Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2002-03 Div. 2 & 2 CAT Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 7 - 0 Bombastic SC B

Continuing where we left off last season, however it took a little time to iron some kinks out with all the new players. Have to admit, that Bombastic club is one hell of good-sporting side -- they continue to get pummeled but get right back up again.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
???

Wasn't it only 1:0 at the half? What happened? Oh yeah, Joel came on.;)

I saw the first half of the Knights : Pt. Grey game. Knights were up 2:0 when I left but looked clearly in control of the game. I think Pt. Grey only had about 10 or 11. At least non on the sideline.

Here's a question about the thread name though. Isn't Div 2 CAT by definition Div 2? Why the exclusivity? Is this a creme de la creme thing?

retiredandmissingthegame,number2
:mad:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic

Keeps,

You are spot on!

We beat Bombastic 8-1 in a pre-season exhibition and they were great about it.

A well run club too by all accounts.

Daz:D

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain VS NS Primos

Primos - 3
CH - 1

Possession was about a 60/40 split in favour of NS

They are a pretty good team. They are aggresive though.
The lack of subs (0) hurt us in second half.
But, there were signs of promise..give us time to gel.
The fcuking rain turned in up just as we started the game.

Mickster,

What happened?
Is CA that good or did you play that bad?
What a first game for your new keep. He must have sunburn on the back of his neck from the red light.

What's the scoop?

Bitemegoingtosoothhissoremuscles

PS: I'm officially starting the campagne (sp) to ban the dancing fruit (from this thread at least)....bloody annoying!!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 Cat

Sikh Temple "B" 1 - ICSF Inter "B"

Temple B's first game together. Will only improve as the season progresses.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early Troubles for the Beam

Where to begin.......
Both teams struggled early with D on both sides making mistakes leading to goals. Game tied 2-2 at the half. They came out hungrier than we did and played better. We had 4 new faces in the line up, only one of which was good. (Another TTP'er, so hopefully he isn't discouraged by the loss) Our keeper didn't show and another 3 starters missing and our sweeper screwed his knee. The excuses could go on and on but the bottom line we played like shite and just basically quit after it got to 4-2. If that is the regular Cliff Ave squad I think they are definitely beatable but not by us on this day.......

Looking forward to having a full squad and a keeper the next time we play them.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW 2 - Richmond 1

Game was essentially up for grabs due to the early season rust combined with teh torrential rain for more than an hour.

RIchmond scored about halfway through the second half off a free kick to go up 1-0. Still up 1-0 with 10 minutes to go in the game when we stepped it up and managed to get 2 past them. Play was even throughout with one team taking control for 10 mintues then vice versa.

Of note is that there was none of the in-fighting amongst the Cougars that everyone has been talking about - they were a classy team to play against, with very little cheap shots etc.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beam vs CA

We were crap. 2-2 at half, you would think we could hold on. Some very bad and costly mistakes on the field. Not to mention that CA's fitness is superior to ours at this point. Mickster was right that we gave up at 4-2. Kudos to our right mid who gutted it out for the whole game (who usually is a full back)
There's always next week.
:wa:

What's up with the fruit?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the blaze that good?

....Or is PG that bad?

I'd probably lean towards the later.

Their true ability will not be proven until about week four when they face EW.
They have the C-men (should be an easy victory) next week and the cougars in the third week.

As for CH, we are looking forward to playing the beamers. If, the fields don't get closed.

Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting some the TTPers on the beam. Come over and introduce yourselves (therapist, mickster, et el.)

I still don't like the dancing fruit....gives me a headache

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

biteme,

You say the Primos were aggressive? Do you mean they were hustling the ball or that they were hard in their tackles? From when I was playing with them, we were always hard on the ball, but rarely dirty.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

They were hard on the ball which sometimes results in some untimely tackles that appear dirty. As my right thigh can atest to.
I have to admit they do look professional showing up with the warmup gear. They must have some good sponsorship or else charge an arm adn a leg for registration.

How would the cougars compare to the Primos?

Bitemetryingtogetanideaonhowgoodtheskillisonotherteams

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warm up gear ...

biteme,

The warm up gear is paid for by the guys - they have a big fundraiser every year which helps out a bit though. Plus the coach/manager is pretty generous and chips in for the uniforms etc. He's really into the club.

The Cougars don't have the refined skill that the Primos possess, and are still trying to define a style they can play with. The Primos have a very deliberate system of passing on the ground and getting through-balls to the forwards and wings. Whereas the Cougars seemed intent to kick it forward and try to get their forwards to the ball. The Cougars defence was quite thin - they had a guy or two at the back who were pretty solid, but they lacked defence from their midfield.

The key to the Primos is to prevent the ball coming into the middle and up through the middle. I'm sure that they generated a lot of their chances with through balls from the middle of the field (??) What do you think you could have done better to contain them?

G

gooooaaaal

division 2

how did the jb's look over the weekend?

any improvements from last year?

the cougars had no in-fighting - that's a first

teelay: how did you manage to squeak out with a win?

thin midfield and defence - how did their forwards look? any strong performers in the game (names/numbers) that teams should look for in the midfield and defense

biteme: how changed in champlain from last year? they could barely get out any guys to games and the ones they did all you'd see is people complaining to the ref?

and were the primo's a strong club? any names/numbers of strong performers?

does anyone know if the schedules posted on the site are finalized?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW 2 - RC 1

It was a hard fought game that could've gone either way. Both teams missed great scoring opportunities, with our keeper saving some one-on-one shots and us hitting the bar once in the second half.

The thin defence was b/c we were missing our starters at L and R fullback, as well as a MF and striker (who was hurt 20 mins into the game). Our lack of fit subs hurt us, as did our lack of a real striker.

EW is not a bad team, talented strikers who can hold the ball, turn with it and take on a defence. They're slow at the back, something we didn't exploit as much as we should've. We're only starting to gel together and are getting better with each game. Look forward to playing EW in a couple of months. I think we can come away with a 'W'.

Hey Teelay, which one were you. I was #10, the sweeper, and I take offense to your 'thin Defense' comment!

P.S. nice Lazio jerseys, how much did they cost

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV royals????

we've got WV next week, any word on them besides the summer league info. I remember them from Div 3 (oh god) 2 years ago and they were an older team with some speed up front. Any players to watch out for or any helpful hints?! If they could only muster 1 goal on the C-men, is that a sign? I'm not too familiar with them either. Thanks.

King Cougar.....out

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do I start

Teelay,

You are absolutely right, the primos primarily run there attack from the defense through the center mids and them out to thew wings and into the middle. Players of note were Enzo and Alex.
I think if you clog up the middle of the park and play man to man, you have a good chance at stopping the offense. I also noticed that the primos come 5 or 6 strong on the offense leaving them suspect to a quick counter-attack. The centre back was quite strong but the outside backs were beatable.

Gooal,

Like the cougars, we too are defining our style as we are a playing together for the first time. We need to solidify some spots but all in all we have a good bunch of guys. I don't think you will hear nearly as much complaining this year.

tsenghera,

Playing with Club I last year (a club out of richmond) there was a long standing joke about the cougars. Well, the name cougars, as the only cougars in Richmond were found at the local pubs:D
Of course, this was all in good fun.

Are you the guys that had abit of an issue with Club I's div 3 team about two years ago. I vaguely remember some about that.

Some like me...some hate me...just biteme

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's

Goooooal,

The JB's are not any better from last season. In fact we've lost a couple of character players, one to retirement and the other has more pressing commitments. Most are out of game shape. Mental fitness is gone. Once we're down a goal, it seems like alot of players on the team quit. It's quite sad as for a few years now we've missed promo by a point or two. This year we won't be vying for promo but probably somewhere near 3rd or 4th.

Mickster,
have we actually gotten Jr's friend to sign yet? And what about our keeper???

:knvb:

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper????

Keeper still seems to be awol. Good thing we have an easy draw on the weekend........just kidding biteme. Looking forward to breaking in our new home field. After playing there once last year against Bingers we need a win to put that loss out of our heads. Still missing some players for this weekend but hopefully the signing of the "wondertwins" will help us out from a numbers perspective. No word on Jr's friend so the offense will fall to legs again. Should be a decent affair with CH this weekend with a few bevvies to follow cause we can!! Hopefully our keeper shows for this one......

Micktiredofpickingballsoutofournet

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thin Defence comment

tsenghera,

By the thin defence comment, I mean you lacked the defence from your midfield. If you notice, I did say that there were one or two guys at the back who were strong ;)

I was #14 ... played the second half in the midfield, set up our forward a few times for a run, as well as the fact that I missed an easy chip shot in the last couple of minutes (putting it right into the keepers hands) :eek: It being a new team for me and all, I figure it will take a couple of games to establish myself.

As for the Royals - no clue what to expect from them.

gooooaaaal,

We squeaked out a win with a couple of timely plays in the last 10 minutes. I don't want to make other games that close this year. We made it too difficult on ourselves. Give RC credit though - they played well.

biteme,

Enzo is the centre midfielder and the coach/manager ... he loves to hold the ball and make the through abll to the wingers cutting in to the goal. You have to get on top of him early and don't give him the time. Alex is the centre-forward with just an amazing shot. Can't give him space anywhere near the 18, or he will score. The other guy we have to look for this weekend is Tucker - very dangerous outside midfielder who reads the game very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0