Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 NHL all star game

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Fans have ruined the game again, selecting 2 guys that have no business in the all star game at all, 3 if you count Phanuef.

of the 5, 4 are Sens. I know the game is in Ottawa, but aren't Canadian hockey fans to know a little bit about the game?...

Ottawa has 2 players on their roster that would qualify for the All Star game imho period: Karlsson and Spezza. But Mihalek & Alfredsson have no business being around that game at all. I'd be embarrassed if I was one of those two.

I know the game doesn't really matter, and this is just TTP Conversation fodder, but seriously? How does a team that is midpack, .500 and not likey going to make the playoffs send 4 players? Good thing you can't have bonuses attached to appearances in the all star game anymore in players contracts.

I'm 90% sure that if the game were in Vancouver that you'd have Kesler, Sedin, Sedin, Luongo, and Bieksa and Edler voted to the starting 6... the difference there is all those players are actually all star caliber players.
Here's the voting results. Somehow the current points leader finished at #21 in the fan poll, and the guys tied for second came in at #7 and #19 respectively.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the bright side, at least Ottawa fans didn't stuff the ballots for Craig Anderson to be starting goalie :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this years example should be Andrew Ebbet.

Vote for Andrew!!!!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed the Captains are Alfreddson and Chara and the Assistants are Lundquist and Lupul....all from the Eastern Conference????? Npbody from the Western Conference is worthy of at least an A??? What a joke, as the league makes it a point to name at least one player from every team and then they do this??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch Chara pick Herik or Danny as his first.

The boys should conspire to pick Kessle last again. That would be just too damn funny.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0