Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toons 2 - Indo 1

Pinkies 2
Indo 1

Fairly good game to watch. The Toons took an early 1-0 lead before I got to the game, I heard J.J. scored it. Then Indo were awarded a P.K. when Danny and Sportstowns keeper Alex collided in the box. A bit of a surprise that the ref called it, especially since J.J. had been tripped in the box 5 min. earlier and there was no call. Carm finished it nicely to tie up the game.

2nd half started without J.J., which worried us Sporting guys, but Zeus was able to put away the winner on a nice finishing shot from just inside the 18 and then the Pinkies held on for the win. The game opened up after the Toons went up 2-1 and Indo almost put home the tying goal in the dieing minutes of the game.

Cheers, Gomes

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
back on track

Peg 4-1 Argies

Niall with 2, Bunny with 1 (now leading the league I think), and Clarkey with 1.

We played extremely well in patches against a very good team with a lot of skill and heart... I don't know how we did it

~TBwhoknowsweplaythemincupnextweek :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and the battle for relegation gets tighter

The Toontown Experience did well to make the Sporting-Indo-Inter relegation race an interesting one. Kudos surely go to Zeus, who was the MOTM and a going concern for the Indo backline today. What was more amazing is that he played a full 90, and I think I even saw a sprint in there somewhere. Scoring the game winner was a nice touch. You're the best Sandberg, the best. You'll compliment Jinko well up front in Penticton.

Indo battled hard, but couldn't find the back of the net for an equalizer. It seemed as though the Pinks kept two defenders with Sankar at all times - he never seemed to break free into space like he did against Sporting.

Didar made a couple of excellent saves, although the Sportstown keeper was busy himself turning away a couple of good Indo scoring chances.

Other game notes:

-Nick has invented a new rule where in the case of a collision between two sliding players, the one who can show the nastier war wound earns a peno.

-John Bula needs a new pair of boots. Preferably ones that don't look a reject design from L.A Gear.

-Showtime's game report of this match will be posted sometime in mid-May. He's still collecting his thoughts on paper before the finished copy.

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match report for Sensei

Sensei,

I have sat down and wrote out a match report, I hope you can spell check it for me. Here goes, Sensei was spot on.

An interesting side note to the game is that there were only two different coloured boots on the park today. This is unheared of at any Sportstoon match.:p

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do I begin???

Sensei,

thanks for the cudos(sp?) and I had to score in order to make up for the sitter I had in the first half!

Showtime,

You got alot to say for a guy who doesn't even play in the VMSL! I'm suprised to see that your making fun of boots seeing how you have more shoes/boots than Elizabeth Taylor. I've seen you sport a few pairs of shockers in your life too!

I do agree that boots should be black but I figure they can where whatever they want as long as we win.

Regs,

You seem to have quite the team and have no problem telling everyone how good you are! I really hope we play you again b\c it would be a pleasure to battle with you!

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Testy testy!

Zeus,

Someone's a little testy tonight. Must happen when you miss from inside the six. Anyways I've been in the VMSL much longer than you sunshine. Just because I'm taking the rest of this year off for personal reasons doesn't mean I can't slag you little twats. Anywho, you played well today and had a nice finish on the winner. Keep up the good work and one day they may call you Showtime II. See you at the gym.:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Showtime
Keep up the good work and one day they may call you Showtime II.

I think giving up the rights to The Creator would be more appropriate. I haven't heard that one since Medicine Hat.

Lost in all this shoe talk was the fact that a potential record number of TTPers were out at McNair today. Gomesy_jr, Gomesy16, Showtime, Sensei, Zeus, Darby, Cino, Nutty, Sandman, J_B, Ref Beater....nice to see that lame internet addiction and a rainy sunday afternoon can bring so many people together. Yet not much chirping.

Perplexed,
-Sensei.

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess there isn't too much too chirp about Sensai. The final result was much closer than it should have been. Our fininshing was terrible and will have to be much better to compete with a more experienced team like Peg. It looks as though we are finally learning how to muck out wins in this league. This win now makes it seven in a row for us. KNVB, going back a little here, i know all our wins our starting to get you nervous. I know we have played two more games than you lot but you still need to win those two to pass us.
Cheers, Darby

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know we have played two more games than you lot but you still need to win those two to pass us.
Cheers, Darby

If Naslund scores a hat trick will his linemates assist him? Thanks for an update on the bleeding obvious.

Cheers KNVB :rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Game

A lot of TTPers at the Indo-Pinks game.

The Pinks answered a big question; could they score without JJ? I was impressed by the Pinks offensive performance in the 2nd half, considering JJ wasn't on the pitch. It wasn't looking good for them and the momentum was with Indo, but a midfield give-away and the counter attack finshed Indo. Hard fought victory.

Indo's defense was very pourous and at times the team seemed defeated on the pitch. Indo didn't play well......and Sporting got lucky.

The 2-1 result was fair.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kissing Your Sister, Again

BCFC 2 - Westside 2

A high tempo game on a wet and muddy Hillcrest field.

Westside went up 2-0 half way through the first half, with a Millar cracker at the end of the half, making 2-1 at the half.

Bby. took it to westside in the second half, getting the equilizer 20 min. into the second.
Both teams had some good chances in the second half, but the game ended 2-2, that is another blown lead by westside this year.
And the third tie in a row since the X-mas break for the Caps.

HOSlookingforwardtoCupPlaynextweekend.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trollers 3
Serbia 0

Strong second half after a lacklustre first. Steve Lake, Mike Pennington and John Vendargon with the tallies. Serbia created a few chances, but all were well handled by keeper Marco Durante, who celebrated his return from injury with a clean sheet.

Good result, which netted us three crucial points.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap vs Indo

Ref Beater

Tough question to answer. I know we will bounce back with a better performance than we did against the Argies and we have become a little desperate after the Argie loss. We need the points.

Not to happy right now.:mad:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toons- 2
Mighty Croatia- 4

It just looked all too easy for the Croats, even without starting 4 regulars, they could have scored more...

Johnny Sulentic really rubbed it in when he intentionally missed a PK only to score from a deadly left footed strike a few minutes later.

Next up, Broncos Portuguese friends in an Imperial Cup tie.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2
Trollups 2

I wasn't there but here's what I heard:

Nil-nil at the half. Niall with one off his dink early in the second. Trollups answer with 2 of their own, though one was apparently offside. Bunny tied it up.

Next up: Slurrey

~TB.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened to ya?

I kept waiting for you to show....but nothing. I had to talk to Saint instead. He pulled a head-high kick today that would have put a burlesque dancer to shame. My brother and I were amazed....the words "nimble" and "agile" went hand-in-hand with Sheppie's performance at right back.

Good game today as well. Pretty intense. Niall's goal wasn't a thing of beauty, but they all count I suppose. Pretty dodgy non-call on that one, looked to be goaltender interference.

We battled back and took the lead on two nice goals from James Possee and Willy Cromack. I don't know which one had claims of offisde - both looked good from my vantage point on the sidelines.

The tying goal came after Nial rocketed a volley off Clarke's corner. Marco, who had an excellent day in net, made the first save but a blue shirt hammered home the rebound.

Both teams pressed and each missed a couple of quality chances....Clarkie's miss for Peg stands out, as does Vendargon's for Trollers.

A good battle for the several fans in attendance...would have been nice to secure all three points though. Oh well. Onto next week then.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhhh... it wasn't Bunny who tied it up. It was Marco (for Peg).

Sensei,

I had work to do that I couldn't put aside for the day.

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac results.

Slurrey 2 Inter 2
Westside 8 Pork chops 2 :eek:
Argies 2 Indo 2
Sapp 2 Serb 1

Good game for Inter. I thought they played well. They sent a bunch a dangerous balls down the side for Velente(sp). Jimmy Holiday was only half as bad as I thought he would be. ;) I only say that because he pissed off and didn't share Ref Beaters beer with me like he said. Bastard! Phil you stink as well.

I caught the last 15-20mins of the Westside game as I was subbed(rightly so) for having a shocker. What a piss taking. Simon scored 3 in 15mins. The only thing that would have made that game more complete would be if that dumb twat Ref beater was in net. Line of the day Ollie Heald " Poor bastards were trying so hard I almost felt sorry for them when the 7th one went in." (maybe you had to be there.) Besty I would have introduced myself to you but you were gearing down and I didn't fancy striking up a conversation.

Indo had a two nil lead only to shite the bed on three separate breakaways/scoring chances. Argies scored one I didn't see and the second a funny bounce off the wall on a free kick.

Sapp in all honesty was super lucky to win. Serb had allot of the play. WAB with a breakaway goal :eek: Blinding speed and clinical finish. :rolleyes:

BTW Croatia/Bronco thanks for winning, BUT when a guy buys a team round you usually say THANK YOU. The only guy that did say thanks was the Slovak. Ignorant fcuking twats.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beers

KNVB, you are really sensitive. We all gave you the thumbs up and a cheer as we were leaving. But if you didn't hear it, here it is THANK YOU KNVB FOR THE BEER!!!!! :rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where are all the Inbreds???

Ref Beater, I guess you guys haven't peaked as high as you and the rest of the incest products might have thought!!! You played a 1/2 decent squad (and I stress 1/2) for the 1st time in a long time, and you fcuking got schooled. Where was this offensive and defensive juggernaught that you so highly spoke of?? You claimed that our back line was suspect??? Ask Zeus and his merry men about that. Did you even have 11 on the field for the whole game. Let me guess you didn't have a Porkie reffing the game, that must be why Westside was able to slot 8 past your fortress of a backline. Where were all of these new additions you guys have brought on board?? I don't expect you to respond to any of these questions, fcuk I don't expect to ever hear from you again on TTP, but I know you'll be reading!!;) Can't wait for the next round of the Imperial Cup!!! Big difference playing a Premier side as opposed to a 3rd div team huh Beater?? But you guys were on such a roll....how could this have happened?:rolleyes:

By the way another clinical win for us 4-2 over the Pinks....NEXT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0