Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Celtic 2 - SFU 1

Mucky game on Mclean today but we managed to squeeze out the 3 points which I think was deserved by the amount of play we carried to them, in the last 20 min they came at us hard but with no real great chances to tie.
On another note, I thought the Blues were the whiniest team we had faced but # 8 on SFU in the middle of the park never shuts up. I think even his team was getting fed up listening to him go on and on.

good bbq and pints after...eh Celtic8?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, in the end, it rained so hard that you couldn't see the tears on the B boys.

Ref shite his pants, gave the C-boys 2 red cards, but they were very strong, defended very well, and when they had the chances, attacked with vigor and banged in a couple. I think the final was 4-2.

But it started raining so hard at the end of the game that everyone peeled out of there, leaving full beers in coolers - something that has never happened at a Westside event. :eek::wa::eek::wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

You're right, that did read like a Sunday night post. Pisspot.:D

Shocking. I heard from the boys that it was a close one, but "never troubled us in our 1/3rd of the park" is disheartening to read. We're having an anno horribilis right now, and it gets worse from here.:rolleyes:

Luso 4 Us 1 - absolutely atrocious first 15 minutes after which we go down 3-0. Backup keeper in net was shell-shocked by the first one; the next two were just caused by piss-poor marking. At this point I am still getting my cleats on, having just come straight to the game from the airport, so I won't take any blame or credit for any of this nonsense. Crossbar #16 on the season:rolleyes: follows for us, and things level off a bit. Second half was 1-1 and evenly played, with slightly more chances our way, but of course, no finish.

Again, lots of missing bodies. Our most skilled player (and arguably the most skilled midfielder in the Division) has gone back home to Mongolia until after Christmas; the only forward we have who can hit the net consistently without hitting woodwork is at home on Daddy Duty with a new kid in the house (he has older but still very small ones as well), and several of our better defensive players have been away or injured for large portions of the season.:( Time to take our frustrations out on the Reds next week...

I came back for this?

Trece

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde: it's seems this story repeats itself every week...do think a pattern is developing or 2 things you may want to reconsider:
1. overhaul your team
2. go back to mexico or retire

SCP

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

You're right, that did read like a Sunday night post. Pisspot.:D

Shocking. I heard from the boys that it was a close one, but "never troubled us in our 1/3rd of the park" is disheartening to read. We're having an anno horribilis right now, and it gets worse from here.:rolleyes:

Trece

Hey Don't get me wrong Trece your boys played hard and determined but other than one gaff from us their was never really a threat on our goal. Our keeper didn't make any difficult saves.

With that said we were week in front of your goal. We never felt we were going to lose the match.

Injuries & Missing bodies: That is a matter of fact in O35 ut seems. We were missing key members of our squad the day we played your lot and even had guys like myslef playing at 70%.

Fingers crossed for games to be played this week.

Onyone know the story on Caribbean Allstars right now. Their results say they may have imporved?????

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

CAI has a new pacey striker who is capable of causing fits for slower defenses. Aside from that, Joe's got the same unorthodox and gangly bunch that he's always had. Some big guys who aren't very well coordinated, but still manage to get in your way enough that you can't play the way you want to and move the ball around them.

Reds 2 us 1: Who Me? popped another penno in for us in the first half; up 1-0 at time. 2nd half they took advantage of numbers and our backup keeper: bounced one in over his head that he misjudged. Before it hit the goal line, one of their forwards made sure it was going in by flapping The Chicken Wing of God at it and making sure our keeper couldn't reach it. Despite our protestations to the Blind Man In The Middle, it stood.:mad: Winning goal to them was by poaching an absolutely abysmal backpass and slotting past our diving keeper.

Crossbar #17 on the season in the first half didn't help either.:rolleyes:

The Reds had lots of numbers (about 6-7 subs); that helped them out as well, as they took it to our 12. Next......:rolleyes:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

CAI has a new pacey striker who is capable of causing fits for slower defenses. Aside from that, Joe's got the same unorthodox and gangly bunch that he's always had. Some big guys who aren't very well coordinated, but still manage to get in your way enough that you can't play the way you want to and move the ball around them.

Is he one of the true Caribbean Players? If so he played in our first match vs them and indeed he was quick. We won that match 8-0 but the high score was really a credit to their keeper. We played well but without his help at times it woudl only have been 4(maybe 5)-0 most likely

On to Roma this weekend or more likely a day off. Roma are always a tricky one but I like our chances.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually no; he's a latino guy (Caribe no más que yo). Joe is running out of true Windies players; they're more of a polyglot like the rest of us nowadays.

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions????
2A
Poco Blues vs Killarney
Van Utd vs PCOV
SFU vs Caribbean AS
BFC vs Roma
New West vs Poco Celtic

2B
Inter Steaua vs GFC C-Men
West Side C vs Coquitlam Ajax
Van Eagles vs Surrey Dynamo
Covercrete vs West Side B
Ridge Shooters vs Cliff Ave

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bursting Georgie's prediction bubble...

Blues 1 Us 1

Absolutely abysmal start on our part; 1-0 to them 3 minutes in with a collective brain fart by our defenders. We learned to adapt to their jugadores latinos en frente, and decided to drop the defensive strategy we came to the park with, and just attack.

Spent far too much time in their end in the second half as a result, and finally cracked the goose egg with about 10 left. Not a bad team (Hi Sam!), but their centre midfielder who looks like Baldrick is an absolute moron. Yes, he was fouled, but he was still whining about it half an hour later on the field, and in the handshake lineup after, called me an arsehole and then ran away and hid behind the rest of his teammates. Grow a pair of cojones, loser...:rolleyes:

After our game, we sat and took in the entertainment as CAI with 9 players took on SFU. Methinks SFU took things a bit too lightly, as when we ran out of carbonated hop-based beverages, SFU was only up 2-1 despite their numerical advantage.

TTFN

Trece

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bursting Georgie's prediction bubble...

but their centre midfielder who looks like Baldrick is an absolute moron. Yes, he was fouled, but he was still whining about it half an hour later on the field, and in the handshake lineup after, called me an arsehole and then ran away and hid behind the rest of his teammates. Grow a pair of cojones, loser...:rolleyes:
Trece

Trece we had the same problem with that player when we beat the blues...whined all game and couldn't take what he tried to dish out. pitiful actually

Poco Celtic 4 - New West Reds 1

pretty one sided affair today at Queens park, we put 4 by them in the first 40 min and kinda sat back after. Celtic8:eek: with a gift for New West allowed the one goal against but other that I don't believe they had another shot on net.
See you next week Trece!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC 0 Roma 0

Well if we could get a header down we would have gone into the 2nd half up by 3 or 4 but that wasnt the case. We played some really attractive football moving the ball around but Roma did not break. Their keeper played very well.

2nd half they took it to us for a good 20 minutes and then we turned it around and started to pressure them again. A little incident that occurred almost mared what was a well played match. Seems one of our defenders made a little obstruction on one of their players away from the play and then all I heard was a tremendous whack. Their player took a nasty kick to our players calf from behind. Cooler heads prevailed while the ref continued his dazed and confused act.

We took the play to them again for the last 25 but didn't create any good looks at goal.

I have to say I do get fed up of watching them clear their lines by humping the ball up the park all day.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon, Georgie, Frank's probably the best 80 yard passer in Vancouver. Who was in net for them? Pepe, the little guy?

Redwoods:

Yeah, I guess you guys are coming to our house next weekend (if the weather holds up). Hastings has been pretty good to us so far this season. It'll be a bit of a treat after the mudfest at McLean today; I don't think there's much left of your pitch after today's second game.

Trece

celtic8

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods, thanks for throwing me under the bus;). Admittedly, I was in a different world on that one.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon, Georgie, Frank's probably the best 80 yard passer in Vancouver. Who was in net for them? Pepe, the little guy?
Trece

Can't argue with that. Honestly though without Frank on the back line they would be in a wee bit of trouble!

The keeper was on the smaller side but not tiny. The guy we usually play against is a larger fellow that resembles......hmmmm..............A Blowfish!:bronco:....oh wait. Maybe more like this guy but with the pumpkin part in the middle!:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guy we usually play against is a larger fellow that resembles......hmmmm..............A Blowfish!:bronco:....oh wait. Maybe more like this guy but with the pumpkin part in the middle!:D

That's Pepe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0