Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup: Semi-finals

Who will win the Pakenham Cup this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Where are the finals?

Good question. The FVSL site doesn't have it posted yet. I heard some rumblings it was going to be at JO again though. April 3.

Primetime101

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JO is in rough shape and it would be awful for the FVSL to appoint the finals on that field, by the time the pak final is played the field would be all dug up from the div 1, presidents, and u21 final. I would choose south surrey athletic or even chilliwack i know thats far but i would like to see the finals played on grass with a field still in good condition even albion may due but JO is a mudwrestling pit.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Play them at town center stadium. Better location than that farmland in Langley :rolleyes: and the field barely gets used. Fil had a magic game today just too bad all that weight he's put on in the last year caught up to him in the extra frame. I agree Balls that if I had eaten more than one I'd pass Fil once again in weight. Unlucky Fil but now you can concentrate on where you'll attempt to score on me from.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The finals are at JO... sorry.

Took in the Rangers-PoCo match today... (well... most of regulation... had to take my little Sir Shits-A-Lot home for a little one-on-one with the wife's fun bags).

The weather made the match choppy... thank god they were on a flat, true surface or it would have favored the Rangers too much ;)

How about Halvy's goal? Pinging of the post... magic. And the eruption of the sidelines is what makes the cup, the cup.

The only things missing were some sun a beer garden... the perfect spot would have been on top of the change rooms... a shame, really. Could have sworn I read a comment on here by LFC2 that there would be one.

Congrats to PAU and PoCo for solidifying a berth in the finals and the provincials.

PS Osame... i think you should convince your teammates to forfeit your next weeks game... you dont want to take the chance of picking up any cards or injuries you know :D.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Unlucky Fil but now you can concentrate on where you'll attempt to score on me from.

Normally, i'd just from centre on you....but, with that wind today, I bet I could have beaten you from a goal kick.

Amazing, I missed the geegers today. It was all Coach and his possee(Jeff, I am assuming)

from what I saw if Fil had started to run back faster he might have prevented Osame or whoever shot it from getting a shot off.
That was the problem....I couldn't get back any faster.
Cramps were in full force today....and it had nothing to do with my consumption of geegers(again, of which I did not see any today :mad: )

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
How about Halvy's goal? Pinging of the post... magic. And the eruption of the sidelines is what makes the cup, the cup.

The eruption was amazing.
It actually scared me.

Everytime we had a chance on goal, a great defensive play, or really...anything positive we did on the field the sideline was OOoing and Awwing. It was awesome to be a part of.
It is the magic of the Rangers Club.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I am not going to say that the game did not fukc with my :) . I will say congrats to Poco and good luck in the BC's!
I would like to say thanks to all of our Fans, esp. to Coach. We lost in the 32nd min of ot................................he did not let us drop our heads. Ask Poco how we lost the game, nothing but respect from the RANGER CLUB! :wa: Sorry boys, we tried our best.
I can say that our middle of the park was all cramping from the kick off of ot and we gave it our all.. Z, any time you need a wing may I am in.
Not going to lie, I am sore and PISSED.
GEU, sorry about next week but we gave it our all in the last few games.......I hope we beat you, but I think our mates our spent! I can promise you this, I will be drunk and angry!
Can YOU HEAR THE RANGERS SING, YES YOU CAN.....YES YOU CAN.
Thanks to our loyal,
SORRY
:mad:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
The weather made the match choppy... thank god they were on a flat, true surface or it would have favored the Rangers too much ;)

The only things missing were some sun a beer garden... :D.
Sorry mate, I too was actually intimid. by the ROARRRR..... of the faithful today!
Not bad for a rebuild year, just means we will have more to train for next year.
Now what TF am I going to do for my 31 b-day now that I am not in the final............ok, I will DRINK!......... Moe (sage) with 2. Any bets!? :D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Congrats to PAU and PoCo for solidifying a berth in the finals and the provincials.

PS Osame... i think you should convince your teammates to forfeit your next weeks game... you dont want to take the chance of picking up any cards or injuries you know :D.
Osame,as much as we hate you right now.........................no free-bee's to the BC's. Sorry sixfyv, but I have to go with Poco cause they beat us!

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Dominion Congratulates That White Rock Team For Qualifying.GREAT GOAL SLIVVY IN DOUBLE O.T.Rangers did well,always do. :bronco: Should be a great final! CANT WAIT! :wa:

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[s Keeper]Caught the Rangers-Poco match from about 30 mins into the first half and all I can say is the Rangers were very unlucky not to win this one. Poco didn't show me much today but like everytime I watch them play they seem to defend well and score some fluke goal to win. faster he might have prevented Osame or whoever shot it from getting a shot off.

P.P.S. Where are the finals?[/QUOTE]

Champ you obviously were watching semi carefully once you arrived, yes we controlled the game the first 30, we looked great, knocking the ball {playing futbol} and dominated the play . Yes when you arrived you guys had most of the play. From their on it could have gone either way. It was a great game. The atmosphere was tremendous and quite frankly my feelings were hurt every time I had to look down and pick up a ranger after a tackle.
:eek:
It was nice to finally beat the Rangers in the Pak, I loved the fact whined loudly on the pitch and even cheered louder after the win..It was a great game with lots of action. Let the piss takes start...
Ps: No it was not my shot that Sliver deflected but R.P's. {I got the 2nd assist : :wa: Unfortunately R.P did not know how to handle his fame or his celebration and blamed the world {mainly myself} for his past troubles. Im sure once he realizes that the teams accomplishments are more important than his feelings from years ago, he might enjoy this. I know personally this very satisfying and will enjoy this win for about 2 weeks.. :wa: :wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ you obviously were watching semi carefully once you arrived, yes we controlled the game the first 30, we looked great, knocking the ball {playing futbol} and dominated the play . Yes when you arrived you guys had most of the play. From their on it could have gone either way. It was a great game. The atmosphere was tremendous and quite frankly my feelings were hurt every time I had to look down and pick up a ranger after a tackle.
:eek:
It was nice to finally beat the Rangers in the Pak, I loved the fact whined loudly on the pitch and even cheered louder after the win..It was a great game with lots of action. Let the piss takes start...
Ps: No it was not my shot that Sliver deflected but R.P's. {I got the 2nd assist : :wa: Unfortunately R.P did not know how to handle his fame or his celebration and blamed the world {mainly myself} for his past troubles. Im sure once he realizes that the teams accomplishments are more important than his feelings from years ago, he might enjoy this. I know personally this very satisfying and will enjoy this win for about 2 weeks.. :wa:

C. Keeper is in no way affiliated with the Rangers.

The first 15-20 minutes was all you guys because the wind pinned us in.
It took a bit to adjust, but we came back strong in the last part of the first half with two goal line clearances.

Again, tough way to lose...it actually is probably a worse way to lost than losing in penos.

Z, any time you need a wing may I am in.
Stepchild, you may have to fight Guinness for that role ;)
But, I am given a lot of credit by the fans, but we (the rangers) know that the middle of the park was all you. Marking two guys the last 6 games is no easy task.

PS. Did i mention that i am gutted.

I need a hug,
Z

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
Sorry sixfyv, but I have to go with Poco cause they beat us!
We beat you last time we played too... remember? Pak Cup finals a couple years back? :D

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
P S. how about those geegers boys.
Compliments of the Rangers Old Boys! Jeff Boyle you are the best buddy boy.

On Fire. Right Moe?

Those geegers were truly on fire Coach.... thanks again for setting it up, those hit the spot!

The Rangers battled hard, and I thought deserved more out of the game. Poco seemed to play average (based on their usual level) and were lucky IMO to get the win, but thems the bounces. Tough luck to the Rangers, keep your heads high boys.

As for our match, I thought that we came out hard and denied them any chances, even though the wind was totally against us in the first half. We then started to create chances, and got a couple goals (Lion and myself) on some nice build-up play through our mid. They got their goal (Sandro) with about 10 min to play, and we missed about four breakaways near the end (score could've been higher). The game was not the pretties to play (or watch I'm sure) but we battled the wind and got the win, the BC spot and a chance at precious :D

Bring on Poco...

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the geegers yesterday, I had to bolt right after the game, cause i was still wet from our match. ( no Showers ) ahhh. I guess no showers for the final either :rolleyes: I though the Rangers deserved better, but can be proud of their effort, they sure didn't roll over and let Poco tickle their bellies. Hitting the crossbar on the final kick was very unlucky. I thought Craig Burkett, and Osame in particular played well for Poco. My favorite part of the game was when Pocos keeper got flat out punked :D Joel pulled the same chicken shyte play against us twice, a couple weeks ago. 60/40 ball in the goalies favour, forward realizes it and pulls up, only to have Joel collect the ball then take three steps more to try and hit the player. on the day it happened to us we didn't expect it, the first time we thought well maybe he was trying to protect himself, the second pissed us off bigtime. Even so we still thought maybe he was just having a bad week at work or something, cause over the years we have never seen him pull that crap. So when he did the exact same thing against the Rangers, all of us on the sidelines loved your TURF NAP :D If i were you i'd be pissed you didn't get a meal with that flight. I hate the fact that goalies are protected, and can take liberties like that. It is hard to get payback when goalies play in a bubble. Here's a thought, next weeks game against Delta, Poco doesn't have anything to play for. B.Cs spot is locked up, league position is not a factor. Joel you should put a players jersey on, play in the middle of the park and try that shyte, lets see how hard you really are. Anyways us PAU boys really enjoyed watching you get rocked :wa: :wa: Karmas a bitch

As far as our match went, it surely wasn't pretty but we got the result. Two players in particular stood out Hoss won everything in the air, he pounded everything back at them and advanced the ball when the wind was against us in the first. Secondly Corey made a big difference when he came on. The lion was excellent yesterday. Skip was also good he kept Sandro quiet for 80mins ;) i'm excited for a chance at some silverware and a ticket to the dance :D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
I guess no showers for the final either :rolleyes:

Cainy, Coach, Regs, Osame and anybody else playing on April 3rd. We will be providing shower facilities for the players after games at JO on Cup finals day.
The usual Beer Garden, BBQ and concession will also be available all day. All three (3) pitches are being worked on and we are hoping for a final rolling on all for Friday - April 1st, 2005.

Further details on KO times for the five finals TBA

Cheers

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That situation comes up a lot.Forwards at all levels run at the goalies,looking for rebounds,knockin the daft cnuts on their kush,happens alot.Have been knocked in my own goal.Stay awa and no problem,your forwards should shoot,not get into a rugby match witha keeper,that is when "that" situation comes up.That player had several runs at the goalie,eventually he payed the price with yellow.What else can you say.The guy even left the field thinkin he was tossed for his second.Beek off all you want half pint.Pissed you could never play goal cause you couldn"t touch the bar.BRING IT ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0