Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 3 in question , Desmesh, is apparently basically Royal United who played Div 1 and were relegated last year. I don't know why the divison the play in should have much of a factor as they have pretty much rolled along nicely in the cup and have done pretty well in their league. The Div 3 league is still a work in progress for the VMSL and it appears that there are 3 or 4 teams who would have been decent in Div 2 and then everyone else was thoroughly medicore or downright shitty.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Royal did not get relegated. They had their spot taken back by Akal who owned it from before they merged with Indo.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Royal did not get relegated. They had their spot taken back by Akal who owned it from before they merged with Indo.

Thats very close to the truth. Yea we used to be Royal United, and no it wasn't Akals spot. Akal had their spot with indo until they got kicked out. The guy who owned our spot had his kid on our team , but is a vice president for their club. It's his team. Akal had no where to go so decided to merge with our team. But my dad didn't want to merge because the majority of our players wouldn't get playing time, so we made our own team in Div 3. Only problem is the players on our Royal team( that we made the div 3 team for )
decided they were too good for div 3 and sold us out for Akal. Its been a funny few years for me and my brother, as 3 years ago we were playing Prem as youths, then Div 1 for 2 years and now all the way down in Div 3. So this Desmesh team only has 3 or 4 guys from that Royal team...but if you ask me , if this teams in shape, it is alot better than Royal Untied.

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VISL apparently only has two slots this year because one of "our" teams didn't show last year.

The two Island teams to qualify are Cowichan Div. 3 and Gorge Div. 4.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a website that has the teams/groupings or anything?

Until BCSA gets all of the teams submitted by their repsective leagues and then have the draw (which is in May sometime) then we won't know.
But as info develops for the competition, check out our website for updates Richmond Senior Soccer - Welcome Page
But allocations of spots are as follows:
Mens:
VMSL-3 teams
VISL-3
FVSL-3
Chilliwack Mens-1
Burnaby Men's-1
Shushwap Mens-1
RSSL-3
Vernon-1

Womens:
MWSL-6
LIWSL-3
N. Okanagan-1
Mid Island-2

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until BCSA gets all of the teams submitted by their repsective leagues and then have the draw (which is in May sometime) then we won't know.
But as info develops for the competition, check out our website for updates Richmond Senior Soccer - Welcome Page
But allocations of spots are as follows:
Mens:
VMSL-3 teams
VISL-3
FVSL-3
Chilliwack Mens-1
Burnaby Men's-1
Shushwap Mens-1
RSSL-3
Vernon-1

Womens:
MWSL-6
LIWSL-3
N. Okanagan-1
Mid Island-2

And from what I hear from years past, the winners are mostly from the RSSL? Or VMSL?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And from what I hear from years past, the winners are mostly from the RSSL? Or VMSL?

RSSL Sandbags and has their "Premier" sign 'B' forms so they're pretty good. Was there a post about one of the VMSL spots going to a D3 team? Dexterity FC? :eek:

Cant wait for the draw.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'd happily take it :D

But I supose it should be the Peace Arch Selects, then you'd have all three division winners.

That is to say...I dont know.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Canucklehead,

Are you able to confirm whether all games are going to be played on turf?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Recent Champions
2007 - IGM Dragons-RSSL
2006 - Westside Rino-VMSL
2005 - Richmond All Blacks-RSSL
2004 - Campbell River
2003 - Shamrock Rovers-RSSL
2002 - Saltspring F.C.
2001 - Prince George Croatia
2000 - Richmond Town Celtics-RSSL

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet