Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2005 Jubilee Trophy] Senior Women's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the official thread for everyone to follow here on TTP as the Surrey United women attempt to improve on their 3rd-place finish last year.

The official website for the championships in Calgary can be found here: http://www.calgarycentennialsoccer.com/

Surrey's schedule:

Wednesday October 5th
BC vs PEI @ 11:00AM Pacific

Thursday October 6th
BC vs Manitoba @ 11:00AM Pacific

Friday October 7th
BC vs Nova Scotia @ 11:00AM Pacific

Sunday October 9th
BC vs Saskatchewan @ 11:00AM Pacific

Monday October 10th
BC vs TBA

Good luck to the Slurrey Girls including TTP team member Nutmegs!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Surrey United!

Play hard and obviously we know you will party hard. That's what Surrey gals do.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Anyone know how the girls did yet today? The game should be over by now...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in, Surrey girls didn't show up to play until late in the second half.It cost them a 2-1 result to the not so mighty PEI.Martina getting the lone Surrey goal.They still can go through it just means that from here on in they need to be ready to play right from the beginning of warm up!!I'm keeping the faith that this is the year Surrey Girls bring home GOLD!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Just in, Surrey girls didn't show up to play until late in the second half.It cost them a 2-1 result to the not so mighty PEI.Martina getting the lone Surrey goal.They still can go through it just means that from here on in they need to be ready to play right from the beginning of warm up!!I'm keeping the faith that this is the year Surrey Girls bring home GOLD!!

Thanks, Conductor. I didn't want to have to explain yesterday's game and that is behind us now. We thumped Manitoba 7-0 today and now we just have to beat Nova Scotia tomorrow and hope they beat PEI (which I think they will) and we have a shot at still making the finals. Game was much better today as we got at them from the starting whistle and were up 4-0 30 minutes in. We were a completely different team today - played with a lot of heart and desire and got stuck in to a lot of tackles - Fcuk Ya!! is our new team motto!!

Nova Scotia only beat Manitoba 3-0 so our win today was a good result and we need to come out with the same intensity tomorrow.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Good stuff Nutmegs!!!

That new motto... is it like a question or a shout of exuberance? It's all in how you say it :D

Go Slurrey Go!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I see the women beat NS today 1-0.

Well done girls!!! Fcuk Ya! or Fcuk Yeah!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs, what time am I meeting up with you and the gals on Monday evening? With trophy in hand of course :wa:

Go Surrey U go!!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I see the women beat NS today 1-0.

Well done girls!!! Fcuk Ya! or Fcuk Yeah!

Definitely a big win for us today!! Regs, the Fcuk Ya!! is a shout for whenever we go into a tackle hard or make a great play.

We came out hard again today knowing we needed a win to stay in contention for the final. NS did come close once in the first half when they hit the crossbar on a corner, but that was really their only chance of the game. We had lots of chances in the first half but couldn't put them away.

About 15 minutes into the second half, Sara took a free kick from the right wing that Bianca flicked on and straight into the nose of Martina. The ball deflected off her face and right into my path and I half-volleyed it past the keeper. 1-0!!! :wa:

Our defence played great and held them at bay for the rest of the game. It was an awesome all-around team effort. Now of course we are scoreboard watching as we have the day off tomorrow while NS plays PEI. If PEI wins or ties, we are pretty much out of it, but if NS wins by no more than three goals we have a really good shot at making the final. Needless to say, things are now out of our control but we put ourselves in that position. We'll go out tonight, have a good time, and not worry about things we can't control.

Watch out Cowboys, cause here comes the Slurrey girls!! :D

FCUK YA!!!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Fcuk No!

NS 1-1 PEI

Good luck tomorrow Megs!

Yes - the result of the PEI-NS game fcuked us!! :(

NS was up 1-0 with less than 5 to go and had a chance to make it 2-0 but buggered the ball on the six and just a few mins later on a 2 on 2 break PEI tied it up in the 88th minute. It seemed as though the NS defenders seemed to give up as their defending on the play was pretty lax - I'm blaming it on a Maritime conspiracy.

But we still had a chance today as PEI played Manitoba and a tie or Manitoba win would still put us in the final. We trounced Sask 5-0 and the Man-PEI game was right after so we stuck around and became the biggest Manitoba supporters you could imagine. I know they really appreciated it and worked hard in a game that they were not favoured in. For 65 minutes they kept it scoreless but the PEI team who just humps it up the park and hopes for the best managed to get two breaks and score on them. So we now play Quebec (again :rolleyes: ) for the bronze early tomorrow and then it will be off to the Roxy when we get off the plane tomorrow evening.

A disappointing outcome for us but we brought it on ourselves by not showing up in the first 45 minutes of our first game against PEI. I can't believe the luck that the PEI team has had this tourney and if I were one of their players I would go out and buy a lotto ticket. Unfortunately for them, I think they will get trounced by Alberta in the final tomorrow.

As for our team, I am proud of the way we played the rest of the tournament and I know that Alberta was afraid to meet us in the final as they cheered loudly for each of the PEI goals today. We are obviously disappointed not to be in the final, but for all but 45 minutes of the tourney, we were by far the best team and I wouldn't want to play with anyone else. ;)

Back-to-Back Bronze - here we come. FCUK YA!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a protest or something happening with the girls game this morning?

They have results of all games now except for the 3rd/4th place game... really strange!

PEI got humped in the final 3-0 by Edmonton.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score is finally up and shows the Slurrey girls pulling out a 2-1 victory to bring home the bronze.

Well done Megs and the rest of the Fcuk Ya!! crew :D

Is there a party at the clubhouse this week?

~Regs.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Early Birthday Nutmegs.

Congrats to you and all the gals, you're still # one in our BC eyes ;) . Thanks for the updates Megs/Regs, I sure do miss those good old Nationals weekends :eek:

"America"(insert Slurrey U here), "FCUK YEAH" :wa:

+SC

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Nutmegs and to Surrey for the bronze! ... are you going to be maybe a little tired for your Oct 16 game? haha

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0