Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Knight's Summer League

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Storm Div 4 South 3-0 so far.

6-2 over Celtic (formerly Arsenal of FVSL. they are aso playing Sundays and picked up their first regualtion win......ever.)
5-2 over SFC Stars
3-2 over Rovers

Pacifc Eagles next week. Beyond a win vs. the 'downers, anyone know how they've done in the other two games?

they like to control the ball, move it fairly well. we were down a few starters and playing half ass. get physical, and they lose it. # 6 is there only decent player up front, he likes to dance. other than that they are very young, mostly U-18, and very whinny. good luck.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm.. don't think you guys ever really controlled and didn't have very many quality chances. Anyways, good game..I look forward to playing you guys a few more times.
Well i think we had about 3-4 free kicks in last 20 min, but just didnt capitalize on them. Ya it will be nice to play you guys again, we had 2 main starters missing and I think we still got a little while to go before we all mold together, but thats what summer league is for i guess? I dont know if we play you again though, look at Summer league finish to the season and it kinda breaks off into a 1 vs 8 and so on breakdown...So i dunno if we meet again? But gg by you guys your a clean strong team!

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i think we had about 3-4 free kicks in last 20 min, but just didnt capitalize on them. Ya it will be nice to play you guys again, we had 2 main starters missing and I think we still got a little while to go before we all mold together, but thats what summer league is for i guess? I dont know if we play you again though, look at Summer league finish to the season and it kinda breaks off into a 1 vs 8 and so on breakdown...So i dunno if we meet again? But gg by you guys your a clean strong team!

You guys the same team as in the Sunday division?? If so, then we have a few more matches

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys the same team as in the Sunday division?? If so, then we have a few more matches
Ya ya buddy. Okay that good to hear, I wasnt to sure if you guys were a different team on sundays. But we play sunday division with the same team so we should meet atleast 2 more times which is good! Do you guys form into a winter team or are you losing a lot of players due to school teams as well like us?

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya ya buddy. Okay that good to hear, I wasnt to sure if you guys were a different team on sundays. But we play sunday division with the same team so we should meet atleast 2 more times which is good! Do you guys form into a winter team or are you losing a lot of players due to school teams as well like us?

Ya we lose a couple but most of the guys are the same

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya we lose a couple but most of the guys are the same
Well thats not to bad then. GL until next time we meet buddy, u guys are quality I'm sure you will run through the Tue league pretty easily, maybe until you hit guilford, I wanna come watch that game!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast 6-1 Punjab Tigers

They had no subs and it wouldn't have mattered. They are horrible and should be in Div.4. They don't have one decent player and bitch at each other constantly. We went up one on a header they got a gimme when our keepers who hasn't played in 2 months fumbled the ball, making it 1-1. We got another before half to make it 2-1. And in the second half scored 4 goals pretty easily. They are going to get smoked every game and it won't be a fun year for them.

WestCoast...What??? watch out Jay #7 I'm coming for ya.

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Storm 1 - Pacific Eagles 3

Didn't shut down last night. Ref was late, grass was wet and freshly cut, didn't get good touches on the ball and aired out to often, 2 subs and missing a few of our main guys on the D-line. OUt strikers did try to make a lot out of a little and had some decent chances but the ball was not coming of the foot well. Lot's of excuses for a bad night. This is a team we can beat, just have to shut down #29 (their tall guy,red boots). He was the only one to do anything worh mentioning.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 - 1 WRU

1st half was pretty even, with us probably having the better chances. They got a dubious penalty, that even the Peg players were surprised about. Our keeper made a fantastic save on the PK to keep the score level at half.

2nd half they scored to 2 quick goals inside the first 10mins off defensive mistakes by us. We pulled one back with about 20 to go, but couldn't muster another decent attempt.

They went down to 10-men with 5 to play after their full-back tried to talk the ref into getting one of our players sent off, but couldn't keep his own mouth shut, and was goaded by one of our players into getting himself sent off (oldest trick in the book - ta ta).

Don't see why C4L sees this team walking the league. I thought the Coyotes were a better team than Peg. But Peg play more direct football, and rely on their strikers' pace, and their prem midfielder. - nullify that, and they don't offer much. We held them comfortably for the majority of the game.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford United 1 - 2 Surrey Pylons

We got out battled and out worked. We probably out chanced them but we couldn't convert. We started to try and play their game against them and we lost. Oh well at least the canucks won. Big game next week playing my former mates in WestCoast...Bring it Duff, congrats on beating a Div 4 team ;) Coming to get me eh? You know where I live....

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't see why C4L sees this team walking the league
Well my friend they beat you didnt they? hahah...I just like their style, young fast and quality touches. Connor on their back line is probably one of the best defenders in the league.
Anyway.... Vault 2- Firefighters 1.... Both teams played great footy, we just worked harder and wanted the win more. We put two away in the first half. One on a pk, and one on a fast break. THey came out 2nd half hungry and figured out our trap and beat us on a break. Then from there we just passed it around and had fun with them... And then it got dirty. I think there team had a group UFC session before the game and worked on armbars and takedowns. We out ran them and out worked them and it started with their out of shape striker grabbing our defenders collar and neck and rippin him down (yellow). Then our top defender took a Studs up takle in a late late slide to his shin, (only a yellow, easy red!)...Then when there defense got outworked by our top striker their out of shape D line decided to yank down our striker and grabbed his arm and literally arm barred the kid on the field, just disgusting soccer to watch. They played quite clean until that last 20-25 min then it was just painful. Felt like we were in Mortal Combat video game. Oh well we got the win and thats what counts. On to Sunday DIv.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have 28 guys on our roster and the style of play seems to depend on who shows up..last night was ugly soccer, definitely more direct and not as much passing. Also, WR was very good defensively all over the field.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have 28 guys on our roster and the style of play seems to depend on who shows up..last night was ugly soccer, definitely more direct and not as much passing. Also, WR was very good defensively all over the field.

Obviously because I wasn't there. Don't be bringing that ugly footy on Thursday, and by that I mean Benes ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0