Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Olympics: Salt Lake City

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russia

Yeah on the news they had the views of people from Russia and they all said by far the russians had the better skate and something that really was surpirsing was that a lot of them brought up the skating thing that happened here and said that the canadians only won cause it was being held in vancouver !

By far The canadian i thought had a better performance and skated with a lot more heart then the russians and we got screwed

AND i kinda find it funny that the French judge went home yesterday

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
goldgoldgold

well clearly not the best but it went to plan for steven bradbury

when asked his tactic after the final he said
"i decided to skate at the back and see if anyone fell over. at worst i would've got 5th"

go you good thing!!! only 6 blokes(inluding semi) needed to fall before we could get our first gold!;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I call it the "Price Is Right" tactic.

Bid a dollar when you think that everyone else has bid too high and if you're right, you're on your way to Showcase final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever you want to call it, it was still fcuking brilliant. Of course, the Americans managed to focus on the silver medalist and how hard done by the fellow was. He should change his fcuking name and get a fcuking haircut.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in case anyone missed it . . .

This amazes me. It's incredible to think that over all that distance, these two Norwegians could still tie. :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Women's Freestyle Jumping

3 Jumpers to go, and Canada's Veronica Brewer and Deirdre Dionne are sitting 1-2. Greating jumping!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silver and Bronze

(Feb 18) SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - JOHN MARCHESAN (tsn.ca) Canada picked up a pair of medals in the women's freestyle aerials competition on Monday.

Veronica Brenner of Scarborough, Ontario and Diedra Dionne of North Battleford, Alberta finished second and third respectively, to raise Canada's medal count to seven at the Winter Olympics.

Alisa Camplin of Australia captured the gold, the second in three days for an Australian athlete.

Brenner and Dionne become the first Canadian women to win a freestyle medal.

Philippe Larouche and Lloyd Langlois picked up silver and bronze in aerials in 1994 while Jean-Luc Brassard won gold in the men's moguls event that same year.

Heading into the final jump, Dionne was fifth but posted the highest score in the final round to vault her into the top three.

Brenner missed the 2001 World Championships after tearing ligaments in her knee and recently returned to competition this season.

Dionne was the Rookie of the Year in 2000 and picked up a bronze medal at the 2001 World Championships.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very close

Those girls were both very good and very fortunate to win silver and bronze when you consider how close the top 4 finishers were.

CAMPLIN, Alisa 93.72 (3) 99.75 (3) 193.47
BRENNER, Veronica 90.09 (4) 99.93 (2) 190.02
DIONNE, Deidra 88.98 (5) 100.28 (1) 189.26
KOROLEVA, Olga 97.65 (1) 90.72 (5) 188.37

When you look at their rankings for each jump (marked in parentheses), each averaged a rank of 3rd over both jumps. It was just the finest of details that set Camplin on top. Great stuff!

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was early our time but i got up to see camplins second jump and the remainders .. was unreal to see canadians in the silver and bronze as well. for me, could not be better!!:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian girls rule

The girls continue to carry us at the Olympics! Great news...I'll have to quit working for a bit and check that out.

Hopefully the choking trend for the guys ends by the men's hockey medal round. I'm very confident the boys will do us all proud...

Dude- nobrokenankleshere

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're kidding, right?

Maybe a debate for another thread, but curling? The only reason I may turn in is to check out what Kelly Law will be wearing (oh Kelly...rrrrrrrrrrr). I will then turn back to the paint drying channel.

Not a sport; but good luck to Kevin, Kelly, and their teams regardless. It is not their fault the Olympics accepted curling as a sport, and they do represent our country well.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curling

There are no judges in curling. That makes it a hell of a lot closer to a sport than ice dancing etc...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very good point, and I wholeheartedly agree. That doesn't excuse the fact that curling isn't a sport.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alisa Camplin

Not only is she a gold medalist, but she's a real looker as well. Damn! Once I track down some decent photos I'll have her up in the Bird's section.

deb

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a real gold medal

Thanks for the opinion, Keeps. It's actually good that Alisa won. Steve Bradbury, skating genius though he is, can't exactly be said to be a looker.
Just let it be known that the vast majority of Aussies fall in the Alisa category for looks.:p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boring and Crapz

Feel bad that the pair didn't get Bronze last night, but they were close even with all the controversy.

Victor looks exactly like Chris Katan from Sat. Night Live and One Night at the Roxy.

HOStoomanynightsattheRoxbury:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympic review (from this spectator)

Of course I wouldn’t want to bore you with details (Appy), but I just wanted to describe my ‘truly amazing’ Olympic spectating experience::D

*USA = Hollywood at its best (so to speak)

*Salt Lake City = not as H.U.G.E. bells and whistles as Sydney 2000 tiner

*Park City = Marti Gras (party in the streets), better than Whistler in layout, and crowds GREAT FIREWORKS:cool:

*Provo = fun for the alternative events – like ‘gooning’ Mormons:D

*Deer Valley = world class ski jumping facilities (oooh, I’m dizzy)

*Hockey facilities = too small:mad:

*Canada Country House = Down town S.L., but closed by 12midnight on Saturday night-WTF? (Not like the “Moose lodge” in Sydney)

*curling facilities = got lost looking for Kelly Law in the ‘boondocks’ :rolleyes: *Watching the first Can. Game on TV at a Czech’s house, with Czech press, then sitting through the first Czech game forced into eating “Goulash” made by a “Czech” dancer :cool:

*Watching game #2 at “Rams” red neck lodge with uninterested USA citizens :mad:

*BIG screen tv’s in every ‘outside’ venue possible (great way to save cashola-and put it to better use, like buying your pals a few brewskis);)

*Canadian Men’s Hockey team = looking a little burned out (hmmmmm) :(

*Speed Skaters = their legs and asses are way bigger than they look

*USA women’s hockey team = “yikes” to dykes:rolleyes:

*Security = 13,000 under cover, as well as police, army, & security officers, and, oh, snipers in the hills

*Security gates = worse than going through the Middle East airports (very throural):( *Olympic torch (a glorious site)

*Trinidadian Bobsledding team = did their best, considering there isn’t any snow found at 11 degrees north of the equator :rolleyes:

Most Memorable sounds :cowbells the size of Regsi’s torso (I don’t understand how the Swiss got those on the planes)gesh

Most Memorable Quote: Hanging out with an Olympian = SC gets on the local bus and yells out “make way for the Olympian about to travel with us peasants” – even the Japanese fans understood the humour:D

Memorable Song: while packed on the local transportation bus = singing “Kumebiya” with 80 other people from all over the world:cool:

Quote that I had enough of = “you Canadians rock man” – this can be heard on EVERY street corner in Salt Lake, even from OTHER Canadians roaming the streets:rolleyes:

*Barenaked ladies have made it (everywhere):D

+Sccamehomewithatan,evenfromthewinterolympics –ScthinksthattheOlympicsshouldonlybeforamtuerathletesnoneofthis’professional’crap

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you had fun SC... hope ya don't mind but I edited your post so that I could read it... it made my eyes hurt :rolleyes: :D

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0