Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Amway Canadian Championship

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Much as Hassli's goal was outstandingly taken, he shouldn't have had that much space, that defender should have been closer.

Unreal finish though, that's two unreal highlight reel goals now!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Much as Hassli's goal was outstandingly taken, he shouldn't have had that much space, that defender should have been closer.

Unreal finish though, that's two unreal highlight reel goals now!
Disagree with you JBN....

The defender did what any good defender is supposed to do....he was able to see the ball and his man at all times. 99 times out of 100 the way he played it is spot on. Hassli was not in the most dangerous spot in the box and in most cases he either would of headed it back across or tried to take the cross down and beat defender one v one. If the defender is closer to his mark and actual cross falls shorter than it did around penalty spot then Hassli outmuscles him to ball and has a direct chance on goal.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, but instead of leaving a step or two he had to close down a bit more. That being said You're probably right and I'm probably wrong. Fcuk me, I couldn't do that once out of 100 tries, so who am I to judge anyways!

It was a brilliant play from the beginning anyways, great to play it so quick, then the return pass to Rochat, and a gorgeous ball across to Eric.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, but instead of leaving a step or two he had to close down a bit more. That being said You're probably right and I'm probably wrong. Fcuk me, I couldn't do that once out of 100 tries, so who am I to judge anyways!

It was a brilliant play from the beginning anyways, great to play it so quick, then the return pass to Rochat, and a gorgeous ball across to Eric.

Definitely a wonder goal....

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree with you JBN....
The defender did what any good defender is supposed to do....he was able to see the ball and his man at all times. 99 times out of 100 the way he played it is spot on. Hassli was not in the most dangerous spot in the box and in most cases he either would of headed it back across or tried to take the cross down and beat defender one v one. If the defender is closer to his mark and actual cross falls shorter than it did around penalty spot then Hassli outmuscles him to ball and has a direct chance on goal.

He was totally unmarked inside the 18...the defender was doing his job?

There was nobody else around for him to mark, he should have been close enough to touch him.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if the defender was in between Hassli and the goal-which, btw, would have given him the ability to "see his man and the ball at all times"-Hassli wouldn't have had a free volley. He may have still won the touch on the ball but he wouldn't have been able to tee it up like he did.

So is it his fault? Yes.

But, big deal: they tied Toronto at home.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if the defender was in between Hassli and the goal-which, btw, would have given him the ability to "see his man and the ball at all times"-Hassli wouldn't have had a free volley. He may have still won the touch on the ball but he wouldn't have been able to tee it up like he did.

So is it his fault? Yes.

But, big deal: they tied Toronto at home.

I wouldn't blame the defender, if Hassli brings that down he is there too close him down. I don't think he's gonna go stand right next too him and allow hassli a free run in for a header, he was between the ball and hassli just got unlucky that when the ball fell to Hassli he managed to pull out a screamer. I'm with heanjob on this one

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Struck, more likely.

"If you can't touch 'em, you aren't marking 'em"
- Coach Trece to innumerable players, ad nauseum 1977-2012...

Great strike no doubt, but a defending error, too. With great strikers, all the more need to be side-by-side. They never need the same amount of time or space as the average player to turn a chance into a goal. Case in point...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a hell of a guitar player and did lead our squad to a number of league titles and cups. Seems qualified ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the fcuk did Alex Morgan(is that his first name)stay on the pitch for the entire game???? At least ten fouls that could have been cautioned.

I agree, playoffs are the goal, but you have to be a little concerned when you can't finish against an 0 and 9 team.

BTW, are there two more homer announcers than those two fcuking idiots? Wow.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer in North America would be more enjoyable to watch if we had decent commentators. Anyone who watches E.P.L knows what I mean. It's not just their knowledge of the game , it's their tone of voice , their range of vocabulary , their turn-of-phrase and their sense of humour. I hope we get John Helm during the Euro's. He is brilliant.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0