Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup: Round 1 MOTW

Which is the Pakenham Cup Rd. 1 MOTW?

• DMU Highlanders (1) vs Delta Metro (CAT)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, I'm the first to admit I know very little about most of the Div. 1, and CAT teams entered this year, so I'm curious to know which match you think might be the most entertaining.

DMU Highlanders (1) vs Delta Metro (CAT)

A mid-table Div. 1 team vs a bottom half CAT side. Curious to see how the divisions match up this year. In addition, there is some appeal I would imagine, for this match due to it being an all Delta affair. I'm sure there will be some friends staring across the field at one another.

SUFC (P) vs Whalley Storm (P)

Obviously, the game I am most familiar with. Whalley had a lot of success in the cup last year, coming out of the Div. 1 league, and proving they were a legitimate Premier side. I see them having little difficulty with the Sikhs in this one, although this one should have a slightly different flavour to it compared to the last meeting. Playing on the turf will allow the Sikhs to play their style of game.

Aldergrove (1) vs Black Knights (1)

Aldergrove seems to have responded well to a tough outing in the Premier league last season, rolling along with ease in Div. 1 this year. By all accounts though, the Black Knights do indeed have some potential, and will force the League leaders to bring their best.

Langley (P) vs PAU (CAT)

The best team in round one, without a doubt, against the best CAT team IMO. Obviously, it would be the upset of the year if the defending Champions were to fall. The PAU team will be playing loose, with nothing to fear, and I wonder if the long Christmas break might play a part in this one before the final whistle is blown. Langley to win, in a closer match than most would predict. ;)

What do you think?.....and please do vote

~Skip

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pakenham Cup: Round 1 MOTW

Aldergrove vs. Balloon Knots............i mean Black Knights definately the MOTW.
Black Knights surely need to prove they are better after saying it all year.
They will want better than a tie this time around but will be in tough at Parkside which seems to be a tough place for all teams to play at.

Langley (P) PAU (PDD) a close second, although experience will win out over youth in this one.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip said:
DMU Highlanders (1) vs Delta Metro (CAT)

A mid-table Div. 1 team vs a bottom half CAT side. Curious to see how the divisions match up this year. In addition, there is some appeal I would imagine, for this match due to it being an all Delta affair. I'm sure there will be some friends staring across the field at one another.

Probably a bigger chance that some of the Highlanders will be staring at some illegitimate children instead of friends.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Premier sides in the big matches.

Yeah - You gotta go with the Aldergrove v. Black Tights match.

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the moan of the week match...
Can you imagine the circle jerk wanking off at the end of time after this one?
Regardless of result, I hope the shower drains in each changeroom are cleared out for this one as one side of the building is getting an heavy dose of pure schoolboy semen dumped into it's system.

Knights 2 Aldergrove 0.

Close second is the intra club match.
Depending on who the CAT team gets to sign (As with any other CAT team I guess) will determine this one.
I don't see the Highlanders losing for some reason though.

Highlanders 2 (OT) DMU CAT 1.
McGill - Silver goal.

Rangers to absolutely hump the Highlanders next round unfortunately.

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With 84% of the popular vote, this does seem to be a one horse race! Perhaps I will even try to venture out to Parkside on Sunday to catch this clash of the titans........or, perhaps I will sleep until 1:00pm nursing my Robbie Burns headache. Yes, I shall. Forget that first part.

Good luck Lucy. I'm sure the posting will be up should you, and your fair Knight buddies win.

~Skip

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: No Premier sides in the big matches.

Rangerforever said:
Yeah - You gotta go with the Aldergrove v. Black Tights match.

Knights 2 Aldergrove 0.

RF

a shutout!... nice :D
thanks for the confidence booster.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We will be going into this game with alot of respect for Alderdick, how can u not, they are unbeaten thus far. I hope the game goes this weekend, as I feel we will have a serious fitness advantage. MOTW for sure....Time for the Knights to start living their own hype. The blinked red announcement on the weather channel leads me to believe that there will not be a game, but its never to late to be religious......

Any word from aldergap.......field conditions?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

anybody know the condition of parkside?? we really want this game to be on since we havent had a competitive game since the 28th of November!

Chances of this game being played anyone?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Farmer's fields...

Apparently our game Sunday morning is still on there.
Field's supposed to be in good shape right now.

Get your ear muffs on lads.
The abuse will be paramount.

:)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So if most of round one doesn't get played this weekend and it looks like it won't be, how is the league going to get the games in by the final. I didn't see any free weekends on the schedule, all the makeup weekend includes cup play already. Are teams going to have to play two games one week or do they just move back the final?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Never mind my mistake 8 weeks with 5 rounds = lots of time.

Carry on I believe we were at Knights are awesome and RF is green (Celtic green) with envy.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Parkside in Aldergrove is open and ready for buisness.
Sunday has two cup games on it.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Delta vs Delta game is a no go and I am a little disappointed in not playing but after two days of hard drinking and very little sleep I am a little happy not to have to run after those young cnuts tonight.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take the muzzle off!

Wanted to wish the PAU CAT boys good luck in their big Cup game tonight.

Wish I could be there to watch.

Give'em hell boys!!!

:D

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Take the muzzle off!

Skip said:
Wanted to wish the PAU CAT boys good luck in their big Cup game tonight.

Wish I could be there to watch.

Give'em hell boys!!!

:D

Thanks Skip. Too bad we couldn't assist in pulling off a victory last night. Looking forward to the rematch from last years PAK with Langley tonight.

TheGunner

Dec 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Obviously sitting here a little sour, but the Knights never gave up, clearing 3 balls off the line, hats off to the keeper saving the 2nd penalty shot, Its a shame we can;t play to our potential against this team, If they would just shut there mouths with the trash they spit, they could gain the respect they deserve in the league, Great game, both teams had to be nervous, since not playing over such a long break, good luck to the BK's, our hearts have and always will be on the league and moving to premier anyways..

Cheers,

Give them hell, You have my respect, just shut your mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0