better. You guys are going to drive Mattock to buy some smack if you always put him down. He would make more money in under-ware promos than playing soccer.
Team has to spend four million on a striker than ask for results.
Bob spends chum change and fires the coaches what a frack!!! With the kids we have here it will take time. Robbo might go nuts before and start bit of herb smoking just to relax. Regs hhelp the coach up before he destroys his coaching job like Renneie. I would but Bob does not like me.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing really changed. Forwards cannot score (and it does not matter who plays: Mattocks, Hurtado, Manneh). Hurtado useless tonight as always (I take it back for a quick spell when he scored 5 games in 5 games).
Teibert (after one decent game) back to his old ridiculous running everywhere, running toward an opponent, stopping without any intention to attack him, watching how his opponent passes the ball to his teammate. After tonight's game I believe that Teibert is protected by somebody at the top of the organization. How to explain the scene 2 minutes before the end of the first half? O'Brien has to ball, Teibert runs toward him, comes very close (less than 2m), demands the ball, O'Brien brushes him off like "Why the fcuk I have to pass the ball to you when you are so close to me?", turns the other way, passes the ball to somebody else. As soon as the ref ended first half the assistant coach is approaching O'Brien and starts lecturing him (based on their gesticulation it certainly looked they were taking about O'Brien not passing the ball to Teibert).
At one moment Teibert runs all the way from the left side to the right, gets the ball, passes to Rosales, then runs down the right side, gets the ball from Rosales and then passes it back to Rosales!? Who the hell plays like that? Why all that useless running everywhere? What does he accomplish by that? Who allows him to play like that?
Forgot to mention another situation. Rosales and Morales are passing to each other, Morales gets open, Rosales sends him the ball and right before Morales touches the ball there is "you know who", who interferes with the pass, he gets it, and sends it to an opponent. Really, Teibert, why the hell you have to be everywhere and constantly ruin the flow of the game?
Waston is a beast. This is his 2nd game in row; very, very good. O"Brien is always good and reliable player. Laba very good (as always), Morales also. Fernandez deserves to play all 90 minutes.

This could be a very, very good team if:
1) Whitecaps get rid of those so called forwards and bring one who can actually score
2) Explain Teibert that this is MLS, not kids playing in his backyard with his ball (he could potentially be a solid player if he stays on the left side but it looks to me that it is too late for that; he has so many bad habits and obviously does not get it)
3) Hire a good coach
4) Get rid of this management

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tiebert plays like a dog playing catch with a tennis ball. Hurtado and Mattocks could try and buy smack but they probably couldn't finish the transaction anyway. Waston is a fantastic signing I really enjoy watching him. Morales is magic, best club signing yet. I'm not sure who is out there for the marquee DP striker we need but god we need him. One of owners founded yahoo ffs tell me why we can't afford one. Glad we took 3 points tonight and we deserved it too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict only 16,000 at the game tonight. Not good for Carl's ring of honor night.

Anything less than 3 points will make it very difficult to get the 5th spot given our remaining schedule.
Were there even 16K last night? Looked closer to 13,526 to me :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado must have some Hurtado photos of Robo to keep getting starts.

Seriously, what does the coach see in this guy?

I know that right now our strike force is sad, but seriously, how does Hurtado end up ahead of Salgado and Manneh on the pecking order? I don't get it.

Loving Waston. What a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts