Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Primos drew today. I don't know any details, but they were on course to equal Punjab's 18-0 from last season, but with only one goal against. I guess they'll just have to console themselves with Richmond losing and making Promo official.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 2 C-men 1

A pretty good game by both teams. While we had the edge in possession, Yaletown was more dangerous in attack. Their first goal came about midway in the first half, on a partial breakaway. Our keeper rushed out and their striker beat him with a well-taken chip into an empty net. Also, both teams had a chance from within the six to score - their guy missed the net entirely, our guy shot a weak one right to their keeper - 1-0 at half. We started to play better possession in the 2nd, while Yaletown continued to be dangerous with counters. They got a second goal off of a turnover around the half. I believe that their forward was offside when he got the pass at around the eighteen, but there was no call and he walked in and slotted it. We had the ball in their half for long spells after that and we managed to score one, but that's it. While it feels better to at least be in games, we need more production from the guys upfront if we're going to put wins up this year.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Yaletown 2 C-men 1

A pretty good game by both teams. While we had the edge in possession, Yaletown was more dangerous in attack. Their first goal came about midway in the first half, on a partial breakaway. Our keeper rushed out and their striker beat him with a well-taken chip into an empty net. Also, both teams had a chance from within the six to score - their guy missed the net entirely, our guy shot a weak one right to their keeper - 1-0 at half. We started to play better possession in the 2nd, while Yaletown continued to be dangerous with counters. They got a second goal off of a turnover around the half. I believe that their forward was offside when he got the pass at around the eighteen, but there was no call and he walked in and slotted it. We had the ball in their half for long spells after that and we managed to score one, but that's it. While it feels better to at least be in games, we need more production from the guys upfront if we're going to put wins up this year.
Good summary. Although I couldn't see behind me, I'm fairly sure I was offside by half a yard on the second goal, which was enough to block out the nearest defender and walk in. I think it may have been a compensation call by the ref, though, since he called me back a couple of minutes earlier when I was on a clear breakaway from midfield, with a defender on the other side of the pitch keeping me onside by 3-4 yards. I think the ref must have realized the error immediately after the whistle when I pointed across to the other side of the pitch, but you can't take those things back. I felt the officiating left a bit to be desired, and both sides can feel hard done by on a few occasions.
C-Men fought hard to the end, though, and we had a lot of trouble getting out of our end in the second half. The arrival of their very skilled central midfielder at halftime made a big difference, and he set up their goal, as well. It definitely set up a more nervy finish than I expected when we were 2-0 up, and the scoreline is probably a fairly accurate representation of the game.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I felt the officiating left a bit to be desired, and both sides can feel hard done by on a few occasions.

You're right, and you can't rely on accurate offside calls from these refs. Without linesmen, playing the trap is risky so in hindsight we should have just kept goalside. Anyways, Yaletown deserved the win - congrats. On to the Knights next weekend, unless it snows....

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
polonia 4-1 aryana

we came out a little flat on saturday with aryana getting a chance on an open net that one of our players cleared off the line. after that it was all polonia as we went up 3-0 by half, and it looked like we would run away with it. second half we maintained most of the possession, but couldn't find the back of the net. their goal was on a breakaway that was at least 3 yards offside with about 10 mins. to go. their sideline procceeded to start trash talking about how it was 1-0 that half, and we immediately went down the field and scored. pretty funny stuff.
some interesting results this weekend, including kosova losing to bosna and primos tying wv. i thought that kosova would have ended up giving us more of a run than signmaster, but with their result this weekend it'll be us and signmaster battling it out. i also thought that primos would run the table this year with no losses or ties. they still got promotion so i'm sure they're more than happy with that. congrats to them.
any word on what's going on with cup? i heard that if they don't have time to play from the round of 16, that the three teams gaining promotion will automatically be entered into the provincial b tourney. dissappointing as we were looking forward to playing teams from other divisions. nothing has been posted on the website for a while. thoughts?

bukkakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0