Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD did you see Coacker on the Caps page. He looks worried with all the youngsters club got in. In my opinion he will have to do more coaching on the field than Robbo and his Scotish side kick.
You should email Bob and ask him if they need second strength coach. As you can see lots of skiny tall lads.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...local lad plus the gay they got in the draft is not bad. Left mid not a problem. In my opinion forwards are ??. Mattocks could be the guy if wishes, Miller will score his 8 goals and then get hurt, Salgao needs to come forth, African lad might be the best we have. It's not as bad as you think. If he gives local kids a chance that's good. If not NASL is not that far. I think Robbo will ask for one more guy up front with bit more experiace. In next two weeks we might see a guy or two. RL you make me lough.
Little scooters are one hit from six weeks rest. No point paying money and than watch them on the banch. Size speed and strength are number one. Rest is a plus.

Pure quality, Mr. Base. :D

I'm not sure his sexual orientation has anything to do w/ his ability to play footy, but who knows. You deffinitiely seem to be in the know, there.

OK, can someone tell me why we can't just slot Johnny Leveron into LB? Teams go on and on and on about how they love to have a left footed, skilled, and inteligent left back that can run / join the attack / get back. This guy has it all...what is the harm here in using him out of the CB position? It'll only be a matter of time before one or both DeMerit and O'Brien break down and they need to slot in Johnny. At least playing regularily at LB will keep him match fit, competitive, and inspired.

Anyone? Bueller?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Due who else but Leveron as a left back. Harvey is hallow as old tunel. It depends if Dean can play as a left D. Trace I tought you love the way Hurtado runs and plays. It's not like you not to like hate a youg hard working guy like Hurtado. It's all about giving kids chances. Robbo will use Hurtado. I am not sure in what area but kid will get way more playing time from Robbo.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, the appropriate term for Hurtado is "headless chicken." This kid is NOT a pro level player; he has pace but nothing else to offer - no touch, and no signs of intelligence on the ball. Running headfirst and head-down at your check with the ball is not a skill that I look for in a player at any level. Not my idea of a useful player by any stretch of the imagination.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok throwing in my 2 bits here ....
After watching players and thinking about it
How in the world is
jovan b. Who is on SFU ,starting 11
or gagan ex UBC player
These 2 kids are excellent players ans make things hapin when they are on the field.
How come they have not been seen at a caps training camp.
Things that make you go hmmmmm....
That's all foks

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crnogorski if Jovan head it for MLS Bob would have asked the young man. Jovan and Gag both play nice soccer. Both lack one part to their game and that is phisical preace on the ball. Good skill yes both but that one element keaps both away from MLS. Gag if he plays in NASL for four years will come up to NSL. Level. I an not sure if Jovan has the same drive. Jovan is a smart young man he might stick to buisness part of the sport.MLS is about five times faster and stronger in close areas than University soccer. University soccer is more about chasing the ball and presuring guys wiledley. They play storm soccer. FC Edmonton has lots of skill but last year were in the lower half of the standings. It is a huge jump from one to onother. Speed kills in MLS both Jovan and Gag could use onother gear.
Small things add to big things.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude since when is sectual ability got to anything with soccer. It's open for all. You sound bit like a man thal likes to dressup in to pink robe. Going for run is better than thinking about it and cramping up in the game. Mechanical and cement finishing is hard on the body. One needs to run more. Cup games are here only guys coming to practice will see the pitch.
We will see another older guy here soon. Robbo needs bit more help in that area. Four young guys and Miller is not good enough for MLS. When you look at TFC and Montreal. Both have way more experianced teams.As Americans say. Red white and blue for ever.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace you have wached Bob play soccer. They all said man head no skill but he played hgh level soccer all his life. See some guys think that only dancers can play MSL. Number one is speed and strength rest is about working and developing. We have so many dancers here but none of them ever see the high level. Hurtado only needs a coach for three months and he would prove many wrong. Give him another year or two and you will see many changes in his game. Robbo was bit like him. You watch Robbo will turn him in to a soccer player.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace you have wached Bob play soccer. They all said man head no skill but he played hgh level soccer all his life...Number one is speed and strength rest is about working and developing. We have so many dancers here but none of them ever see the high level. Hurtado only needs a coach for three months and he would prove many wrong. Give him another year or two and you will see many changes in his game. Robbo was bit like him. You watch Robbo will turn him in to a soccer player.

Hurtado is 23 years old. What kind of development you are talking about at that age? He is missing some basic things that can be taught at age of 10-14, not at 23.

Some local players you mentioned - those guys are also already 23, 24, it is too late for them to make it even to MLS level now. I know both guys you mentioned and they are good at VMSL level. There are at least 15-20 players at VMSL who are as good as they are. All those guys should have been looked at when they were 15,16, not now when they are 23,24. Time for them to think now about more important things in their life than soccer.

Also, where did Bob Lenarduzzi play beside Whitecaps? He played for Reading FC when they were in Division 4 and the rest are teams like Whitecaps. Not sure if it matches your description of "playing high level soccer all his life". Bobaduzzi is the main problem why all those young talents did not get a chance. Do not forget that all local talents have been channeled to Whitecaps for the last 10 years (when Whitecaps bought a licence for Super Y teams). How many of those players succeeded? None! Why? Ask yourself why because some local talents at age of 14, 15 were really, really good and instead of exploring an option to eventually move to Europe (some of them even have relatives in Europe) they were sucked into Whitecaps and BCSA philosophy (which never made any sense to me; it has been changing every couple of years and I hear now that HPL is on the verge of being abandoned; apparently the interest in deteriorating dramatically).

Whitecaps are poaching players from the youth clubs where they were actually developed. They are trying to show case them during some tournaments in Europe hoping to sell them quickly and that is it. No real development, no real chance to even make it with their own club at the MSL level.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rl you are right to some points. For some unknow reason Canadian and US kids do not come to the top till about twenty seven years of age. Europian kids are more mature. They get there by twenty two. Latino kids, most are like Europian's. Hurtado was growing up in US where speed was everthing. Kids from Columbia and rest of the south work more on trangle and solo skill. There is no way that the kids from youth will hold Caps in playoffs run. They are four years awayfrom total development.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
... Why? Ask yourself why because some local talents at age of 14, 15 were really, really good and instead of exploring an option to eventually move to Europe (some of them even have relatives in Europe) they were sucked into Whitecaps and BCSA philosophy (which never made any sense to me; it has been changing every couple of years and I hear now that HPL is on the verge of being abandoned; apparently the interest in deteriorating dramatically).

I'd like to talk about this more. Regs- what do you think of lifting the ban on youth soccer so we can open this up for debate? Maybe some of the loonies have moved on?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to talk about this more. Regs- what do you think of lifting the ban on youth soccer so we can open this up for debate? Maybe some of the loonies have moved on?
Sure, give me a second to try and find a thread to open up for it... hang tight...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LHE we have to stick to topick. I do agree with you about CSL but Caps need help now. There is only two three guys across Canada that can step in now and be part of the main core of the team. As you know Caps lack strength on the ball in top third. Building of the game is not at MLS level. Some games it's there other games looks like VMSL. Caps over look University kids from Canada but in orther to make the guys love the team club needs four five local starters. To other players it's just a job. No injuries colect the cheque and have fun. Club has to be more. Robbo needs a striker along side of Miller with five six years in MLS or a guy from Europe or down south to lift the level of play. If he does not get one you will see us slowley go down.
I do agree with Bob and Robbo to add more youth but not as fast.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude, I do not have a lot of details (re what I said) but I heard from two HPL coaches who recently had try-outs that they noticed some very negative trends. Both said that it looks (to them) that HPL will not last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0