Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad that it is given people something to discuss or think about them. As mentioned previously, it takes time for them to have more accuracy, but each week they get more reliable, and they have done well so far. They are also more useful that what most people think. This why I truncated the publishing of the division where we are competing. It is quite a bit of work, but if people like some of the lower divisions I can also publish them and compute them. Just let me know if there is interest.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad that it is given people something to discuss or think about them. As mentioned previously, it takes time for them to have more accuracy, but each week they get more reliable, and they have done well so far. They are also more useful that what most people think. This why I truncated the publishing of the division where we are competing. It is quite a bit of work, but if people like some of the lower divisions I can also publish them and compute them. Just let me know if there is interest.

Out of curiosity Soccer Coach which program do you use to do the rankings?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Campo Rankings predicted On week 5 correctly all the results of the 5 games. A good week for the Campo Rankings.
West Wan, Coquitlam, and Pegasus keep the steady climb of points. Tigers/Rinos continue in their drop. Norvan, Richmond, and FC Tigers in the relegation zone.

RANK DIVISION Week 5 NAME
01 PREM 2126 West Van FC A
02 PREM 2113 Coq. M Ford Wolves A
03 PREM 2044 Pacific United BCT A
04 PREM 2034 EDC FC Burnaby A
05 PREM 2025 Pegasus FC
06 PREM 2002 Croatia SC A
07 PREM 2001 Langley FC
08 PREM 1960 Surrey United Firefighters
09 PREM 1952 Club Inter
10 PREM 1935 NVFC Norvan
11 PREM 1921 Rich. FC Hibernian A
12 PREM 1905 FC Tigers Vanc Rino's

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night:

MetroFord 4-0 FC Tigers
Pacific United 2-2 West Van
Langley FC 4-2 Chile

Metro Ford moves into a tie with West Van now at the top of the table, both on 16 points after 6 games.

FC Tigers remain in the basement getting lumped pretty much week in, week out.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rinos Tigers....#NoRegrets.....:bag:

How about Pacific Utd though? CCB took relegation right down to the wire last year with Columbus as I recall. Whatever they did with thi "realignment" seems to certainly be paying dividends at least early on. Who's got the inside scoop on them?

Oct 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
this Pacific United team is almost the same CCB team as last year and like last year I recall that they started off well just like how they are doing now but started to drop. Don't know if the same will happen to them this year but they have a very good squad from what I seen two weeks ago. Hurricanes with a 4-2 win over the provincial champs. Langley have some good talent, I watched them play last weekend and they had a quality player by the name of Amar not sure what his last name is but he has some nice footwork and some distribution. Does anyone know who he is? Never seen him play before until last week.

LHE

Nov 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
this Pacific United team is almost the same CCB team as last year and like last year I recall that they started off well just like how they are doing now but started to drop. Don't know if the same will happen to them this year but they have a very good squad from what I seen two weeks ago. Hurricanes with a 4-2 win over the provincial champs. Langley have some good talent, I watched them play last weekend and they had a quality player by the name of Amar not sure what his last name is but he has some nice footwork and some distribution. Does anyone know who he is? Never seen him play before until last week.

Quality winger

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's going on with Sulentic's and Croatia Soccer Club. Many older guys are almost ready to kick the hole group out. Bringing in Dino could send the team down. Boys clean it up or go to Div two.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half time update Croatia 2- 0 rinos sc. Looks like Dino did a great job preparing the club for a very big early season fixture.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scores from last night:

MetroFord 3-0 Club Inter
Croats 2-1 FC Toothless
Norvan 1-0 Pacific United (unconfirmed but I think that's what went down)
Peg 3-0 Langley FC
Richmond 2-1 Chile

Definite Ranking implications there.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's the actual feeling on Rinos winning a game this season? Even though we are not half way through the schedule yet is anyone willing to say they are already down? Given they have 0 wins on the season with three games left in the schedule (first half) and are three wins from safety its tough to see how they turn it around, and more specifically where the wins will come from. Obviously anything can happen, but I am wondering given the recent upturn in Div 1 results if perhaps the club higher-ups have maybe realigned their focus and moved some players down to Div 1 to absolutely ensure survival in that league?

Some big matches upcoming though, tough tests vs. Pacific and Langley followed by a basement battle with Surrey Utd and the first round of reverse fixtures against Hibs, the only team they've taken a point off this season. If they could come out of that with 6 pts well then its probably all to play for, if they are still on 1 pt after that well then...

As for Surrey Utd. they have now slipped to the relegation battle as well. To be honest they appear to be far from the dominating force that they used to be even only 2 years ago (2013 Prov Champs). I can't remember how the table finished specifically, but I recall them having a rather unremarkable finish to the season and missing provincials. Could they be the next in the line of traditional VMSL Premier powerhouses to be relegated (Columbus, Inter, Hibs, Westside, NorVan)??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's the actual feeling on Rinos winning a game this season? Even though we are not half way through the schedule yet is anyone willing to say they are already down? Given they have 0 wins on the season with three games left in the schedule (first half) and are three wins from safety its tough to see how they turn it around, and more specifically where the wins will come from. Obviously anything can happen, but I am wondering given the recent upturn in Div 1 results if perhaps the club higher-ups have maybe realigned their focus and moved some players down to Div 1 to absolutely ensure survival in that league?

No, there have been no transfers between Prem/Div1. Div 1 have simply gotten healthy, developed some team chemistry, and are now playing closer to their potential.

To stay up, any Premier team will need 7-8 wins on the season.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier soccer is not even close the way clubs played before. Five teams play higher level soccer rest just scramble. Most teams improve after kids from collage programs come. Every year is the same. Div one teams get better with cuts from premier. Watching good div one game or premier looks the same. Guys run and gun 100 miles per hour but the brain works at sixty miles per hour turn over after turn over.
More fun watching fat guys in Div three. Some have better skill than the guys in premier.
It gets better after Christmas, I do go watch more games Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0