Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Nov/Dec, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shows the Socceroos and PCOV game got abandoned .... what happened?

Roos played with 10....PCOV was up 2:0 after 20 minutes....50:50 ball between a Roos Forward and PCOV Goalie leads to the Roos having their guy send off.....Roos Coach calls out "Bullshit", game gets abandoned.
Not sure what plans the ref. had but he seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere quick. Maybe he wanted to watch the Patrick Roy Jersey retirement ceremony. I have never seen anything like it. The game wasn't overly rough at all. I will file a referee performance report, get completely ignored by the League and pay my $300 fine.
If we don't speak up against the sad sack refereeing in our league, nothing will ever change.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh 2 Wickham 2

Pretty good game out in Surrey yesterday, with two teams that don't deserve to be in Div 2 in my opinion. Wickham looked alot better this time around than last, and it made for a good game.

Early on they had pressure as the wind was against us and the sun was in our eyes. Our goalie made 2 key saves on one sequence that seemed to wake us up. The rest of the half was pretty even with both teams creating and missing chances. Half ends 0-0.

2nd half they had the wind and the sun in their eyes and knowing this we elevated our game. We applied pretty heavy pressure early on in the half and we get rewarded with a goal of a rush. After our goal we played quite well and the game seemed to be going well. Until they scored a goal reminisent to one that they scored in our first meeting. They get a free kick from about 45 yards out, on their sidleine. The player taking it was trying to cross it to the top of the 18 where everyone was, but he shanks it and it sails towards the net. Our keeper gets across to it, on a very routine looking play but slips and falls hard onto his back. We watched helplessly as the ball sailed into the net, 1-1 game.

After this point we were some what dejected and Wickham began to apply pressure. It took about 15 minutes for us to recover from this and weather the storm. After that we woke up and began to apply some pressure of our own, and get rewarded with a nice shot by our striker into the bottom corner of the net.

The game seems to be in control after this point, as we created many chances after that, including a botched empty net header from about 2 yards out. With 2 minutes left, we get a bit of a break again and our striker crosses it in where we had 2 guys go up for it. Their goalie grabs it, plays it out to a player who humps it up the park. Some of our guys get caught down field, and a scramble leads to their midfielder with the ball at the 25. He walks into about the 22 and takes a hard shot into the middle of the net. Our goalie slips and mis reads it abit again and leaves a rebound sitting there and their player beat our player to it, game ends 2-2.

We basically can't catch them now so that game stings quite a bit. We were missing some key guys, but I'm sure they were too so in the end it evens out.

The reffing was decent, but he was very reluctant to give out cards. Our goalie gets trampled on in the first half when the player had ZERO chance to get the ball, no foul, no card. Just talks to him. 2nd half our goalie gets run over by 2 of their guys while going up for a ball and again nothing. I thought people were supposed to go straight up for the ball, but I guess he was okay with people running him over (which isn't easy to do he's 6 '5'').

And that seemed to be the difference between the 2 teams. Their second goal both of our guys went straight up and didn't even come near their goalie. If it was them or any other experienced team, knowing that the ref allows it, should have ran their goalie so that the play could stop and they could get back. I hate to see things like that happen, but if one teams is allowed to, I don't see why our team didn't take advantage of that.

Anyway good luck to Wickham the rest of the way, and hopefully they do well when they get promoted into div 1.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo Smacked!

Nk 6 - Sarajevo 1 Only seen the second half of the game but saw 2 world class goals in the process!Beautiful Breakaway goal By Kenji and a spectacular cross by our midfield Tom onto the head of our supersub Limo who proceeded to bury the header from about 12 yards out ,top back corner and the thing looked like it was gonna come outta the back of the net!I think it was a group of men playing boys actually, would have loved to played but Bajic looked solid between the pipes!I just wanna know how soft they think we are now?No Mr.base sightings today but would love to read the postgame so I hope hes not frozen in a tree somewhere,Oh yeah we missed like 5 more opportunities and if we can learn to bury all our chances the sky is the limit with this team!

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 1:1 Yaletown FC

A somewhat muddy hillcrest park saw the game today.... Sikh Temple definitely didn't look like a first place team for long stretches. They scored a cracker off of a cross from almost half that landed on the head of their striker who slotted it in just inside the near post from 14 yards out. Beautiful goal. Other than that they didn't get too much going for the most part. YFC equalized on a free kick shot that the keeper forgot to save and instead just let it go through his legs. By the second half, Temple were down to hopeful attacking forays with 6-7 players, even then having little success. They were lucky YFC continued our scoring woes, and they didn't have the ref to bail them out calling any contact like our first match. Ref was decent, although he made his fair share of mistakes for both sides. ST were a good natured bunch, I wouldn't mind running into them during cup play at all.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base was there. Sarajevo is no match for NK. They have five or six guys that are over age out of shap. Thonly bright star are the two kids and Elvis. They need to add four salid players. To move that club forward. Kenji was the best. Supper young talent. Blondie just the same. Well done boys. Kicking but is fun. Injoy while you can. You see what the young legs do with two smart old guys.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 1:1 Yaletown FC

Sikh Temple definitely didn't look like a first place team for long stretches.

I agree, we had a horrible game. hands down the worst game we have played all season. We had 4 starters away(all forwards and mids) which forced us to play alot of guys out of position, including using defenceman as mids. This is only the second time this season we had to play with that many guys missing, and our guys just didn't adjust playing out of their regular spots.

Not taking anything away from Yaletown however, full credit to them, as they battled hard and used their size to their advantage and hustled alot. It was a fun game to play in.

Things were going good for us when we were up 1-0 but the goal that rolled in of a free kick between our goalies leg, a very easy stop that our keeper should have had, for some reason, just took the wind out of us and seemed to really ignite Yaletown. That was the TSN turning point of the game...

Hillcrest is a muddy mess. There are 3 games played there on Sunday, and a couple on Saturday, so it has taken a beating. Hard to knock the ball around when the field is so bumpy and muddy.

Good luck to Yaletown the rest of the way, I have a funny feeling that Div2A teams will do well in cup play.

Onto Unicorns on Dec 3, we should be back to full strength. On the bright side, we haven't lost in the last 10 games. Then again, the Unicorns haven't lost all season.

By the way, don't look now, but it looks like the Westside Knights are starting to come on strong as well and my make things interesting the second half of the season.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A in the cup?

The only way any teams will do well in the cup is if they dont run into NK or NKH in the cup, I think they are the two best teams goin in div.2!

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2A in the cup?

The only way any teams will do well in the cup is if they dont run into NK or NKH in the cup, I think they are the two best teams goin in div.2!

Temple, Wickham, Unicorns, Meraloma, Desmesh, UBC, Squamish ....all these teams will pose a threat to you.

As for groups, Div 2C is no slouch either. When a team like Shaheen is 6th, you know it's a tough group.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be joking right if you think Shaheen is a good side. They need three experianced players to hold shape. Guys run allover the place. That why they are sixth in the group. Gaps coast them. Squamish is a good side. Desmesh is good but lack in size againts HNK or NK. Merolma are fit cops. No skill. Unicorns need three more tough guys that can play. Temple lack shape in cup runs.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things were going good for us when we were up 1-0 but the goal that rolled in of a free kick between our goalies leg, a very easy stop that our keeper should have had, for some reason, just took the wind out of us and seemed to really ignite Yaletown. That was the TSN turning point of the game...

Hillcrest is a muddy mess. There are 3 games played there on Sunday, and a couple on Saturday, so it has taken a beating. Hard to knock the ball around when the field is so bumpy and muddy.

That goal was horrible..... I almost felt bad about it for a half second :rolleyes:

Hillcrest is pretty bad, but it's like pure heaven compared to David Lam. DL is so bad you can't get a decent shot off and it's anyone's guess as to where the ball is going to go. At least with the mud at Hillcrest you know you're about to fall down every time you turn. At DL you're apt to break an ankle at any moment.

Totally agree that it was a fun game, clean and hard fought. You guys certainly weren't the same team we played in the first match. As I said to your coach after the game, good luck the rest of the way.

the_monk9725

Oct 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be joking right if you think Shaheen is a good side. They need three experianced players to hold shape. Guys run allover the place. That why they are sixth in the group. Gaps coast them. Squamish is a good side. Desmesh is good but lack in size againts HNK or NK. Merolma are fit cops. No skill. Unicorns need three more tough guys that can play. Temple lack shape in cup runs.

I don't think your opinion counts for much. You talk so much shite and make so many predictions and are rarely, if ever, correct. I don't even know how you can even be as bold as to comment about the quality of 2C and what you perceive as those team's flaws. Do you even go to any Div 2C games? Go back to whatever tree or bush you hide in.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of David Lam...played there yesterday and it is unplayable. Beyond the safety issue you can not even control a pass or even try to string 2-3 passes together. Makes for a joke of a game. Our ref told us he fills in a report after every game played there to let the league know it's unplayable. Nothing happens. Pity the teams calling it their home field...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, guess I shouldn't complain about Hillcrest after the reviews David Lam is getting. As ballkicker said, Hillcrest it is muddy and bumpy, but no real safety concerns.

David Lam seems pretty bad from what I have heard as well. I remember 7-8 years ago it was actually a decent field. Guess the city has just let it go.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If you were talking about Shaheen last year I would agree. This year they resemble the team they had in Div 1 very closely.

Also take note that they have taken points from the top 4 teams in the group. Their only problem is discipline, but I'm quite sure that they could take out a top team come cup play.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re David Lam:

Would be nice if the CoV could stop the idjits who use it for an off-leash dog park, as well as letting Fido and Rover dig for dinosaur bones at midfield...:rolleyes:

This was one of the fields that the much-touted "sand cell and deep tine" practice was worked on. I think there's so much sand under the field that the grass can't root anymore, so the topsoil that you see turning to mud is it.

Parking is gawdawful there too.

Really, the only thing this field has going for it is the local scenery. A sunny weekend in September there provides a lot of distractions from what's trying to happen onfield...:D

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, the only thing this field has going for it is the local scenery. A sunny weekend in September there provides a lot of distractions from what's trying to happen onfield...:D
Trece

C'mon Trece, there is plenty of scenery at Manoh Steves during Spring and Summer Soccer.....that is if you can see past all the mosquitos..:D

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of David Lam...played there yesterday and it is unplayable. Beyond the safety issue you can not even control a pass or even try to string 2-3 passes together. Makes for a joke of a game. Our ref told us he fills in a report after every game played there to let the league know it's unplayable. Nothing happens. Pity the teams calling it their home field...
A 2-1 result? How many of those goals were scored from within the 6-yard box.....

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We would spank Shaheen!

We took them to school in the preseason with like 9 guys and no goalie!Im standing by my predictions of either us or NKH winning the cup!Have fun trying to prove me wrong!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 3 Alemania 0

We had 13 guys they had 12 guys it was a great day too bad both teams couldn't get out their respective full teams as it was a good day for the footy. Not much to really report as Alemania could not find the net on most of their chances and it took us till the 2nd half to start finding the net for ours. Good play both ways by both teams ref was a bit confusing sometimes with the calls but you have to expect that now in the div 2 ranks. Gurps thanks for the surprise sneek props although we have been here all along it'll finally be nice when we can get our starting 11 to all show up on the same day and get a good Knights game in. On to next week and Aryana

cheers , the rattler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0