Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div. 2 (2008/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought that was a fairly accurate account...but also thought we could have been up 2 or 3 nothing in the first 30 minutes but didn't finish our chances at all. We didn't generate nearly enough offense in the second half to get the win. The goal was a gift as well and a tough way to give up 3 points considering it was a tough fought game.
No excuses...we didn't do enough to win. First game back after 2 months+ and you could see the rust.

Good luck to Bombastic the rest of the way.

If the shooting was perfect then maybe 2 nil. Your speedy two front men 18 & 19 gave us some trouble until we brought on our quicker central defender and I think that was a tactfull change that helped put the end to the over the top balls. You also attacked our right back over and over with the speed difference. Without a dobt though had you potted one (and you should have had one for sure I think) The match could have been different.

Unfortunately far too often a poor mistake leads to a goal that wins matches like this. I think I said in my posts during xmas that if we took 4 of 6 points from your boys and PCOV then the league was ours to lose. Still some tricky matches to be played so anything can happen but we certainly have put ourselves in a position where we will only have ourselves to blame if we don't win the division.

Thanks for the best wishes!

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the shooting was perfect then maybe 2 nil. Your speedy two front men 18 & 19 gave us some trouble until we brought on our quicker central defender and I think that was a tactfull change that helped put the end to the over the top balls. You also attacked our right back over and over with the speed difference. Without a dobt though had you potted one (and you should have had one for sure I think) The match could have been different.

Unfortunately far too often a poor mistake leads to a goal that wins matches like this. I think I said in my posts during xmas that if we took 4 of 6 points from your boys and PCOV then the league was ours to lose. Still some tricky matches to be played so anything can happen but we certainly have put ourselves in a position where we will only have ourselves to blame if we don't win the division.

Thanks for the best wishes!

I hope we meet in the cup as I am sure the result will be much different after a few games under our belt...as for the mistake no chance that happens again as our sweeper on the day is game in and game out one of our most valuable players and that was a complete fluke.

We will make some adjustments for the end run and finish out as best we can...maybe we take the cup as well!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we meet in the cup as I am sure the result will be much different after a few games under our belt...as for the mistake no chance that happens again as our sweeper on the day is game in and game out one of our most valuable players and that was a complete fluke.

We will make some adjustments for the end run and finish out as best we can...maybe we take the cup as well!!

Hey can't knock a lad that speaks confidnetly unless it's Trece with Killarney ....as that would just be pure rubbbish....or cross bar #225:p:D:knvb:.

See you in the Cup Finals then! As for winning both league and cup keep praying to the football gods that we have to default a match or slip up somewhere. I think our overall depth is were the difference was on the weekend........our 50 year olds were better than yours:eek:! As for your 32 year olds.....you might have an argument........but this past weekend, our underagers outmarked yours!!

You have a strong squad so should we be lucky enough to get to the final ourselves, I am thinking (looking at the draw) your team very well could be there!! Best of Luck!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I haven't done anything confidnetly all year... and yes, we did hit crossbar #21 on Sunday, thanks for asking.:eek::mad:

I have never trumped up our team's performance on here, even around the cooler. I think if anything, this has been the most frustrating season we've ever had, emphasized by a ludicrous inability to finish, an abysmal run of luck (who else has managed to hit 21 crossbars?) and some absolutely horrible defensive brain farts at crucial moments by an otherwise extremely experienced back line who are all capable of much better. Nowhere near good enough by my standards, and as a result there will be a lot of changes for next year.:mad::mad::mad:

Bye for us next weekend as all possible remaining opponents are involved in Cup play (one left to each of Georgie's BombedAssKicked, SFU, and PCOV). Check out the B Cup thread...

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I haven't done anything confidnetly all year... and yes, we did hit crossbar #21 on Sunday, thanks for asking.:eek::mad:

Bye for us next weekend as all possible remaining opponents are involved in Cup play (one left to each of Georgie's BombedAssKicked, SFU, and PCOV). Check out the B Cup thread...

Sucks to have a bye after soo many weeks off. But then again you boys have played a few more matches than most.

I'm looking forward to our rematch against your boys. Poor finishing and defensive brain farts........sound like Masters DIV 2???? A reality we all face at our age now. We have certainly blown points this season due to lack of finish. The one match that comes to mind is our draw with Roma Rangers. They admitted they had not right being in that match but we kept them in.

Defending has been our best quality this year. We certainly have scored a few and we still have not played New West but with only 8 goals against in 13 matches no matter how poor your scoring is....you will win matches.

Have a nice weekend off and maybe pop out to watch a match or two. If you happen to be by our Match, say hello and there will be plenty of pops for you to partiake in Trece:wa:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

Sounds like a deal. Which one of the 47 guys named Mark are you?:D

Trece

I now have been with the club for 11 years so I am.....I think........Mark # 3. 2 Mark's are now gone so we are officially down to 45.

If you pop out I am #16 on the pitch! Always pleased to buy a pop for a fellow TTPer.......especially one of the best!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Redwoods and Celtic8 are chomping at the bit to see the result from our match today.

Bombastic FC 1
Van United 2

Sorry but actually 2-1 to BFC. Van United came to play....but with only 10 men. They grafted hard and nearly brought the game level at 2-2 but is wasn't to be.

First 5 minutes and with us fully pressuring them they get a lucky hand ball penalty. 1-0 Van Utd. We then pressure and get into our groove and level the match at 1 at about the 25 minute mark. We pressured for more but it wasn't to be. The second half was again mainly one way and us creating chance after chance and getting cought offside a fair bit and finally the 2nd goal came with about 30 mins left to play.

Van U did pick it up and give it their best and we were lucky not to have conceeded a 2nd. A nice corner kick to back post and excellent header from 8 yards hits the underside of the bar down on our defenders head back up onto the bar then back down in front of him and their goalie (playing out today) hits only to have our defender save off the line. QUite lucky but then again not seeing they only had two real efforts at goal.

ALmost the result your boys needed Celtic8 & Redwoods.

How did your boys get on today?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure Redwoods and Celtic8 are chomping at the bit to see the result from our match today.

Bombastic FC 1
Van United 2

Sorry but actually 2-1 to BFC. Van United came to play....but with only 10 men. They grafted hard and nearly brought the game level at 2-2 but is wasn't to be.

First 5 minutes and with us fully pressuring them they get a lucky hand ball penalty. 1-0 Van Utd. We then pressure and get into our groove and level the match at 1 at about the 25 minute mark. We pressured for more but it wasn't to be. The second half was again mainly one way and us creating chance after chance and getting cought offside a fair bit and finally the 2nd goal came with about 30 mins left to play.

Van U did pick it up and give it their best and we were lucky not to have conceeded a 2nd. A nice corner kick to back post and excellent header from 8 yards hits the underside of the bar down on our defenders head back up onto the bar then back down in front of him and their goalie (playing out today) hits only to have our defender save off the line. QUite lucky but then again not seeing they only had two real efforts at goal.

Celtic 2 - Blues 2

Its all yours! Congrats boys

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 - Blues 2

That I am not sure about yet but you would think so. I am currious about New West Reds. They have dug out some curious results vs PCOV lately and they don't seem to be leaking goals like before. We still have two matches vs them, then Killarney and SFU.

I'm assuming we will all be playing cup next weekend.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods:

We were supposed to have played after you guys, but SFU screwed up about notifying the league as to which week they actually had the allotment for McLean, and we ended up being double-booked with a girls' game.:rolleyes:

Chased around for an alternate field, and we actually ended up at Reeves/Gates down by the water, with a very late start. I think we actually got onto the field at 1...

Game ended up us :cool: them :cool:. Taki was okay in the middle; not exactly a high-stress game to deal with. Both teams had chances to put the game away, but neither were able to finish. They came very close with a spot shot when our sweeper hit the ball with his ping pong paddle, but our keeper guessed correctly and kept the shot out.

Once again, nice to see that our guys have finally put it together, but why did they have to wait until the end of the season? I've got enough grey hair already...:rolleyes:

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

Not sure what will happen next week but I assume you will be correct about cup games. If that is the case we've got another weekend off since all we've got left are you lot and Lusos.

In terms of the Reds, they have a very good keeper in Dave Jones. The rest of the team, not so good, but they have the capability to play at a reasonable level.

Trece

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie:

Not sure what will happen next week but I assume you will be correct about cup games. If that is the case we've got another weekend off since all we've got left are you lot and Lusos.

In terms of the Reds, they have a very good keeper in Dave Jones. The rest of the team, not so good, but they have the capability to play at a reasonable level.

Trece

I watched a match they played vs Roma pre snow season and they did look poor but what they are doing beating PCOV and then losing to them on PK's in the cup I have no clue. I think we will break them down and get our wins but we will never know until the matches are played.

We are confident at the moment but we know it only takes one small slip up and next thing we know Roma will be top of the tables. THAT WOULD BE A SHOCKER TO EVERYONE I THINK.:eek:

Fordinho

Apr 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 - Blues 2

It still feels too soon for that sentiment, and we still have some business to take care of first.

I do note that Celtic can do us a favour this weekend against Roma...I will dig out my old Frank McAvennie top and cheer you boys on from afar!

blasted tie

Oct 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic FC 1
Van United 2

It was always going to be BFC, although we did make it a game despite being one man short. BFC spread the field nicely and we were out-matched in the air in the second half. It seemed the second goal was a set play. Thanks for a good game and best of luck rest of the way.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It still feels too soon for that sentiment, and we still have some business to take care of first.

I do note that Celtic can do us a favour this weekend against Roma...I will dig out my old Frank McAvennie top and cheer you boys on from afar!

I can tell you this...after last weekend where we shite the bed against an awful Blues team I think that Roma better be ready for a tough go. I think the boys will be fired up to finish as high as we can after some dodgy efforts recently.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you this...after last weekend where we shite the bed against an awful Blues team I think that Roma better be ready for a tough go. I think the boys will be fired up to finish as high as we can after some dodgy efforts recently.

The Roma are an absolute shocking 2nd in my view. I rate and rank Celtic and PCOV way above that squad. With that said, Frank seems to get he best from his boys with 8, 9, 10 or 11 of them on the pitch.

They play to their advantages and player set very well and then Frank does the rest by hoofing the ball up the park.

I aslo thought Van Utd would be one of the teams to beat in our Division.

Old Man footie.........you never know what team you will have out each weekend.:cool:

Cum on Celtic!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old Man footie.........you never know what team you will have out each weekend.:cool:

...tell me about it - even with the same bodies in the jerseys I'm never quite sure which team's going to show up.:rolleyes::eek:

Jekyll & Hyde FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0