Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lungs? Foot speed? Ha,ha....

All it takes for me is knowing that there are 16 other guys (WFC Rangers B) that would love to take my spot.......

Honestly.... we can move the ball around well and that helps out alot - ball does the work.
Fitness has been instrumental in a few of our wins this year also.
I noticed you guys made five subs in the first half! :D

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
joker on a role.

Only one person foolish enough to put a wager up for you to rant like that.

On another note.......Where is SLIMBA????Are you out there!!!!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze vs Firemen

Firemen vs Blaze

Can't think of a better Match of the week.

2A - 4 contenders, 6 fillers
2B - a little closer 3-5 contenders, 5-7 fillers
2C - 2 contenders, 4 in the middle, 4 fillers

Then there are another 20 teams in the CAT divisions?????
Why not bring Division 3 back and make Division 2 more competitive say 1 - 12 team division maybe!!!!!
That way there wouldn't be any whinning and complaining about a one side being easier than another

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
November ½

Div 2A: (17/30, so far)
United Nationals v. West Van Royals
City FC Cobras v. PwC Rangers (Cobras: 29 goals against.)
Point Grey Strikers A v. Norvan Primos (27 goals for: decent)
Maplewood United v. B United (No contest)
City FC Blaze A v. LM Firefighters (Major Offence v. Major Defence. Firefighter win out – most of Blaze’s goals have come against crappy teams)

Div 2B: (15/30, so far)

City FC Rangers A v. Bombastic SC A (City FC is beatable, but not today)
Westside Knights v. Point Grey Rangers (Can’t bet against them, but the Halloween party on Friday could be the TSN turning point)
Nomads FC v. Norvan Falcons (not by much, though)
NK Hrvat v. Persian United (painful . . . to watch)
Shaheen SC v. Alemania SC

Div 2C: (13/30, so far)

WFC Rangers A v. Westside C-men ( :rolleyes: )
Point Grey Strikers B v. Western Union Sarajevo (whine-fest, only because PG’s going to hack them down so often :D )
Richmond FC v. Elephant Walk (RUFC likes the postage stamp-sized field)
Signmaster SC v. Ravens FC (I wish, I wish, I wish upon a star)
Norvan JB's v. Champlain Heights (Turf: magic can happen)

MOTW: Toss up between 2A's Firefighters/Blaze clash and 2C's Signmaster/Ravens battle. Both on Sunday, so take your pick.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would consider the Blaze/Firefighters matchup to be the MOTW in division 2. The Firefighters, in years past, have traditionally been very physical and this may present some problems for the Blaze although I think BA (Blaze Army not B.A. Baracus) and the boys will still win it by a couple. As for 2c, Richmond/Elephant Walk and Signmaster/Ravens should be interesting. I will predict RFC over the Pachyderms and Crows over Signmaster. Westside versus Westside will be a big love-in with the only entertainment a possible catfight between Keeper and The Ranger.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say that the Firemen's 4 GA in 7 games is quite impressive, however, I'll be surprised if they keep the Blaze to just 1 goal or less. They'll have to dig out some offence to win this one. My prediction on this MOTW is 2-0 Blaze. Firemen put up a stronger fight that we Primos did, but ultimately the Blaze prevail.... :(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just see the Blaze's (29-goal) offence coming from playing the lower teams (e.g. 7 vs. Cobras, 6 vs. Rangers, etc.). They won't be scoring that easily against the Firefighters. Mind you, looking at the box scores, it seems the Blaze have only conceded 3 goals since their tragic initial outing against B United.

I may have to rethink my prediction . . .

Nah. Firefighters: 1-0.

1 City FC Blaze A 7 6 0 1 29 7 18
2 LM Firefighters 7 5 2 0 12 4 17

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp!

What the hell are you talking about,You little quear?There is nothing wrong with my hands, just my confidence!Are you gonna have more of an impact on the field, or are you gonna run the flag again and pretend your injured?I pray everynight before bed that this little man is their striker so I can hurt him if he comes near me on a cross!See you in two weeks little man!Bye the way you run up that sideline with that flag just a little fruitier than anyone I have ever seen!;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KY on the gloves...

confidence? how about no talent?

mcdirty who uses liquid soap in the shower because it takes longer to pick up...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze vs. Firemen

It will be a good match, I'm sure of that....but I'm not too sure you can put too much into the goals for or goals against stats for either team.

Sure we've scored a lot of goals...but again the competition hasn't been that great...and again we take our foot off the gas in the second half in every game....except against Primos. We could have easily scored 10 goals last week and in some other matches but really what's the point?

The Firefighters GAA is very impressive but their goals for is not, how they could only score 2 goals vs. PwC and none vs. Cobras is something to think about.

What's that saying "The best defense is a good offense" ?? That may hold true on Sunday, and I can assure you we will not be laying off the gas at all come Sunday....we will have to play a full 90 minutes to beat Firemen.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp

Still using those things must guys call balls, for mudflaps?:DThats right you dont pick up your soap , you get Kurgan to only he rolls around in it ,and then you tell him how dirty he looks! :knvb:

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know about you two!

No need to deny any extra marrital affairs goin' on between you and the BIG.......Headed guy!I just want to know how you have been able to convince yourself your not gay, looking and running the way you do!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

I noticed you guys made five subs in the first half!

it was four and that was because of the fcuker running the subs....I got mad but his excuse was we had too.......go figure

little dog......I thought we ran with them......that Chris guy on their wings was fast......Ranger where did you play......was that you that got that shot thru in the second half from the left side?

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look out!

That's one hell of a hair trigger you got there Mcdirty!

As for the Westside derby, don't think there will be much lovin' goin' on there. And I think Rangers will swallow the Cmen:wa: No really, I pick the Rangers by 2. Superior skill,speed and fitness will show the Cmen back line for what it is. (fill in your comment here) The Cmen will counter with hardness (whoops,another Freudian slip) and hacking and depending on the ref may acquire yet another red. I rarely make predictions or gamble 'cause I'm usually wrong but I got a hunch...;)

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Ranger

Originally posted by Champlain's Keeper
Ranger where did you play......was that you that got that shot thru in the second half from the left side?

No.. that wasn't me....
I only played the first half at left back, I did get a shot on you but it was pretty weak! But, then again, you did cough up a nice rebound! :D
I was the tattooed freak - hard to miss me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0