Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2010 World Cup Qualifier] Canada vs Jamaica August 20th [R]

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [2010 World Cup Qualifier] Canada vs Jamaica August 20th

The game is not tape delayed if you have the digital package via Shaw, Telus, or satellite.
SNET Pacific and West are showing it live.

As far as why pay for rights? Sportsnet has been pretty good to soccer. Unfortunatley Ted Rogers owns both the Blue Jays and the Network (Some say he owns the etwork simply as a vehicle for reciprocal business and forcefeeding the nation the Jays in an attempt to make the Jays "Canada'a team")

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good to see Canada in a 4 - 5 - 1............Good attacking stuff at home........

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watching the game on streamline....

Sounded like a nice goal

thank you for replays

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 :(

I only caught the first half which was somewhat even I thought. Canada looked best for the first part and then Jamaica took a turn at having a good spell.

Heard Onstad had a shocker and was somewhat of a goat for the Jamaica goal that tied it up.

In the other match in this group, Honduras is up 1-0 at the half in Mexico City :eek:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 :(
Heard Onstad had a shocker and was somewhat of a goat for the Jamaica goal that tied it up.

Isn't this common for Onstad? I appreciate that he's been around for so long and that he is employed in the MLS, but is this country unable to develop goalkeepers? Personally, I am stunned that he is our #1 considering he was not our #1 back in his "prime"!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What pile of FCUKING CNUTING Garbage!

Now wonder Football will never ever catch on in North America. People, even people that know and love the game watched that and had to be shaking their heads.

Abysmal diving by the Jamaicans who were thoroughly outclassed technically by Les Rouges.
The fact the Guat ref allowed it was simply shameful.

It is going to take a new head of CONCACAF other than that fcuking corrupt prick Jack Warner to eradicate the terrible officiating and nonsense that happens in CONCACAF.

Now, at the end of the day RIcketts the Jamaican keeper stole the game. Canada could have easily been up two or three.

Terrible gaff by Onstad, these things happen, unfortunately they seem to happen to Canada when it matters most.

Klukowski had a shocker too...He looked caught for pace often and never seemed to be able to whip in a good cross when need/had the opportunity.

De Rosario and specifically De Guzman were the class out there on the pitch along with Ricketts who managed to make Onstad look like a total amateur out there with his performance.

I guess this is why they play the games.

It is just too bad the officials from Latin American countries, and officials who are Latin American heritage (even here in Vancouver) seem to think that they are the show, that people spent hard earned cash to buy tickets to watch them and the two teams on the field are auxiliary, and that for some insane reason, diving, simulating, asking for opposition teams bookings, and time wasting are all okay and well within the rules.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with JBN so I'll add that it was also the worst camera work in the history of televised soccer. More time spent filming guys not involved in the play than on the play. Missed the first goal as the camera was filming centre for some reason. Rubbish filming to go with rubbish officiating.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fouls were like 27-13 for Canada. As Forrest said, if you don't embelish and dive like you've been shot with an AK-47 you don't get calls. Jamaica was not one bit interested in winning that game in the end. Slow substitutions, diving, blah blah blah. On the other hand Canada had some bad luck with Jamaican defenders and posts getting in the way of goals. They'll need a win next game for sure.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mitchell left rob friend (aka the homeless man's john catliff) in there too long.

doesn't onstad have some sort of depth perception problem with his eyesight? seriously. i read this somewhere. but it might've been on ttp. so take it for what it's worth.

you gotta love gerry dobson's running corner-kick tally. "this is canada's eighth corner of the match...check that, it's their fourth." that's good commentary.

it's amazing that the more team canada changes, the more they stay the same. ie: ali gerba = lyndon hooper, mike klukowski = geoff aunger (right down to the feathered haircut). and if they ever play in the merlion cup again, iain hume can be chris cheuden (obscure match-fixing reference +1).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mitchell left rob friend (aka the homeless man's john catliff) in there too long.

doesn't onstad have some sort of depth perception problem with his eyesight? seriously. i read this somewhere. but it might've been on ttp. so take it for what it's worth.

you gotta love gerry dobson's running corner-kick tally. "this is canada's eighth corner of the match...check that, it's their fourth." that's good commentary.

it's amazing that the more team canada changes, the more they stay the same. ie: ali gerba = lyndon hooper, mike klukowski = geoff aunger (right down to the feathered haircut). and if they ever play in the merlion cup again, iain hume can be chris cheuden (obscure match-fixing reference +1).

Gold! :D

Forest needs KNVB running the show, and Captain or / & SirM as his wingmen, w/ Walks working the sidelines. Then we'd have some entertaining commentary.

Seriously.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some observations:

• Onstad must have run heed-first into the post again. WTF was he thinking?
  • Klukowski looked to be in WAY over his depth.
  • Ricketts = Man of the Match. He stood on his heed.
  • Sensei_Hanson is still alive?
  • arbitro de Guatemala = poncé (Mirame! Estoy un pavo!:rolleyes:)
SCP's opinion: "Canada's not going to get out of this round. Honduras are a quality team and they're going to be tougher than Jamaica."
Trece's: going to be damned difficult if they can't finish on the road. Canada cannot afford to give up any points at home like this.

Walks doing sideliners? Isn't there a limit to the number of "ums" you're allowed to use in a sentence on telly?:D

Trece

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give him one of those cooler style back-packs the Red Bull girls carry around, and fill it w/ Pilsner or Wild Cat. That'll sort out the "Ums".

BTW, when is Beaver Buzz going to get some Beaver Babes out there? Guinness: get on it.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so you lot know, I'm much better asking the questions than the one being asked ..... or something like that :rolleyes: And Dude, you're spot on - an excess of pints help ...... a lot.

My 1.5 seconds of preparation time in describing the game was not ample in my mind ......... I needed at least 5 seconds to think about it. Mind you, I was more concerned at the time of missing out on a round so hence the 'Um, what the fcuk am I doing here ?? Um, where the bloody cooler ...... and um, are the smokies on the bbq yet ??

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give him one of those cooler style back-packs the Red Bull girls carry around, and fill it w/ Pilsner or Wild Cat. That'll sort out the "Ums".

BTW, when is Beaver Buzz going to get some Beaver Babes out there? Guinness: get on it.

I could just see it now.....some hot babes in a bikini's filling a soccer stadium, soccer player appears in front of camera / babes holding a Beaver Buzz and the tag line comes in "grab your self some Beaver today, it's damn good"
:wa::wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great First Post Sensei....

I mean Welcome Back!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the V's has got to be some sort of a media student or something...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaQ8q7aG1c]YouTube - Canada vs Jamaica - Concacaf WCQ 2010[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0