Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 6 Results & Banter

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs Razorbacks
Knights vs FVRD tie
Sparta vs Dynamo
CCB India vs 91`s
CMF Titans vs Temple
Burnaby Metro vs Twu

Hard to say which team will show up to play in the Knights vs FVRD game, ill take the tie.
Sparta vs Dynamo for the MOTW Sparta move the ball well but the pace of the Dynamo will be the decider.
91`s are improving and will continue to get points this weekend vs the struggling CCB India squad.
Temple to strong for the Titans
Hoping for TWU over Burnaby Metro. A team who beats the Dynamo but gets ragdolled by FVRD and has their away game played again at their home pitch. I wish teams would stop catering to these guys and make them actually travel to your field. If they can`t make it to bad, take the 5-0 win and they can pay their fines.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - teams being allowed to start Div 2 as a new cub in the leage don't need any favours for schedulin purposes.

Any takers on Bby somehow getting a full home-schedule in cup games?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoping for TWU over Burnaby Metro. A team who beats the Dynamo but gets ragdolled by FVRD and has their away game played again at their home pitch. I wish teams would stop catering to these guys and make them actually travel to your field. If they can`t make it to bad, take the 5-0 win and they can pay their fines.

Well.... not making excuses but the game change (I agreed to it) ended up costing us because we didn't have a keeper, despite having two signed one got called into work after I had already given the other the night off... my fault for accepting the change and then running into an offensive team.... They scored on 3 of 6 shots on net. They are skilled for sure but shouldn't be a match for any of the better teams in D2. Unless they have a bunch of permit guys they will always be a bunch of guys willing to only travel as far as the skytrain can take them.

They claimed to me that the league assured them there would be no Saturday road games, all so that the fvsl could steal some teams from the VMSL.... seems like we are catering to a new D2 team at the expense of many long standing existing programs... but I don't usually believe rumours that I hear on the field so won't put much faith in those comments..... it will all work out in the end.

Two forfeits and I guess they get the boot (as per the "rules"...) so I suppose we just wait it out until they forfeit a match which will happen.

Sub.

Oh almost forgot my picks:

Celtic vs Razorbacks TIE (Celtic are almost always stingy bastards!!!)
Knights vs FVRD
Sparta vs Dynamo
CCB India vs 91`s
CMF Titans vs Temple
Burnaby Metro
vs Twu (From what I have seen TWU is horrible)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info Sub. Its a shame that this is happening, the Burnaby Metro coach is a great guy, sucks that the players picked can't make away games and its hurting the league. hopefully it all sorts itself out for the better of the league.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened with the game 2 weeks ago with CMF Titans and the Burnaby squad? It was a 1-1 tie but does not appear in the standings and in the team results says that the game is still to be played....anyone know?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks are a good young side as FB said. We had to finish with 10 men with 25 to go, as one of our guys went down with an injury, they pushed forward and we went up 3-0 on the counter attack. They got one back with 15 to go. They will be a solid team and do well in the league, just gotta try and keep the fancy stuff to a minimum and they will do better. Onto CCB next week.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 5 -1 over Club mates Sparta. Scoreline is not entirelya fair representation of the match, Sparta only had 11 and had 3-4 very good chances in the first 25 minutes including a PK (Saved) that could have put them in front early. We settled down and managed to pile on a few 2nd half goals.

Good clean game, great bunch of guys on Sparta and with several x-premier Langley and Aldergrove players they will be very good if they can add some bodies and a little more fitness and speed.

Sub.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0