Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whale Rider

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who am I to give relationship advice? However, in order to score major points with the lady, I highly suggest accompanying her to this New Zealand film.

As I mentioned I would, I took in a relaxing matinee at Tinseltown today and was pleasantly surprised at the power and movement of this independant movie. There were a few familiar faces seen long ago in Once Were Warriors (1994) and in a familiar light: this is a film about a village of Mauri tribes-people in today's modern era.

I won't go into details, but to say that the young 12-year old girl is a -- will be -- a major movie star. I haven't seen a young actor manage this kind of performance since . . . I can't remember. Also, the story is far from predictable: you might expect a commonly-used Hollywood ending, and you'll be sorely mistaken.

Your wife/girlfriend/date will ball her eyes out, love it, and love you for taking her.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crikey!

Power and movement you say? 12 year-old girls you say? Relaxing matinees, you say? Balling eyes out no less? Being sore and mistaken and all?

After two years I'm pleased to say I remain unaware of the location of the kind of cinema that would show such a film, kiwi or otherwise.

Maybe my 'girlfriend' will. I'll have to ask 'her'.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
obvious.........

Yes Regs, your Gran is here with me.

She tells me you're a proper scallywag.

I'm going to take her to see Whale Rider tonight.

Hope you don't mind but you know what she's like.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0