Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

06/07~Local course report / Got an opening

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Kings Links early saturday morning.

COurse in pretty good shape. a Few spots still wet but overall excellent for this time of year. The Fescue has not had a chance to grow knee height yet so balls a tad(rolleyes) offline were for the most part findable. Greens were in nice shape other than the fact the bastard who put in the pin placements decided he would take the piss out of everyone who played there. Most pins in a difficult spot to get at and once on the green were on the least flat part of the putting surface. The wind can be a real sonofabitch and can change club selection and or aim up to 3 clubs/ 30 yards. Played a par 3 on the front and literally aimed 25 yards left of the green, the heavy wind of the water pushed that baby a good 30 yards. Into and with the wind was especially nice too as i hit my 7 iron a good 200 yards downwind. Which would have been great if i wasn't 175 yards away. That and the 180 yards 3 wood into the wind were fun to deal with. They seem to have some decent specials on right now and i am playing again next weekend.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played one of my usual freebies at Swan-e-set on Saturday.
Course is in great condition after the rain and winter tune up.

The New West Coast Golf Group Owners have sunk a couple million or more into the course since taking it over and plan on spending more. General upkeep and redo's of the original tee box markers, tee box signage/benches, and a bunch of cash into course equiptment.

THey'll almost ready to open a new teebox on 18 (members course) that is more central to the fairway that gives a great view into the clubhouse to finish.

Gave me a chance to hit the new irons and pick up a new driver after the round.
Can't wait for the season to get into "full swing"

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be playing Golden Eagle on saturday in a 90 person annual tourny with money going towards cancer. Our foursome won't be winning many prizes as we seem to like to get alittle too involved in the cocktails . Should be good times... Texas Scramble and all.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See you tomorrow Deano. Unless it's after 3pm or so. Then I won't be seeing much. Just blurs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone played Tobiano in Kamloops yet?
I'll be heading there in July for a trip. I've heard (and seen) that it's a gorgeous course.

I'm sure Coach has played it, he's golfed everywhere!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody golf at Newlands in Langley recently? Its been years since I've been there, but there's an ad in the Van. Sun today advertising green fees and a power cart for $30weekday,( $40 weekend) which seems like an unbelievable value, I'm figuring something must be wrong with the course, anybody?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tobiano is the Nicest Course in B C Yoda...(In My Opinion)

Got to play it twice and also got three rounds in at Talking Rock in Chase last summer.

Both brand new courses.............But Tobiano is the King of Kings.

You swear you were in Las Vegas or Palm Springs........It's a must pal.

Yoda.......Let's drive up there soon and we can stay at The Robs for a night!;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
played newlands couple of weeks ago. greens were sloooowwwww. but it cost $25 with cart so all was good. for weekday was good deal

played kings links 3 weeks ago and it is in great shape.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody golf at Newlands in Langley recently? ?

It is good value, they always advertise pretty heavily till about June.

I bought about 10 2 for 1 coupons and some free round coupons from one of those travelling door-to-door sales guys and they've worked out well.

Played Belmont a week ago and it was actually very good despite the heavy rain the night before.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tobiano is the Nicest Course in B C Yoda...(In My Opinion)

Got to play it twice and also got three rounds in at Talking Rock in Chase last summer.

Both brand new courses.............But Tobiano is the King of Kings.

You swear you were in Las Vegas or Palm Springs........It's a must pal.

Yoda.......Let's drive up there soon and we can stay at The Robs for a night!;)

Done Deal. Should we let him know we're coming? Or just show up at his door.
I"m sure he'd be glad to have the company either way.

As for the trip, we'll be playing 5 rounds in 4 days. Tobiano, Rivershore, Sun Rivers, and The Dunes.
I've been out of this trip for a long time so it'll be nice to get back into playing these great courses. Or just golfing in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0