Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 2010-2011 VMSL All Star Team

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keepers

Paul Shepherd Surrey United
Didar Sandhu Croatia SC

Defenders

Paul Bahia ICST Pegasus
Jonathan Poli Columbus FC
Mike Gomes Delta United
Darko Jelic Croatia SC
Brad Petoom Surrey United
Tim Perry West Van FC
Leo Nash West Van FC
Mike Revelle Richmond FC Hibernians

Midfielders

Niko Marcina ICST Pegasus
Diaz Kambere ICST Pegasus
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro-Ford Wolves
Kozo Manome Columbus FC
Johnny Sulentic Croatia SC
Jeff Clarke Surrey United
Brayden Gant Metro-Ford Wolves
Alfredo Valente Metro-Ford Wolves

Forwards

Steve DeBlasio Columbus FC
Russel Huggon Metro-Ford Wolves
Sahil Sandhu ICST Pegasus
Angus Burke Surrey United

Coach

Rob Reed ICST Pegasus

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Left off Taj Senghera

lad played half a season and racked up 11 goals what woulda happened in the rest of those games ? Just saying !

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL All-Stars vs. FVSL All-Stars: Saturday, June 11th, 3PM kickoff at Port Moody turf.

Should be a fun day.

Which team will Cloughie be supporting?

:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Van Tech Turf is open the night before and if not, Marty could probably get CAP for the Sunday after.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad Palani not chosen either, sad really, wee man had a great season!

I will be supporting the good guys with the proper ALL STAR kit and all the match balls of the same brand!

We are supplying the Referees as well, sorry not Referee of the Year Whistleblower, your in conflict LOL

I have already reserved my seat at the post match dinner at Golden Boot Cafe for both teams.:cool:

Team MVP's will be announced after my 3rd plate of pasta.......

DLN11

Jan 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad Palani not chosen that's strange seeing he scored a handful of goals during the Imperial Cup and the Provincials but good luck to both teams but the Fraser Valley is gonna get DESTROYED like always everyone KNOWS IT.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad Palani not chosen that's strange seeing he scored a handful of goals during the Imperial Cup and the Provincials but good luck to both teams but the Fraser Valley is gonna get DESTROYED like always everyone KNOWS IT.

Hey Azad (DLN11), how many user names are you going to register on TTP to keep the "Azad Palani All Star Drive" alive? I guess the selection committee should be very careful when driving through the Kurdish community nowadays.

:)

No question Azad had a great season, scoring 18 goals total in all competitions. However, what some people don't realize is that each team is only able to nominate so many players for the all star team. After that, there is also some debate as to how many players can be selected from the same team. I do agree with the fact that not every team has to be represented. We have 4 players selected to the team, which is a lot, and you cannot argue against any of them, in my opinion. And if you look at the 4 forwards that were selected, it would be very hard to argue against any of them as well: Burke, Deblasio, Huggon and Sahil Sandhu. FYI-Azad is listed as an alternate if we cannot field enough forwards for a particular game.

As for Taj from Richmond, I don't think he was even nominated by his team so it would be tough to pick him. I suspect it was because he was out of town for so long.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
why was Jeff Clarke selected? Im guessing because Azzi remembered he played for the Caps 25years ago....

Superlative pick

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Azad (DLN11), how many user names are you going to register on TTP to keep the "Azad Palani All Star Drive" alive? I guess the selection committee should be very careful when driving through the Kurdish community nowadays.

:)

No question Azad had a great season, scoring 18 goals total in all competitions. However, what some people don't realize is that each team is only able to nominate so many players for the all star team. After that, there is also some debate as to how many players can be selected from the same team. I do agree with the fact that not every team has to be represented. We have 4 players selected to the team, which is a lot, and you cannot argue against any of them, in my opinion. And if you look at the 4 forwards that were selected, it would be very hard to argue against any of them as well: Burke, Deblasio, Huggon and Sahil Sandhu. FYI-Azad is listed as an alternate if we cannot field enough forwards for a particular game.

As for Taj from Richmond, I don't think he was even nominated by his team so it would be tough to pick him. I suspect it was because he was out of town for so long.

coach Rob or should i say mr All Star?
I (Azad) don't have any hard feelings about not being on the all star team perhaps i think all the forwards on the list fully deserve to be there as they all had a great season. well done boys...also im very happy for my teammates niko ,diaz, paul,and sahil .

Now Why would you think i would ever sign up under fake accounts and do such a thing ????? The fans can express the opinions they got .

Gents don't feel bad for me . I am a provincial champ and hopefully a national champ soon with some help from Mr All star (rob reed) :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the result of the game vs the FVSL allstars today?

3-0 vmsl, they completely outplayed us. there one touch passing and ability to break out on a counter attack was unreal. there waas one instance were it took them 5 one touch passes to get from there 18 to our 18 within seconds, unreal movement and quality in there passing.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First time for me out to Port Moody turf field and what a beautiful set up. If that was a grass field, it would be one of the best settings in the Lower Mainland.

Thanks to the fvsl for hosting the game very nicely, including the bananas.

Thanks to the vmsl for hosting a dinner afterwards at the Golden Boot...what a meal. So many leftovers afterwards possibly because Cloughie was a no show! :D

As for the game, easiest coaching gig around. Hard part was choosing a lineup but then we basically sat back and watched the game. For a group of players that had never been together before, the vmsl guys looked remarkably comfortable on the field, especially in the first half. Knowing the preparation the fvsl had done, the guys did well to approach the game quite seriously. A lot of attacking all day, including a few missed chances by the fvsl in the 2nd half, but the valley keeper was definitely the man of the match. Goals by Burke, Sulentic and Gant and all 18 vmsl players got some meaningful minutes.

All in all, an extremely fun day and hoping for some more games with this group. I have a lot less respect for Phil Jackson today.

Ah yes, nice to finally beat one of Cloughie's teams.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0