Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2010 Div.2 Cup-The Road to the Provincials

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some very good games on this week. anyone calling an upset in any of the games? I just hope games dont get postponed due to the rain. its bad enough that were so behind already.:bronco:

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's probably not worth the drive over from east van. We have no team... with guys injured, working for the Olympics, and actually attending the opening ceremonies we'll be lucky just to field a team, nevermind a competitive one. I think we'll probably play for a draw and waste as much time as possible so the lights go out. Then we can finish the game with some of our players back :wa:

Or maybe we'll get some youth callups. Then we'll actually be a young team...

Hey, that's our plan! :rolleyes: On a serious note, we are in the same boat - honestly, who schedules a game during the biggest event in Vancouver's history? 3 billion people are expected to watch the ceremonies, and somehow, though we live here, we won't be able to. Sweet :mad:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I"m sure you'll have some youth call-ups.....don't forget the permits. :D

Nope, no youth call-ups... Vancouver FC A have their final league match vs. Metro Ford to determine 1st place Sat. morning, so they won't release anyone and Vancouver FC B play a cup game in Abby on Saturday and are short themselves... we're going to have to make due with what we have.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, that's our plan! :rolleyes: On a serious note, we are in the same boat - honestly, who schedules a game during the biggest event in Vancouver's history? 3 billion people are expected to watch the ceremonies, and somehow, though we live here, we won't be able to. Sweet :mad:

You want to reschedule it? I hear there's lots of free time at Livingstone this weekend :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Suck it up, Boys. I have to miss my family's weekly trip to the mall for dinner because of the fcuking mess around Minoru. :mad: AND I miss the opening ceremonies to ref the game. :mad:

:D

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Suck it up, Boys. I have to miss my family's weekly trip to the mall for dinner because of the fcuking mess around Minoru. AND I miss the opening ceremonies to ref the game.

oh oh CS ...excuses...excuses

:D

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just looking at the VMSL website and it said that the TSA A vs. Westside Rino B cup game is incomplete. What happened in that game?

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It remains 3-2 with 15 min of extra time remaining. Lights went out as the teams lined up for the second half. :confused:

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Roos smoked another Cat Team....4:2 doesn't really do it justice. Surrey had about 10 minutes of game in them. The Cat group has to be pretty weak if this is the best team ....."Mr. Hagi", the Ref has to be the worst ref in the league. He clearly never played the sport himself , and he is only in it to steal money from the teams in this league. Shaheens surprise loss to West Van "B" means we get another Cat team before we get to do it to Sarajevo.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Roos smoked another Cat Team....4:2 doesn't really do it justice. Surrey had about 10 minutes of game in them. The Cat group has to be pretty weak if this is the best team ....."Mr. Hagi", the Ref has to be the worst ref in the league. He clearly never played the sport himself , and he is only in it to steal money from the teams in this league. Shaheens surprise loss to West Van "B" means we get another Cat team before we get to do it to Sarajevo.

Congrats

I'm routing for you guys in the cup. Your team looked pretty good the 2nd time we played you, and I think teams that underestimate you will be surprised by the skill you guys have added this year.

Good luck next game

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR lost to UBC 'A'. A bit embarssing really as they only had 10 players. We had the bare 11 and the centre back in goal but we should have done a lot better. I don't want to take anything away from UBC as they payed very well. We just never turned up. This season has been a long for us as we have struggled with fitness and injuries. But well done to UBC for playing better and wanting it more. Not a bad team at all and it would be interesting to see if they could go the distance. I'm not sure that they will though. I think a strong, tough team like the Roos would do them. I would like the Roos to go on and win it.

We didn't want to go to Richmond for the provincials anyway. Only long distance places like Prince George for us...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC B are a very good team. They were undefeated in the league until December, and I think they must have got bored because they went on a losing streak, but it looks like they've got the competitive fire back for cup. Smoking Shaheen who lead Div 2A 5-2 is impressive. Should be a good match against the Roos, but it won't be for a couple of weeks, as it seems everyone has makeup games scheduled for the coming weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 2 for who? Hopefully Westside!!!!

No it was 3 - 2 Tsawwassen.......the lights went out right when we had just switched sides after the first 15 minutes of OT.

It looks like the 15 minutes is to be played next Saturday at 4:00. I wonder who will be reffing that......because I definitely can't make it. :confused:

portrat

Feb 2, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Mr. Hagi", the Ref has to be the worst ref in the league. He clearly never played the sport himself , and he is only in it to steal money from the teams in this league.

hahaha....Hard to argue that one. As for the TSW vrs Rino: quite the game to watch as we saw TSW score within 8 mins of each Rino go ahead goal. The third TSW goal came at about the midway point of the first overtime half. still though, it is not over as we have 15 minutes left to play. Not saying any matchup is easy as it is cup play but im liking the next team waiting in the next round being the Unicorns.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friends united? Wtf?

Friends United
19/09/09 League CAT "A" Friends United 1 - 13 Surrey United 'B'
27/09/09 League CAT "A" Norvan Saints 12 - 1 Friends United
03/10/09 League CAT "A" Friends United 0 - 12 West Van FC 'B'
11/10/09 League CAT "A" Westside Rino " 8 - 0 Friends United
18/10/09 League CAT "A" Friends United 0 - 5 Wickham FC 'B'
25/10/09 League CAT "A" Friends United 0 - 8Westside FC "B"
01/11/09 League CAT "A" Richm. FC Hibe 9 - 1 Friends United
15/11/09 League CAT "A" Sapperton R 10 - 0 Friends United
06/12/09 League CAT "A" West Van FC 'B' 11 - 0 Friends United
12/12/09 League CAT "A" Friends United 1 - 10 Westside Rino "B"
10/01/10 League CAT "A" Wickham FC 'B' 3 - 1 Friends United
17/01/10 League CAT "A" Westside FC "B" 5 - 0 Friends United
24/01/10 League CAT "A" Friends United 2 - 2 Richm. FC Hibernians
27/01/10 League CAT "A" Estrella de Chile 3 - 5 Friends United
07/02/10 League CAT "A" Friends United 0 - 11 Estrella de Chile 'B'

ON To the round of 16

well done!

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 5 Shaheen 2 :eek: That was the most suprising score. I know both teams are good and i expected a closer game. I went and caught some of the Rich. Hibernians vs Desmesh game also. I caught the second half, a very fast paced game. it was back and forth . Desmesh played excellent on defense not allowing Richmond to get any serious chances and a very calm and relaxed goalie that helps the deff. alot. at the end of the game desmesh scored on a great counter attack and put it away. Good luck to them in the next round. :knvb:I think it will be them vs UBC in the quarters, that will be a good game to watch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0