Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 CAT] 2006/7 PreSeason Rumors-Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has not been any official release from the excellent site about who all will be playing in Div 2 CAT but feel free to ramble on in here...

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As published in the DIV 2 thread the Roos have recruited a bad new bears group of drunkards and hooligans to play in CAT 2. On a serious note we have many metro players but from 15 yeras ago. Could be interesting.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like there's only 19 teams in 2CAT

What happened to all the clubs who claimed they were starting up a CAT team this year? Yaletown? Alemania?

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody have any thoughts on which side of Cat is stronger? I notice new teams on the B side, but not familiar with them.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CAT league can be a crapshoot depending on if club's club players are getting a run in for their CAT team. We played teasm last year that were completely different from the first time we played them to the second.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC Classic now moved on to Masters to begin our quest to gain Div 1 status before we turn 50;) . New teams have to start in Div 3 no matter what it seems.

With the question of which side of CAT is stronger the most likely side will be CAT A. The league have adopted a system in which they bring the strongest teams from CAT 2B over to A each year and take the Bottom teams and move them to CAT 2B. With the ever changing lineups in CAT and new teams coming on board each year this does not always mean A is the toughest but usually does.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure about your reasoning there. The CAT A is for the div 1 teams with cat teams and they fill it with what they need from Side B

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I am not sure about your reasoning there. The CAT A is for the div 1 teams with cat teams and they fill it with what they need from Side B
Case in point, they split Westside FC Rino from Westside FC C (WFC Rangers B, last year). They finished 1-2 last year, and yet are in different groups this year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Case in point, they split Westside FC Rino from Westside FC C (WFC Rangers B, last year). They finished 1-2 last year, and yet are in different groups this year.

Maybe they were worried that we would collude to make sure a Westside team won the group :rolleyes:

Assuming you keep the same team intact as last year, I predict you guys will piss all over the other teams in the B-side, while we'll be in a dogfight with Surrey and Richmond over on the A-side.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:

I forgot to add that part. But they move the best of the B side over to make the stronger group. Rangers over to B is contrary to this process so I guess it is like I before E except after C or if league sees fit. Anyway this is how it was explained to me by league office. They do prefer to seperate Clubs with two teams so this is most likely the case with Westside Rangers B.....adn they will piss on everyone on the B side.

hellenic maga

May 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics C are returning just 3 or 4 players. They have a decent team that won 2-0 on the weekend vs a weak Croatia side. They should be much more competitive this season as they have a number of quality players at the div 2 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0