Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter January, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] January, 2006 Forum

Dapotayto said:
A little late but nevertheless here is January's CAT thread. Enjoy.

OK Dap,

Nice talking to you the other week. Hope you will be playing again soon.

Happy New Year to all. Looking forward to some tough rematches starting with Olympics B :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] January, 2006 Forum

100% chance of Beach Grove being in perfect playing conditions this weekend.

It may be actually closed this weekend for the first time ever.

Ok, maybe not.

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino et al will be happy to hear...

WFC Rangers B 1 : 1 Richmond United B

Still workin' off that Christmas turkey.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to some tough rematches starting with Olympics B :rolleyes:

Here I was thinking you were being sarcastic, but it looks like you barely beat them 1-0. Oh, I'm sure you were all over them and the score doesn't reflect your dominance, etc.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
Here I was thinking you were being sarcastic, but it looks like you barely beat them 1-0. Oh, I'm sure you were all over them and the score doesn't reflect your dominance, etc.

We scored in about the 4th minute on an own goal. Other than that not much to say. The wateron top of the one 18 yard box was difficult to contend with and their keeper had a pretty good game. We weren't good but we were good enough. We had chances but couldn't put them away and our failure to score a second gave then heart and they controlled portions of play in the second half. They had one shot off the crossbar but other than that no real glorious chances as our defenders held firm and got the ball into their end and the big puddle. :D

A win is a win, no matter how poorly we played and we can take it and move on. It looks like with rain forecast all week only turf games will be a go so a chance to watch some playoff football.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After giving up a strong performance last week to end in a tie, RUFC go in to this weekend with higher hopes for a win.
Predictions for the rainout this weekend are as such:

Sikh Temple GFC
City FC Rangers "B"

Temple comes around to live up to the hype provided by Gurps and wins this one by two 4-2. (Too bad it's not at Beach Grove cause those games seem to always get played.)

WFC Rangers "B"
Wickham FC "B"

I call that the game will be cancelled but just in case, WFC take the game 3-0.

Club Ireland Hibs
Bombastic SC Classic

The Bomb boys drop another due to lack of starters (and club I's not half bad) 2-1

Lobban's SC "B"
Westside Rino "C"

No contest as the Rino's keep rolling.
4-1.

Vancouver Olympics "B"
Richmond United "B"

I hope we win but just in case.....4-0 for the men in black!

Good luck to all and enjoy the football!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's face it. The only games being played this weekend are on turf or whichever league schedules games for Beach Grove. I can't believe that Vancouver will open up the fields after a weeks worth of rain and not opening up last week.

They need to cancel soon as i want to get down to Seattle to watch the Hawks game and i need to give my cousin some notice that i am taking his extra seat before he sells it on my ass.

Also, how do you get someone onto an a form from a B form for the cup. apparently we have no goalies signed on A forms and i think it would be a nice idea to have one of us in goal when we get clobbered by a premier team. :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any Richmond guys out there, Chances of the game at King george being a go for this weekend.?

Good, bad or doubtful.

Need to let a buncdh of guys know soon as we have an A game afterwards in burnaby and lots of people working or hurt right now. I need to put enough guys in each place to field teams with subs.

Cheers.

Army

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya Blaze there is a chance we may be playing. Richmond sometimes stays open when Vancouver shuts their fields down. I hope everything stays open so I can see the results from WFC and the Rino's.
Do we bother with predictions or is it once again a lost cause?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the weather report I saw yesterday on Wayne's Weather Window, I'm thinking this weekend will be another lost cause.

Rain, rain, go away...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am looking for the cancellation.

Although if anyone wants they can use Beach Grove at sunday's at 2pm anytime they want.

It hasn't closed sine the Kwik-E-mart opened.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics 'B' 0 : 5 Wickham 'B'

Good game, not too much to say... Olympics started with 9 players and held Wickham off the scoreboard for a while, but Wickham were patient and buried their chances. Olympics had 11 players to start the 2nd half, but were already trailing 3-0 and pressed to make it a closer game, but instead allowed 2 more. Both teams hit a few posts as well. Overall a good clean match and Wickham 'B' are a nicest, classiest groups of guys in the division.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 - RUFC 1

Bit of a shite show this game. The refereeing was diabolical with a ball hitting the netting and being called not over the line and a couple of blatant fouls not called but with no touchers being called. Fair Result. We started the stronger of the 2 teams and could have been up 4 or 5 early if we were able to hit the net. Their goalie was looking sketchy early dropping balls and generally making amess of a few crosses. the non-goal we scored seemed to deflate us and Richmond started to take it to us. Richmond scored the first of the game and we battled back late to get the draw. Both teams with numerous bed shittings in front of goal but the pitch was pretty bumpy and we'll both blame it on that. :D

We also had 24 guys try to dress for the game as our Div 1 game was cancelled so they could play a premier game on the turf at Burnaby. I stayed as far as possible from the guys so i didn't have to hear the whining from people about getting in.
It worked in the first half but not the second. Left the Div 1 guys to drink beer on the sidelines other then the guy who took work off for the day to play.

Onto whoever the hell we play next whenever the fields are ready. :D

RIno's i think. I'm sure they want some revenge from their only loss of the year.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way....

Westside Rino C 1 : 1 WFC Rangers B

One PK a piece.

Same start as recent games -- we start out slow and absorb the pressure, but let it result in a shitty PK for Rino. Not a shitty call, but just a lousy shot. I, expecting better, guessed and wasted an opportunity at an easy stop.

Second half is better -- for the Rangers and the spectators. Another PK to tie things up brings out all sort of emotion as you could really see both teams wanting the win. One horrible give away by yours truely went unconverted and a goal-line save by a Rino defender prevented either team from taking the 3 points.

Nothing was resolved, and it seems our final meeting may decide the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0