Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Senior Boys Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the Devils 3 year run at going to the Provincials will be coming to an abrupt halt this year. In fact, we will likely not make the Valleys this season as our team is littered with Silver players all over the place and a bunch of boys who don't appear to be the toughest. We will have fun though and we are going to the Sahali tournament for the first time tomorrow.

We played our first league game today against Delta, who happened to be worse than us. We won 2 - 0. We lost to North Delta 2 - 1 and Fleetwood 2 - 0 last week in exhibition games and we now have Panaroma Ridge in our league which doesn't help our chances in terms of getting out of our zone. We need to finish ahead of 5 teams.......and one of them will have to be North Delta, TAmanawis(who pumped Fleetwood 5 - 1 last week), Princess Margaret, and Panaroma Ridge. That also means we have to finish ahead of Elgin Park, Semi, Delta, and Seaquam.......it's not looking good. :D

Go Devils

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the devils play before the abrupt end of their season
and they had an huge amount of heart

Diablo, you're absolutely right. The boys completely turned things around and were 1 diabolical call away from getting to the Provincials. I won't go into it but when the referee apologizes after the game for something he should not have done.......that's all that needs to be said. Having said that, our boys punched above themselves over the last lot of weeks beating ND, Tamanawis, Princess Margaret and giving Johnston Heights(penalty shot) everything they could handle before playing North Delta andd their 4 Whitecaps Prospects players(who didn't play the first round), leading them 1- 0 at the half before eventually bowing 3 - 1 with two late goals. So overall, an excellent season by a bunch of players who are predominantly Silver U-18 and U-17 players. In two years, we'll have a good chance of getting to Provincials again. Next year we will be a better footballing team but I don't think we're going to be as physical as is required. Having said that, we were very close this year and hopefully the players who will be back next year will remember what it takes to compete against the better schools. We were fortunate over the last 3 years prior to this to be one of the better schools so we've been on both ends over the last 4 years.

Diablo, who are you with?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, is there a website to follow? I caught Kits in the LM's but I can't find a sched anywhere...are the LM's done now?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final games before provincials I believe are tomorrow as I know Alpha plays in North Van for a berth....

diablo11

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds like a heartbreaking season
was the team mostly populated with gr. 12 players?
is there a website to follow for provincials?
what was it that made them come through in the important games?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Si Bergo...but they're in tough tomorrow with a hardworking team from what I've heard.
Buona fortuna!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, is there a website to follow? I caught Kits in the LM's but I can't find a sched anywhere...are the LM's done now?

Bandcamp.....this site has links to the different zones but they don't always update them quickly.......

www.bcsssc.citymax.com

I do know the follow......

Fraser Valley

1)Charles Best
2)Johnston Heights
3)Panorama Ridge
4)Langley
5)Centennial
6)North Delta

Richmond/Vancouver

1)McMath
2)Palmer
3)St. George's

North Shore/Burnaby

1)Handsworth
2)Argyle

Island

1)Stelly's
2)Dover Bay

That is all I know for sure...........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds like a heartbreaking season
was the team mostly populated with gr. 12 players?
is there a website to follow for provincials?
what was it that made them come through in the important games?

We had a few grade 12s.....5 of them hadn't played on the team previous to this year......over the last 3 weeks, the boys figured out what they had to do to compete. We battled hard and gave every team a very difficult game. As mentioned, it was almost enough to get the Provincials which would have been remarkable but in the end it will hopefully help our grade 10s and 11s for next year.

Apr 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
99% of the refs in high school games are jokers.
I remember 2 years ago when I was in provincials... ref apologized to me after the game for disallowing the go ahead goal against port moody ( I was playing for RC Palmer and that goal would had given us 2-1 advantage ) .. the "offside goal" happened with 20 mins to go because linesman had no clue what offside was.. and port moody ended up winning the whole tourney......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
99% of the refs in high school games are jokers.
I remember 2 years ago when I was in provincials... ref apologized to me after the game for disallowing the go ahead goal against port moody ( I was playing for RC Palmer and that goal would had given us 2-1 advantage ) .. the "offside goal" happened with 20 mins to go because linesman had no clue what offside was.. and port moody ended up winning the whole tourney......

Yah, they beat us in penalties in the final. :( Shitty when that happens.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0