Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SOA 1-2 PAOK

SOA gets shafted with PAOK getting 2 lame penalties to win it including the final one with 30 secs to go. :eek: Crap reffing. How was the 12th man PAOK/Vaselos?

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
paok was by far the better team on the day and deserved the win I have to say that the first penalty was the correct call as our player was grabbed on the shoulder and hauled down, no question about it. The second PK should have actually been a red to the goalie and a free kick, but there has been someconfusion about the slide tackle rule and according to the ref and his interpretation of the rules he made the call he was supposed to, unfortunatley for you guys this rule was just put into place this week, so i've heard. Any word on other scores from today

SOULHALO

May 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had heard about that final incident in the Soa game but don't know exactly what happened.
I understand that Sparta waged a big comeback against Pao. Does anyone know the final score?
Saw the Solon - Ouzo game. Good skills & a great deal of intensity on both sides. It was a fair result: 1-0 Ouzo.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devilastro I was standing 5 feet from the incident as I was the other tandem in the center back pairing and that was as bad a dive as you can get. A buddy of ours just happened to tape our game and you can see for yourself. How can a guy that is looking straight at a ball in the air know a person is running at him and pull him down. I'll agree PAOK probably did hold slight possesion but it was 2 cheesy penalty calls that won you guys the game and what I've heard about the rule is that if it happens inside the box red and penalty outside red and free kick. We got shafted either way (even though you and Vaselos won't agree) and by far the worst ending to a game I've been a part of. By the way were you one of the guys that was whining like a girl everytime contact was made especially the 2 incidents which were 50/50 and you guys tried to paint us as a bunch of goons? Maybe we should change our name from SOA to ZOA (animals) if it'll satisfy you guys. Hopefully your goalie and your defender are both ok and return soon.

As for the sliding it's another crap rule put into place. Pretty soon they will tell us to stop heading as well.

The other games were 4-1 Olympiakos over Evia and Sparta coming back from 2-0 down to beat Pao 3-2.

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
no I wasn't one of the guys whining as I enjoy 50/50 tackles but having said that your team does have quite a few of the clumbsiest tacklers i've seen which is the reason that the no slide rule is a good oneI just hope they can state the rules clearly for every ref so there aren't so many discrepancies actually I picked up the ball and placed it where the foul occured, then the ref said PK so I placed it on the spot instead I was as shocked as you guys at first but heard that this rule was put in place I don't know what to believe I guess we'll just have to see what call is made if it happens again

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
our goalie should be fine but our defender looks like he might be out for quite a while I don't know for sure but it would be a tremendous loss as we already have a depleted line up as it is

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
SOA 1-2 PAOK

SOA gets shafted with PAOK getting 2 lame penalties to win it including the final one with 30 secs to go. :eek: Crap reffing. How was the 12th man PAOK/Vaselos?

U know you piss and moan all the time no matter what happens in your games is your life so stressfull that u need to pass this frustration on to everyone else,your team had 2 maybe 3 chances all game and you guys scored on one...we should have throttle you by 4 or 5 goals....did u guys ever make it over centre with possesion of the ball???

Regarding the PK's the first one the player was fouled you can not climb over and grab a player sheilding the ball, final one your keeper was last man back and should have been red carded! Also if it was outside the box I could not see from where I was, we had another player following the play who had an empty goal in front of him and would have scored, if the referee allowed advantage.

Your players should be more aware of where they are on the field.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouzo 1 - Solon 0

Ballbaby was everywhere on the field.
Not sure what position he was playing as he was literally everywhere!

We finally were brought back down to Earth by this veteran team, but we still got the result we were looking for.

Intense game to be a part of...which was a nice change of pace.

I would say the better team won, but it was a good battle....

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devilastro said:
our goalie should be fine but our defender looks like he might be out for quite a while I don't know for sure but it would be a tremendous loss as we already have a depleted line up as it is

That isnt the defender that they carried to his car from the West side of the field to the East side is it?
As they were passing me I asked....Where you taking him?

"His car, he hurt his knee...he cant walk that far"

SOOOO, call me crazy, but why not bring his car to him? and save your back?

With stunned look he just replied. "good idea, never thought of that"

I love the Greek League.

Props to SOA for getting the BBQ going....nice to see the pretend Geegers and Pops being thrown around.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
And Ouzo only score 6 this week. Their goalie is solid, so we actually have to play some defence this week if we are to win....
6-3 Ouzo beat Solon

Granted my score was way off, but my predicition that we would have to play solid defence if we were to win was correct.
Ouzo's first shut-out in two years.

Ouzo 15 5-0-1
Oly 14 4-2-0
PAOK 11 3-2-1
Pao 8 2-3-0
Evia 7 2-2-1
Solon 6 2-0-4
SOA 6 1-3-3
Sparta 6 1-3-3
Pani 0 0-0-5

Look about right King?

By the looks of it, the league is up for grabs in next weeks tilt between Ouzo and Olympiakos.
Ouzo win next week, the league is wrapped up.
Olympiakos win, they control their own destiny.
A tie? and Paok can creep back into the race.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini,

I saw that injured guy limping badly for a mile and thought the same thing you did. Funny, the Greeks inventing so much scientifically and artistically but we can be rather simple at times.

Greeks also have bad tempers don't they? I assume Denny is a Greek? Wow, I thought I was witnessing a drug induced tantrum with Scarface. Then I had that other gangbanger Greek calling me Homey. Streets of LA or Kitsailano? :rolleyes:

You played a good game back there but we should have had a couple as well. Cup run is where we have to bring it all together. We were missing big Claudio so he'll help next time.

Great postgame activities yesterday and Greek hospitality was at it's best. Best part of Sunday's at Prince of Wales. Why do we all love gold chains so much?

SOULHALO

May 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Add a win & 3 more points to Pao as they beat Panionios on Sat.

As for the Solon - Ouzo match, it was quite intense throughout as both teams really went for the win. Chances at both ends but Fil did an admirable job cleaning up at the back & in the end got the winning goal. Good on you. Ballbaby was indeed everywhere & it is great to see him back on the Greek League's field. It will be most interesting to see what he can do with a full team at his disposal.
Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next two weeks & in the ensuing playoffs.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Zaurrini,

Greeks also have bad tempers don't they? I assume Denny is a Greek? Wow, I thought I was witnessing a drug induced tantrum with Scarface. Then I had that other gangbanger Greek calling me Homey. Streets of LA or Kitsailano? :rolleyes:

You played a good game back there but we should have had a couple as well. Cup run is where we have to bring it all together. We were missing big Claudio so he'll help next time.

THe other gangbanger was just protecting Sidney Crosby.... :eek:

I hate playing back there...but, you gotta do what you gotta do.
No TA to take care of it.

We started the game in shambles (the warm up :rolleyes: too)and it showed throughout the first half.
Dumb yellow cards, stupid fouls, easy passes going outta bounds.
We gotta it going in the second half...and missed some tap ins.

You guys rreally only had two chances to score....both coming in the final 10 minutes of play.
The header that just went wide comes to mind, as in the past, that would have gone in against us.

Ouzo 15 5-0-1
Oly 14 4-2-0
Pao 11 3-2-2
PAOK 11 3-2-1
Evia 8 2-2-1
Solon 6 2-0-4
SOA 6 1-3-3
Sparta 6 1-3-3
Pani 0 0-0-6

Is this right?

Curious,
Fil

Lupo

Jun 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, after reading this forum over the past week.. Vaselos, quite honestly I dont believe you are one to speak about moaning and pissing.

Now then.. In regards to the game itself.

Firstly.
Vaselos said:
your team had 2 maybe 3 chances all game and you guys scored on one...we should have throttle you by 4 or 5 goals....did u guys ever make it over centre with possesion of the ball???

How sad for you guys when considering the 3-4 chances your team also had on goal. I personally do not consider shots 20-30 feet wide or high to be chances.

Secondly
Vaselos said:
Regarding the PK's the first one the player was fouled you can not climb over and grab a player sheilding the ball

Were you too busy applying your make-up here to actually pay attention to the "foul"...I dont understand how an aerial ball is being "shielded" by your teammate. An aerial ball which our defender happened to be the only one under before your teammate ran into him and fell down.

Thirdly
Vaselos said:
final one your keeper was last man back and should have been red carded! Also if it was outside the box I could not see from where I was

There is no IF it out outside. the ref clearly ACKNOWLEDGED IT WAS OUTSIDE. However, his response was the goalie was the last man back and took away a scoring chance...I dont know what rules we play in this league anymore but I DO KNOW its about time we start enforcing rules stated at the beggining of a season rather than trying to implement new rules 5 mins before kick-off or better yet 1 minute before the final whistle.

I wont sit here trying to put my word against your word on the incidents. You wouldnt care anyways, you got the win. However if you really were interested in what took place with these "fouls", there happens to be a tape of the game.

Bottom line is. You dont need to make things up on a forum to win the benefit of its viewers. in an attempt to justify your ignorance..YOU JUST GOT OWNED!

my.php
<---for you

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupo said:
You

There is no IF it out outside. the ref clearly ACKNOWLEDGED IT WAS OUTSIDE . However, his response was the goalie was the last man back and took away a scoring chance...I dont know what rules we play in this league anymore but I DO KNOW its about time we start enforcing rules stated at the beggining of a season rather than trying to implement new rules 5 mins before kick-off or better yet 1 minute before the final whistle.

So a foul outside the box can be considered a penalty shot?

25 years of soccer and I had no idea....I always waited until I got into the box to take my dive.

Is there a updated Greek league Handbook we can look at?

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupo, quite a post u seem bothered need a tissue???....seems to me you have a lot of time on your hands to be able to write that novel of a post :eek: did it take you all morning?Anyway I'm not going to type an essay here to match you, buddy is always complaining on here and that's a fact, something always seems happens.

You on the other hand should keep your feet on the ground when you're reaching for the stars.

S.T

May 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately i was not present this week at the P.w....
and missed out........

Pretty intense game ouzo and salon.....from all reports...........

Gangbangers........who.......OUZO???????

na........those church boys........... :p :p

soa vs paok........2-1.....sounds like a tough one.............

sparta with the upset of the week coming back to win........

This was probably a great week at the park for soccer..............

next week.............

ouzo vs olympiakos...........if there is not a few hundred people at the park for this one............

it would be a shame..............

Lastly............

anyone know this weeks Slidetackle rule??????????? :p :p

S.T

May 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
So a foul outside the box can be considered a penalty shot?

25 years of soccer and I had no idea....I always waited until I got into the box to take my dive.

Is there a updated Greek league Handbook we can look at?

Monsiuer z..............

i believe that would be found on pg 101.......under thats greek to me?????

Small greek print!!!!! :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0