Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
It took a PK "make up call" and then a rebound off the save to break that guarantee... milk it all you want, we'll take the 3 points and move on

:D

~Regs.

Both PK's were horrible decisions by the ref.
Nonetheless, milk it all you want, we scored on our PK...and Peg....errrrrrr .....
>>REGS was Stopped on HIS!

Kindel with the save...kept the game within reach...

It was actually a pretty game to watch...both teams knocked the ball around very well despite the small pitch.
Peg scored their chances, and we got stoned on ours.
Two that come to mind
Sal C in close on the left side, inside the six on a tight angle...keeper made a nice save.
Then we had a free kick about 20 yeards out, and Joe jr made a nice pass to set up Tommy about 10 yards out, and again the keepr came up big....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a Good One

Originally posted by knvb
I'm sure HOS will make up something new to satisfy himself while we're gone.

Knvb's wife has invited the Khalsa team over for dinner while her hubby is away at Nationals.
Don't worry buddy, we will make sure the little one is in bed before the fun starts.

hos;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site shows Metro Ford and Firetown tied 1-1 tonight.

Is Side A ever tightening up or what?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess i will be the one to post our game wrap up. It is always tough to go to Mundy for a Friday night game and take points, however adding Spencer Coppin, Steve Macauley, and Jeff Skinner helped our chances. We had a good first half and carried the play for the most part. We took the lead about 30mins in on a bad bounce on a clearance attempt by Eli. I got the break and finally put one away. We went into half up 1-0 and Ford came out buzzing and started to take the game to us. They got their goal about 20mins in on a goal mouth scramble off a wide free kick where we were caught watching. Ford pushed hard for the go ahead goal but our goalie made some key saves to help win us a point. I was looking forward to seeing what all the hype about this YBK was about and he was either unable due to good marking or because it was his off night to show too much.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll make one of them official :D

Peg 2
Westside 1

Westside definitely not with their strongest lineup. We dominated in the first half and then let them dictate the second. Overall an even game that could've gone either way, especially under those mucker conditions, but we'll take the 3 points obviously.

Side note: the kick off was delayed for several minutes while Smallsy was doing his hair in the change room :D

No megs or moves on this day,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mori Brothers are on Fire

Khalsa 4 (with 7 SFU Alumni) vs. Clan Alumni 2

What a first half, ended 4-1 for Khalsa, after Jazzy made it 1-0 very early on a goal mouth scramble. Clan came right back after that, on a goal by A.K. who walked in one on one after Slater had a shot that went right to AK sitting on the PK spot.
Then came the Mori Show, Dave Mori hit a volley from 30 yards out that dipped under the bar past the very young Clan keeper. Then for the 3rd goal, Matt Mori headed a cross back across to his Bro who headed over the keeper and into the far post for a great 2nd goal.
The last Khalsa goal came on an unfortunate give-away by last may back Romeo, he gave the ball to Marcello who then beat the defender and chipped the keeper for the nicest goal of the day.

Second half didn't have as many goals but it was exciting. We pressed for the first 10 but did not get any great chances. Then Clan came on but were unable to finish until T. King scored with about 15 min to go, he put it in the corner from about 15 yards out.
Some other highlights of the day was Harry doing his best Bruce Lee impression taking out Neily with a high kick to the chest, he only got a yellow from Skeletor (the ref had a good game I thought) because the foul was so miss timed.
Missed Bronco in the back, word is he has left the team to go back to Croatia, but will they take him back, the big man may end up playing for the Div. 2 CAT team.
Also did not see Iobontee in the pipes for Clan, not sure what is going on there, but the young kid did make a few good saves.
Man of the Match goes out to Dave Mori with 2 goals and not much sleep after attending his 10 year grad the night before.

Good win for us, now for a big test on Friday Night vs. Sporting, it will be on for sure because if Queens Park is rained out, we take the match to the new turf at Mercer Stadium. Not a bad venue for winter soccer.

hos

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This sets up a HUGE match next week.

Columbus v Clan.

A win for us will give us a little breathing room not too much and a win for Clan sets up a log jam.

2:00 at the Empire Stadium.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you make up a post for them.....you seem to be in the mood, ya long winded git!:D

I fell asleep twice reading your last one!:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wee Kip

Originally posted by besty
Why don't you make up a post for them.....you seem to be in the mood, ya long winded git!:D

I will as soon as you tell us about the BIG loss to Peg today, what is happening to all the young vets on the Westside, has the run finally come to an end?

I think that Columbus is a lot better than what they get credit for, they may give up a few chances in the back, but I think they have the abitlity to score a few in this league.
Desperate game for Clan next weekend, 6 pointer you may like to say.

Waiting for the Besty Report before I get tucked in.

HOS in a very good mood, I am even making a Turkey on Monday, it will go great with the Nucks game and Yanks/Sox game:wa:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Inter

Withstood the wind and the rain to watch the game.Inter looked good and deservedly earned the 3 points.Steve Kindel with 2 and Tommy Adamson with the other..Good to see Tony Gaita back anchoring the backline.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was Walks on the line. I'm sure he would like to comment on this accusation of blowing an offiside call.

Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0