Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
hello to all you, this protest between columbus and poco has to be very serious, for it to take over 48 hours to prove if a player is of age or not, maybe there is something more to it then what poco players are saying, nothing from any columbus guys on here so it must be more then poco is saying.

Poco says its a clerical error, if that is so, maybe its the manager of the team thats being investigated . if the card had the wrong info (like poco says it does) on it why does it take 9 months for the poco manager to noticed it ,only after a protest has been filed. when we go get our drivers license or passport they make you check it before you leave to make sure its correct.its up to the manager to see n fix that problem. , dont blame columbus for the protest blame the POCO MANAGER,so i think if the card is not valid like poco is saying it isnt, there player is not valid as well which in bc soccer rules makes that an illegal player which means a forfeit.

How do we know if that player played or not, there are no slips to say if his in or not, only if he gets a goal or card is he then noticed.seems to me alot of people on this site dont like columbus period, so if they did this i think most of you would file a protest against them as well. the final thing is make sure your cards are correct the info on your roster is correct managers....and if columbus wins the protest, does POCO sack their manager

Paragraph break much?

your welcome

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, PoCo should have to forfeit after thumping Columbus 5-2 due to an alleged card error :rolleyes: If the guy's 35, he's 35 whether or not the FVSL screwed up card printing or not. Columbus doesn't deserve to be in the BC's anymore. Take your lumps and get ready for next year.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, PoCo should have to forfeit after thumping Columbus 5-2 due to an alleged card error :rolleyes: If the guy's 35, he's 35 whether or not the FVSL screwed up card printing or not. Columbus doesn't deserve to be in the BC's anymore. Take your lumps and get ready for next year.

Well said.

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow lot of poco guys on here, everyone hates the columbus team it seems. rules are rules -did they break it, and if he is 35 why has is taken over 48 hrs to not even have a decision by bc soccer, seems more than just that doesnt it POCO fans. so any team that makes a protest be it they lose 1-0 2-0 6-2 whatever, has no right to file a protest, if the winning team did something illegal. wow you must be all communist, and you can spell check me anytime lol

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm not from PoCo, just calling it like I see it. Maybe BC Soccer wants to see an actual birth certificate? The guy has a job that's making it hard to get it to them? Who knows? I don't have a problem with a protest, but if the guy is 35 and the error was on paperwork/ID, that's a pretty weak reason to deserve their spot.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gianni, no-one here begrudges a protest if the score was 1-0 or 3-1 - something reasonably close.

But 5-2???

If somehow the result gets overturned and your lot goes through, there will be a huge ASSterisk beside your name as no-one in the province will consider you legitimate champions.

You lost - badly. Accept it and move on.

Former Poco Monkey

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not picking any sides here but should the scoreline really matter on whether or not a protest should be placed?

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
so is that what they did when denmark was asked to take yugoslavia spot back in the days in the euros and then they went on to win in ,l wonder if they got an asterik or just a cup mmmm yes just a cup.and im not with columbus.
itallion stallion for a guy thats not from poco you know alot of what is going on with that team, guess your buddies are on that team or a former player that got cut....eh pisano

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If somehow the result gets overturned and your lot goes through, there will be a huge ASSterisk beside your name as no-one in the province will consider you legitimate champions.

Wouldn't they still have to play 3 more games in order to become champions?? Like Poco? Or am I missing something?

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
bc soccer states in there rules (maybe you should all read it before saying shite) if a team has an illegal player on the roster, and a protest is put in and the protest is won, doesnt matter what the score is the other team wins......why dont we just all use our drivers license or passport as id cards. it seems the problem is between bc soccer n fvsl and who is to blame for this mistake , none of them wants to look bad or be the reason for a team to loss a game.. this is why its taking so long

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not picking any sides here but should the scoreline really matter on whether or not a protest should be placed?

No. It doesn't matter. I'm curious as to how it came to light though. When does one team get to see the other teams' cards?? Is that just in Provincials?

Anyway, if Poco did something illegal, then they need to be punished. I'm not sure stripping them of the win is the right thing to do and if I was a Columbus player, I'm not sure I would be thrilled at moving on without having earned it.
If it was a clerical error and the player was ok to play, then just get it sorted and let's move on.

Does it really need to be more sinister than that?

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
just heard from bc soccer
poco has won the game . columbus said the card said he is 33 yrs old and they wanted proof he is 35. columbus knew they were right and so did bc soccer with their claim to a invialid card as its grounds for a default, and bc soccer agreed the card was invaild and fault lies on the poco manager, might be discplined as well still, and was grounds for a loss for poco, but columbus said they didnt want to win that way...so thats class to them. but bc soccer said that player will be issued a new card after only 10 months of a invalid card.
like i said all along the problem was between bc soccer , fvsl and the poco manager ,wonder if this will change people on how the write the rosters and check the id cards...
so i would still take the asterik and the cup only after 3 more wins lol

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
just heard from bc soccer
poco has won the game . columbus said the card said he is 33 yrs old and they wanted proof he is 35. columbus knew they were right and so did bc soccer with their claim to a invialid card as its grounds for a default, and bc soccer agreed the card was invaild and fault lies on the poco manager, might be discplined as well still, and was grounds for a loss for poco, but columbus said they didnt want to win that way...so thats class to them. but bc soccer said that player will be issued a new card after only 10 months of a invalid card.
like i said all along the problem was between bc soccer , fvsl and the poco manager ,wonder if this will change people on how the write the rosters and check the id cards...
so i would still take the asterik and the cup only after 3 more wins lol

JTL with two accounts? Regs? #herefishyfishy

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
itallion stallion for a guy thats not from poco you know alot of what is going on with that team, guess your buddies are on that team or a former player that got cut....eh pisano

Not even in the slightest actually. All I know is what I've read on here, and I was saying that a protest over an incorrect card seemed weak to me, especially knowing the guy is 35. I don't think I've ever even looked at my card, so I would have no idea what birthday it says on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0