Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 NorthShore Sportsman League

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I managed to get coaxed into joining the Pirates and got my first taste of the league this weekend.

A couple things....

At halftime the linesman told one of our players who has permanent earrings and an eyebrowring that he couldn't come back on the pitch for the 2nd half. The piercings were taped down as is usually permitted, but the officials insisted that the league has a no jewlery policy and even though they were lenient in the 1st half he couldn't come on for the 2nd. This put us down to 9 men. Brutal.

How does this league get a referee and 2 assistants, while VMSL div 1/2 don't? Well I know why... but really it just shows how poorly run the "top league" in the lower mainland is.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently there was some sort of incident last week that left somebody bloody. That is the reason for the near zero tolerance.
Last week, JB's played with 10men for the first half and were unlucky to be down by 2 goals. Mickster tied on the boots for the second and we managed 2 goals but gave up a third. Your truly missed a rolling ball from the 6...(I must have closed my eyes but more likely an anwser is I have the two left feet of a gimp).
Today, still with just 11 players for most of the game we managed 8 goals and earned a shutout over a young Lynn Valley team who although game, were not able to compete with the speed and size of a senior team. Mickster made a cameo for 15 minutes sans the boots, which were conspicuously missing as he pushed a stroller.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
Well I managed to get coaxed into joining the Pirates and got my first taste of the league this weekend.

A couple things....

At halftime the linesman told one of our players who has permanent earrings and an eyebrowring that he couldn't come back on the pitch for the 2nd half. The piercings were taped down as is usually permitted, but the officials insisted that the league has a no jewlery policy and even though they were lenient in the 1st half he couldn't come on for the 2nd. This put us down to 9 men. Brutal.

How does this league get a referee and 2 assistants, while VMSL div 1/2 don't? Well I know why... but really it just shows how poorly run the "top league" in the lower mainland is.

Dezza... First off, a guy with that much metal shoved in him should be more worried about getting through customs or avoiding fridge magnets far ahead of getting onto the soccer pitch.

Which is the so called "top league" in the lower mainland? I watched a couple games this weekend....I only saw one official and a couple guys holding flags??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AntiFan said:
Dezza... First off, a guy with that much metal shoved in him should be more worried about getting through customs or avoiding fridge magnets far ahead of getting onto the soccer pitch.

Which is the so called "top league" in the lower mainland? I watched a couple games this weekend....I only saw one official and a couple guys holding flags??

I can't really defend the piercings he had because I find them equally stupid. I just found it odd that taping them up in the 1st half was allowed, but it was no longer acceptable in the 2nd half.

As for the "top league", I'm refering to the Vancouver Metro Soccer League... which is clearly tops for talent, but obviously not for administration.

Sociopathic Autobot

May 31, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could someone tell me which field is Griffin and how I would go about getting there? I've played Soccer in North Van since I was 8 and I still don't know the fields =\.

morbital

Mar 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza, good game on saturday
too bad my team choked on our lead :p
wish i was a 100%, seemed to be some holes on D (messed my ankle up, couldnt be uber agressive, hence i was forward most of the game)

unlucky mistakes cost us the game

sociopathic autobot, who are you?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
morbital, I actually missed the game and will likely miss tomorrow's match up with the JB's. Glad we finally got a win though.

morbital

Mar 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
we play the young guns at carson on sunday at 2
should be a good game, hope we can get a win out of it, i hope i can play D :wa:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suds,

We needs stats please!!

Sunday was the first of a potential 9 games in 7 days for me. The WestVan U21's gave up a goal with just a few minutes when a keeper passback resulted in a free kick that was hammered home. They ran hard but not hard enough to undo the size and strength of the JimBeam side.

Hopefully we can string up the pirates without expending too much energy before heading to the Island for the B-Cup.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, your prayers have been answered.... standings are fully updated. Looks like you guys are tied for first, while my team is tied for 2nd to last. We get an opportunity to sew up 3rd to last this week though! I'll probably see you at Griffin on Sunday between games.

Is the cup draw random or seeded?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A and B sides are all drawn together. The first cup game will send the winners to the A cup and the losers to the B Cup. Expect lots of carnage....

A

azzuri21

Are there any leagues in the NorthShore that are staring up soon (in the next few weeks) ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0