Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Youth development changes needed.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching high pace attacking in MLS brings me to think. As you all know we send very few lads up to that level. In my opinion we need to change our system of development.
Practice pace must step up way more to produce playwers for future. Also what I have noticed skill level even at high pace is way better. Direct attacking with skill and fast movment gives deffender very little tim to think. Clearing from the back is mostly first time. Most of our youth take too long on a ball. Lets here it from you guys on ways to improve. Only positive posts will hel local coaches.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have HPL in place. Thats not going to develop a thing. It is kids in MSL and level under that will be developed. You guys think development is only in HPL. Any time they want to go forward vs D I teach. We would see who is developing who.
Some things never change. There is twice as many good kids in lower levels. Sytem is missing out tonns.
Latley selects played a gold side. I was watching.Gold side won on PK. Watching that tells all, it is just the name. Level of play is the same. Only two three guys stand out. On the other side residancy with kids from all across Canada US and other countries will bring bit better players. Development is still the same. We are mistaking our out come. We need to do way better for our kids to crack a residancy program.
Give us your input. How you would change the development.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a u14 metro team against a u15 gold team, wasnt it Mr. Base?

Try telling the whole story instead of just a part that supports whatever your thesis happens to be this week...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb a 20 roster U14 selects did play a year older gold side. Gold side did have U14 players. On top of it they head only one sub. U 14 side has three very good players. Rest of the kids lack in speed and fast attacking. Moastly passive players. In orther for us to place more kids to residency program, we must get fast kids and than teach them game. It realy make no differance what we teach if they lack pace.
U14 coach is moving on to onother club. He can see where it is at. Good guy teaches well. But net result is, passive or attackive.One with pace will alway beat the slow guy out for a spot.
Lots of these kids need to spend way more time on a mountain bikes. They last three four minuts on the pitch and then sub. These kids only play on a arobic energy. By the time they get to sixteen their lungs are half a size of kids across the line, where each player plays twenty minutes time spot win lose or draw. It is not our kids it is us as coaches, only thinking if I win I am the best. Simple it is got nothing to do with coaches. It is a must in development of a player.It is not going to happen with three minutes slots.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain FML tell us what you mean with it. It is simple to develop. First we need our coaches to stop bringing ringers to tournaments. It hurts lots of kids on their teams. Most of them coaches think building enamies is OK. Who cares. It comes around in few years. Those kids grow up and start taking it out on those coaches. In my opinion BC soccer should have a meeting for all coaches. That's the only way we all will be on a same page.
Adding leagues with out a respect for a rules oif the game will only hurt more people.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps approved for USSDA u16 and u18. So right there is more opportunity for potential Whitecaps from BC - the "combine" as they call it includes players from across Canada and Internationally. I don't see this impacting BCPL to a massive extent - 8-10 local lads plus 8-10 "out of towners"??

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Four from Surrey will be in this year residancy program. Maybe one from Burnaby one from Richmond and two from Island. Rest from all over the place. That is going to make not a bit of effect on HPL. Looking last knight HPL head a very good number of kids trying out. Burnaby HPL side should do very well. Island sides are very very strong. Good movment.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0