Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats worse? Riots or Racists?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck fans have been tagged as destructive sore loser hockey fans after the game 7 loss in last years SCF.

Some Boston fans decided to take to the internet after being knocked out last night by the capitals in overtime to show their frustrations using social media to show their true colors.

Warning... the following content may offend some readers.

Joel Ward Racist Tweets-Bruins Fans Racism After 2012 Caps Game 7 | NowPublic News Coverage

Social Media Around Capitals-Bruins Game 7 is Tainted by Racism

Chirpstory - Bruins Fans Calling Joel Ward The N-Word

I'll take the riot.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully media exposes these guys , makes their lives a living hell through embarrassment, same way we did with the rioters from last year..

Mtkb your comments are welcome and im sure u have at least an ounce more class than this group..

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill take the Riots, atleast they were multi cultural and included everyone.

Is neither an option? They are both on the same level of stupidity and ignorance. I don't want either, and this doesn't make my embarrassment for last year's riot any less. It was embarrassing then, and still is. As a hockey fan, I'm embarrassed by those comments, too.

Sorry, dumb thread topic question.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This.
Is neither an option? They are both on the same level of stupidity and ignorance. I don't want either, and this doesn't make my embarrassment for last year's riot any less. It was embarrassing then, and still is. As a hockey fan, I'm embarrassed by those comments, too.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I never said I agree with the riots, they were stupid and made vancouver look absolutely foolish. But I would take one riot over racism if I really had to. There is no room for either in society but unfortunately some people are to ignorant and will never learn. Now fcuk off im busy :eek:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed that racism is way worse than rioting. A person's dignity is worth a billion times more than some goods at London Drugs.

Anyone who actually tweeted any of that shite deserves to be dragged out and shot on the spot. Period.

Boston has a horrid history of racism towards black athletes. This I am well aware of.

Having said all of that, something doesnt add up here. There were between 50 and 100 tweets by individual accounts, all around 1 am eastern, all WAY WAY WAY over the line racist bullcrap. I have a hard time believing that there are that many social media savvy Bruin fans (as distinct from the racist grampas everyone knows about and try to keep from talking) who all took to the same social media outlet to post the same vicious comment about a guy who did nothing all series and then scored one bloody goal.

Where my scepticism really comes in is that 1) the original site gathering all these tweets has a few other references to hacking twitter accounts, and 2) most of those twitter accounts were gone within the hour. So, all these racist fcutards post crapola at the exact same time, and moments later all have an epiphany and delete their accounts?

I think this is one racist motherfcuker having a day hacking accounts and making Bruin fan look like a racist boob, thats what I think...

On the other hand, if those accounts were legit, and its a product of the "i can say anything i want on the internet" attitude that young people (some of the accounts were ostensibly held by kids well under the age of 21) seem to have, then yeah, shoot the buggers...

If our youth are that willing to go to racism over a fcuking game, then we've completely failed as a society...

Most important thing - Joel Ward has been getting a lot of tweets from supportive Bruin fans, and he seems to really appreciate it. Frankly I hope the Caps go on a tear - they out Bruined the Bruins are were the better team start to finish. Full value...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0