Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee

Walks was excellent in the middle.

He missed a few 'advantages', but other than that. Great stuff. I only wish more refs were like Rene (who had another good game with Peg/MF) and Paul.

Branco was a little card happy at the Khalsa/Clan game. The delay of game card on the throw-in was brutal-especially when it was the Khalsa player holding on to the ball for an extended period as he argued with the lineswomen.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Referee

Originally posted by whataboutbob
The delay of game card on the throw-in was brutal-especially when it was the Khalsa player holding on to the ball for an extended period as he argued with the lineswomen.

What are you watching bob?

I was glad that Joe had the balls to give that guy the yellow. The ball was thrown to him by the Khalsa player and he in turn moves to the side and lets the ball bounce past him in an attempt to waste a few more seconds, it is crap.

I will slow a game down on goal kicks when my team has the lead, but I don't let the ball roll by me when it is passed to my by another player. If they wanted to waste some time, do it by making a sub or getting the ball down in the corner, but not that other crap. Was glad that Joe did what he did, more refs should call the game like he does.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Yes, the Clan player let it bounce off his shoulder, but he immediately turned and picked up the ball which was no more than 2 yards from him. This took 1 extra second. Your player held the ball for about 4 seconds before giving the Clan guy the ball.

Joe is card happy. No doubt about it. What I like about Walks is he can see whether a tackle is intentionally vicious and premeditated or it is just a part of the game. Tonight, again, Walks had a great feel for the game and only had to dish out a card on a pretty bad tackle. Joe would handed handed out 6 yellows. No doubt about it.

I would love to see the league post how many yellows and reds each ref shows per game on average. I know this would prove my point.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob

Yes, the Clan player let it bounce off his shoulder, but he immediately turned and picked up the ball which was no more than 2 yards from him. This took 1 extra second. Your player held the ball for about 4 seconds before giving the Clan guy the ball.

The card was not about the time wasted but about what the Clan players intention was. The yellow might have been a bit harsh, but it was the iceing on the Cake for the time wasting that Clan were doing. Perhaps the ref should have just givin the throw back to us instead of the yellow, not sure if he can do this under the rules.

We did not loss this game because of the Clan time wasting, we shitt the bed in the first 10 minutes and could not recover. The clan time wasting took place because they had 9 men, they were nackered, and they were desperate to get their first win. I am glad the Joe did what he did to try and stop it.

Well done Clan on your first win of the season, you worked hard for it. Can't wait to play Bob and his Sapperton boys, I hope Walks is in the middle for that one, don't want any excuses for Bob.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene

HOS,

Maybe you should get the throw in. Last year, if you committed a foul and your team picked up the ball to allow time to get back, Rene would give the other team a free kick where you were holding the ball. That was usually about 5 to 10 yards ahead of the foul. Not a bad idea.

Khalsa/Sap? Who is the REAL home team?:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene, good idea

Rene would give the other team a free kick where you were holding the ball. That was usually about 5 to 10 yards ahead of the foul. Not a bad idea.

Is there not a FIFA rule now that if a player or players do not get back from the ball (10 yards) right away, that the ref can move the ball forward by 10 yards as a penalty against the team that is not getting back right away. Can be a good idea, like in Rugby where the team has to get back right away or are penalized by the ref and the other team getting better field position.
It would be good if the refs did this more often, good on Rene for calling it, more teams would get back from the ball quicker if that is the case.

Home Team at Queens Park, I think we will give it to you guys, we don't have that great of a record at Home, 3 loses allready, but the pitch is changed back to its original way.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
QP Pitch

HOS

The field was turned at QP because WE requested the change for our game against Inter which was supposed to be played there. New West parks took us off of it on Friday stating they didn't want any men's games on it. Yet, the fcukin cnuts leave you on QP. They will hear from me on Monday.

As for the turf field. Pissing rain, no changing rooms available for soccer-only football. BS

WAB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mercer Turf

We train on the turf at Mercer, I think with the rains coming, we would rather play our home matches there, want to switch, I think Big P has pull with the Parks board and they don't like Sap for some reason, you guys rip up the pitch too much, bunch of muckers;) .

hos

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Do you think my second yellow was deserved after you kicked the ball off of my shoulder. I didn't know it was an infraction to run in the general vicinity of the keeper when he is kicking it out of his hands. I was a good 6 or 7 yards away and the ref had his back to the play when it happened. Very unusual yellow card. After the game, Coach Elli and myself talked to the ref and he tried to find the rule in the rule book and it wasn't there. He said it was an automatic booking but yet failed to produce the ruling in the rule book. The ref was absolutely card happy. To give two of us our second yellows within 5 minutes of each other is rediculous.

Last year when I was playing in the valley one of our players stuck his foot out when the goalie was throwing the ball out of his hands. The ball hit our player's foot and went in the net. No call at all by the ref.

JTL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where the Rule is

Jack,

I know that you can't move in front of the keeper when he is going to kick it, that is considered obstruction I guess. You did jump on the play and stopped the punt from getting forward, that is why the call was made and you were yellow carded.
I think that it is called because you are trying to stop or delay me from getting the ball forward, what if that punt could have lead to a beakaway and a good scoring oppertunity, should it be called then.
It was shitty that you and Sumner both were on one yellow when you got the second one, but the ref made the right call when you jumped in front of the punt. I am glad you got tossed after you scored that goal on me anyway.

Good win for you guys on Friday, maybe you guys can make the relegation battle interesting by trying to catch Columbus or even us, if we keep playing this shitty.

hos

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it deserves a yellow HOS.

When did you get so much grey hair. You could see it shimmering in the lights a mile a way.

JTL

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sap 1 - Inter 0

The shittiest team on side A won today......again. Maybe Inter shouldn't comment that they lost to the worst team in Prem until they score an actual goal against us. Oh well.....

We were lucky to win, again...

Wow,
my thoughts exactly....although I would never say it. Sapp won with great defending, and hard work.

I dont think anyone on Inter has ever said that.

As for your match reports.....do you actually believe that stuff you write? I guess Costanza said it best..."it's not a lie, if you BELIEVE IT!"

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
indo 4
westside 3

bit of a heartbreaker today. not a bad match though.
went down 2-0 and 3-1 and did well to battle back to make it 3-3 only to give up a late goal. soft defending continues to kill us. seems every half sniff ends up in the back of our net these days.
the slide continues. last place is new territory for a lot of the lads but a fair reflection of our performances to date. i think we will battle through it over the long haul though.
not particularly looking forward to playing at mundy 4 this friday.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
indo 4 westside 3

Huge win for us today!! Got the three points and a win for Ollie.

Bit of a slow start for us, but we got settled and gained control of the play. K. Lidder with two goals and an assist, that puts him one behind the leader. We absorbed most of their attack, which was knocking long balls into the corners (very unlike Westside's usual style). Ninja with a Great diving header...back to Didar!! 3-1 at half and it could have easily been more.

Second half was a jeckle & hyde show. We figured a two goal lead was sufficient enough to carry us through the last 45minutes. Westside pushed Percy up front and as a result took the play to us and scored 2 goals to tie it.

A late goal by Super Sub, P. Bahia, his second game winner this year, sealed the victory. Out of the cellar and into a tie for third on Side A.

No megs today! Smally was on the ground, legs sealed shut the only time I had a chance!

Onto Firetown next week.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As stated above

Columbus 2
Burnaby 2

Andrew Proctor and Alex Elliot with the goals for Columbus, Gaita got one of the BBY goals and dont know who scored the other.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very interesting to see Simon at the park today!

He seemed to get along very well with the Indo crowd and spent most of the match there.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hillcrest held up very well considering all the rain......A good effort by our guys but a 25 minute lull in the 2nd half COULD have been very costly. The 3-1 lead at half should have been more but as expected Westside didn't give up.........the missed chances in the first half almost came back to haunt us.

8 games left in the season for most teams and the parity on Side A is going to make for some great fixtures in the next few weeks......or until the the crossover games begin.

Goal Scorer's:
Steve Grewal
Karm Lidder with 2
Paul Bahia Sr.

Sandman

PS: Jason Jordan was also on the Indo sideline...I think he and Simon are coming to training this week.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0