Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

I believe you're right about Steve Frazao, he and Brian Gebbie are the two players we will be getting from UBC. I hear they will both be at training tomorrow night.

I heard Aaron Richer might get a chance to go overseas to play, but i don't know when that will happen. Maybe Gebbie and Frazao can convince him to join us ;)

Cheers,
Gomes

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
no offence Gomesy i know your team has a european flavour to it but I think that the VMSL pales in comparison to a chance to go oversees. Having said that I think Richer should come back to his true team (us). What # does he want?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookie

I meant that maybe he'll come play with us for now, until it is time for him to go overseas. Just clearing things up.

Cheers,
Gomes

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 - Peg 0 (well, 1 bullshite, crap-licking.......goal)

Sap 0 - Peg 1

0-0 with a couple of chances for both teams throughout the game until this fcuking Valley ref decides to put his big, kick-in-the-head STAMP on the game with 4 minutes to go. A phantom, where-the-hell-did-you-think-up-that-call?, bullshite, piece of shite, brutally suicidal call of a PK (1-0) almost seals the deal for Peg. Down to 10 men after all the hoopla, Sap get the equalizer only for the linesman to finally raise his flag for the first fcuking time. Complete bullshite, with Peg guys laughing in disbelief with the PK call.

With the league as close as it is, a shite call like that could kill a team's entire season........

OK, on to next week!;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That particular PK call may have been questionable but how about the other 2 clear-cut non-calls?

As for the "equalizer", offside by a mile... someone should've clocked the Sapp guy for shooting so late after the whistle.

:D

The game was a yawner but if it wasn't for Kent in the pipes, Peg win by 2 or 3.

Cheers,

~Regs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Non-Calls?

Regs,

You floored me with your comments

2 non-calls?? I saw one half non-call and that was the chop in our box AFTER you scored the PK. I beleive that's when you turned to me and suggested it was now even:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for Favs being offside, the only time the homer linesman raised his flag in the whole game was to call our guy who wasn't even in the play - well maybe marginally.....but after a shocker of a first half performance by the linesman-favoring your offence-and the refs "decision" to call the PK, one cannot help think that perhaps Sap was playing an rural Island team in their home town.

In fact, in the first half, after a couple blatant missed offsides, I had to come over to the linesman's side of the field just to see what he saw-absolutely nothing!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First 10 minutes of the game, Randall was hauled down in the box.

Not entirely sure why you're 'floored' by my comments since you basically just agreed with them?

Have fun at Kangaroo court :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yawner

Regs,

I agree with you that the game was a yawner-exactly what we wanted on the day. Missing starters Brian Donald, Trevor Todd, Luke Hogan and Mike Araszewski, we came out with with 4 young guys and our goal was to slow the game and take your speed and talents away. We did so the entire game until the PK call.

Kent really didn't have to make a really great save all game-Bunny's shot was right at him-but he controls the 18 better than any goalie in the league and that takes away any potential opportunities. No goalie reads the game better than Kent.

19 year-old Adam Steffich almost found the back of your net twice in the 2nd and scored the equalizer when down to 10 men.

BTW, was it Eddie Canon who told Todd to "turn" in the middle of the park when Ted Ullrich leveled him? He wasn't too happy with the call.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Tie

Khalsa 0 vs Burnaby 0

Both teams looked short handed today, Khalsa with 12 men once again, and Burnaby with 14 (I think 3 were U-21 players). I thought that we had more of the play in both halves, but Burnaby did have a few chances, most of them off of free kicks form 20 to 30 yards out. Corey made a few good saves in the match one in the first half off a Matt Mori strike, plus the cross bar helped him out in the first half off a Matt Mori free kick.

Second half much the same, back and forth with both teams looking for most of the attack off of long balls, whick made for a ugly day. Corey made a good save with 10 to go to keep the tie, but I think we deserved the win if our finishing was a little sharper. Rene did a great job in the middle, Walks may want to talk to him about how to block a punch:eek:, just joking buddy.

Riverway is in great shape, should be good right through the winter.

On to Clan next Friday at Queens Park.
How did SFU do on the Hill today in the Regional Final.
Congrats to Cap on winning Nationals, like I said before, best college soccer program in Canada for the last 15 years running.

hos

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Another Tie

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Khalsa 0 vs Burnaby 0

On to Clan next Friday at Queens Park.
Congrats to Cap on winning Nationals, like I said before, best college soccer program in Canada for the last 15 years running.

hos

SFU won 2-0.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Pigs, But a Great Beer Man

Burnaby may be hurting for numbers week in and week out, but they have the top beer man in the league. Had a pint with the boys after the game, and there is John with a CrownNCoke in hand, Thriller is having a Crantini, and the shoter glasses where set up for shots. Just a pint for me, but top notch none the less.

knvbronze, neither team was going to score on Saturday, it was ugly out there at times.

hos

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Another Tie

Originally posted by Hands of Stone

As Star indicated SFU won 2-0 over Albertsons College avenging a 2000 regional final loss on goals by Justin Dudley and Kevin Croutch. Goals couldnt have come to two more deserving players considering what they and we have gone through in this past month.

On to Olathe Kansas Nov 19-25 for nationals!!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some results:

Sporting 2
Surrey 1

I hope KNVB is ok he was taken away in an ambulance!:eek:

Inter 3
Firetoon 1

It was 3-0 after 15 min apparently there was some fights, and a few red cards!

Westside 3
Clan 2

Big result for us(Columbus), it gives us a little breathing room.

Scoop Zenga!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another knvb take for Hanson

Originally posted by zenga
I hope KNVB is ok he was taken away in an ambulance!:eek:

knvbike, yes thats right, knvb tries a bike lands on his back and does himself:D , funny, then I show up with the little one lose control on the stroller and run into the guy lying on the ground in pain. Sorry knvbike, those strollers can be hard to handle at times.
Classic was him being taken away in an ambulance with hos the only one giving him a clap, so the guy fingers me:( .

Not a bad game between Surrey and Sporting, but Sporting had most of the play against a very young and unrecognizable Surrey squad.

Croatia was playing on the field beside and I saw both Tommy Babic (I guess he is not coming to Khalsa) and Peter Sulentic score cracker goals against some team wearing ugly purple kit.

Hastings Bowl is in great shape.

hos

Get well soon knvbike;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0