Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino B 3 - 0 Vancouver Stars

Not too much to say really. Pretty easy game with us pressuring most of the match and them having the odd counter.

Some surprising scores in the other games lead to a real shake up at the top of the 2CAT A table...

Wickham FC "B" 1-2 Lobbans SC "B"

Punjab Hurricanes "B" 1-1 Surrey United "C"

and the most shocking...
Burnaby Fury "B" 1-0 Club Ireland Hibs

By my calculations that puts us tied for first with Slurrey at 15 pts :wa:

would like to hear some match reports from these other games...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City Rangers FC 5 - Croatia 2

Not sure how these guys have no points yet as they seemed better than a couple of the teams we have already played but who knows.

Clinton Park makes Beach Grove look great. Ruts and donuts from a car or truck all over it.

We scored 10 in on a defensive miscue to go up 1-0. We gave that back on the same thing 5 minutes later. Got 2 quick ones about 30-35 minutes in on some nice wide play with decent service into the middle and some finishing but our forward. Game was chippy at thispoint as there were some mistimed tackles on both sides as well as excessive whine from both sides.

2nd half starts and they have picked it up and are playing better and we have our usual shite start. there 2nd comes off a mince bouncing cross that is missed by 2 of our defenders, 2 of their forwards and falls to their man at the back post. he mishits it but as i am falling over at this point my hand on it can do little but change the direction it hits the net at. We quickly responded with a goal after their keeper somehow misplays one that ends up on our forwards foot on the 6 with noone within 5 yards of him.

They have a guy sent off minutes later for something i wasn't sure of as i was busy checking out the chick walking behind the goal. She was about a 7.5/10 and had an excellent sashaying walk that i quite liked. Ball is played into the box and as our defender and their forward are fighting for it our mid comes in a lays nice little hip check that knocks both of them over and earns the Croats a peno. I guess right and stop the shot. They have one more nice shot a few minutes later that i saw late but got to but that was it for their chances. 5 minutes from he end scuffle in their box, some yellows and a red were handed out and then one of our guys mouthed off and got his second yellow for his red/ We score a minute from he end on a shot that hit crossbar and bounced in of the keeper.

back to the friendly confines of Beach grove next weekend and Persepolis.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoops Ran into the actually character of the burnaby fury, stoic defense, still burnaby had the better chances( on the counter ) and finishing. I do believe this is not shocking but a return to the true character of the club. Deutschland uber alles!!!

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the first half of RUFC vs Norvan. The boys only had 11 but fought hard keep Norvan outa the game. Hat trick for Warren and 2 for Belfour. After that shite show with westside this one was more fun to watch. Much more disiplined from the boys in black. Agood weekend for the club!

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene;

Not exactly stoic defending by your squad that won the game.On the day if you had put 4 pylons out there we still wouldn't have scored.

Our very worst game of the season.

The only thing worse than our attacking play was the glorified baseball diamond that we had to play on. What a fcuking joke.

The only good things to report were the referee who did an excellent job and the fact that we took 3 points off your squad on Sunday[in the game that mattered most]

Sidewinder.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside FC Rino 'B' 6 - 0 Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 'B'

Everything is clicking for us right now. Looking forward to a more competitive game against Wickham next weekend...

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder said:
Rene;

Not exactly stoic defending by your squad that won the game.On the day if you had put 4 pylons out there we still wouldn't have scored.

Our very worst game of the season.

The only thing worse than our attacking play was the glorified baseball diamond that we had to play on. What a fcuking joke.

The only good things to report were the referee who did an excellent job and the fact that we took 3 points off your squad on Sunday[in the game that mattered most]

Sidewinder.

Sure take all the credit for the fact we won in the cat game! Unfortunatly you did win the game that mattered most, I'll be there next time I guarentee ( I spelt that wrong didn't I ) a different outcome!!! As for the pitch not the best, but today I played on worse one guy from the other team blew his knee out taking a shot!!! Close David Lamb kids before there are more casualties!!! Yes, today a great performance by the undermaned cat team we played 7 vs. 13 lost 4 nil but it didn;t do justice to the spirit of the team knackered from pressing mid way threw the second half we let in three horrendous goals. Had we only taken our chances, and there we're 3 clear cut but if's don't get you anywhere.... See you out there Sidewinder Don't forget my promise!!!

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene said:
Sure take all the credit for the fact we won in the cat game! Unfortunatly you did win the game that mattered most, I'll be there next time I guarentee ( I spelt that wrong didn't I ) a different outcome!!! As for the pitch not the best, but today I played on worse one guy from the other team blew his knee out taking a shot!!! Close David Lamb kids before there are more casualties!!! Yes, today a great performance by the undermaned cat team we played 7 vs. 13 lost 4 nil but it didn;t do justice to the spirit of the team knackered from pressing mid way threw the second half we let in three horrendous goals. Had we only taken our chances, and there we're 3 clear cut but if's don't get you anywhere.... See you out there Sidewinder Don't forget my promise!!!

I think maybe you're half cut with your game report!!:rolleyes:

BB

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene said:
As for the pitch not the best, but today I played on worse one guy from the other team blew his knee out taking a shot!!! Close David Lamb kids before there are more casualties!!!

Agreed.

David Lamb takes a beating every week. (IMO) Five games in two days is just too much for a poorly maintained playing surface.

Part of the problem is the amount of small, but deep, Dog created holes. This may (or maybe it was just his time) have played a part in one of the Lobban's players damaging his knee. :(

Would Lobban's (cat) Rather go back to Clinton pk? Probably not.

Billy Boy

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 'C' 2 - Wickham FC 'B' 0

This was a great game to play. It was pretty wide open lots of room to move and some pretty good chances down at both ends of the park. Surrey scored a goal in each half and with another great defensive effort and a couple of big saves from our goalie we were able to get the shutout.

Really looking forward to our next match against Westside Rino. If we had a MOTW thread that would get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0