Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the final time this season there is a full slate of games in Division 1. While things have seemingly been decided for weeks, the math just hasn't materialized and, in fact, nothing is actually official yet. Perhaps we will finally have some answers after this weekend!

Baseless Predictions for Div. 1 as follows:

South Delta v Campo
SD have three more chances to stay in the division and they'll need at least one point to force a playoff (depending how Metro do against Romania that could change to 4 points), so not the week that you want to see Campo on the schedule. The Div. 2 upstarts are in the thick of an unprecedented promotion push that could see them buck the trend of teams failing to achieve back to back promotions. Many have come close only to finish third or below (Shaheen and Ayjal come to mind) in their debut season, but, with results continuing to go their way, Campo may break the mold. Campo will need help top go up, but certainly dropping points to the league's bottom team isn't part of the equation if they want stay in the promotion race right to the end. SD will be desperate of course and this definitely won't be an easy game for Campo, but I have to expect they come away with the points.

Rino's Tigers v CCB
Two weeks ago the Tigers were all but coronated as Champions and granted the promotion spot that they would be entitled to, having finished atop the table. Since then they have not picked up a point and Campo are charging hard. The Tigers are now down to their final match of the year and could conceivabley still be in this division next season in they leave the field empty handed. Fortunately NorVan have been equally floundering in their results, which means that, after all this, a win would still see them confirmed as Champions and a draw would be enough to guarantee promotion and a chance to play off for the title. Guildford are once more on life support in their promotion charge. They'll need losses by Campo and NorVan in order to go up next season, but, more than that, they need points. Three this weekend would go a long way to keeping them in the hunt, but their rather indifferent form since the snow melted doesn't exactly inspire confidence. True, they have won two on the spin and did hand the Tigers a beat down to the tune of 4-1 back in October, so if there was ever a time to back the Surrey boys this might be it. Guildford will have seen Campo's result by kick off on Saturday and, if Campo have been victorious, this game will officially be a must-win. Rino's have backed themselves into a corner however and, like a wounded animal, I expect them to fight for their lives. Surely they have zero interest in watching the last few games on the schedule, powerless, while they lurk on the precipice of arguably the most embarrassing collapse in VMSL history. This one is the MOTW and I back Tigers to stamp their authority on it.

Rino's Vancouver v GN Sporting
Another season on the horizon for the Rino's foundation team as the curtain drops on this year's campaign. GN need three points to ensure their return to Div. 1 does not end in a surprise, last minute relegation. Rino's are rolling at the moment having won 4 of their last 5, though these games are largely meaningless. This one is as well, quite frankly, as, even though they could use the points, GN are not desperate with a pair of games still to follow. GN on the road might not be up for it, especially given that, if results go their way this weekend, they've already done enough to stay up. Expect the rallying cry to go out in coming weeks if necessary, but I cannot see GN being too desperate this weekend. Expect Rino's to take advantage of the Surrey crew's a lack of urgency at home.

NorVan v Bingers
NorVan is out of freebies. A loss to Rino's at home last weekend means that, if the North Shore boys plan to return to Premier next season, they will need to win out or else rely upon those around them failing. Bingers is never the team you want to see on the fixture list when you are desperately looking to pick up points during a promotion fight. The Army will get up for any game, regardless of whether or not they need it for their personal standing or not, so don't expect a walk in the park just because Bingers are already guaranteed of another Division 1 season next year. These veterans are also usually good for throwing a wrench into the title race annually. That being said, the Army are aging and perhaps, at the end of a long season, Bingers might just have one eye on casual Thursday nights in the RRSL sunshine rather than trekking out to the North Shore for yet another league fixture in the season that never ends. Certainly their 3-0 beat down at the hands of Rino's in mid-week might indicate something of this ilk. Add this to a desperate NorVan team and I have to think the North Shore lads will have enough to bank the points that they so desperately require.

Metropolitan v Romania
Well, Students have given themselves a chance at the Houdini act. They've put the pressure on South Delta, though the odds are surely in the Tsawwassen boys favour still, needing just a solitary point from their final three games to at least force a playoff. Hence, three more points in their final match of the campaign would go a long way to actually having a legitimate survival chance. Romania need just a draw in this one to guarantee another campaign, but they too have additional matches on which they can rely for points. Metro beat Tigers when no one thought it was possible so logic would dictate that they've got more than a chance against Romania. The Romanians have risen to the occasion multiple times this season though, so tough to count them out. My gut says this one ends in a draw, but I'm going to pick Metro because I think they have to be able to find another gear just one last time.
nothing more exciting then a relegation battle. I recall the must win games in the early part of the century at hilcrest. Would love to see relegation in north american sports. The canucks would sell the areana out still

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like @ref44 is really determined to get his way. A huge campaign of emails and phone calls may have actually convinced the board to review the decision to only relegate 1 team from Div 1 this season.

If I was SD/Metro/GN/Romania, I'd be making damn sure to get maximum points from these remaining games! I think if it switched to 2 down even @big gk and Binger's Army would no longer be safe...

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha love the idea of some relegation excitment. Nothing geta the blood going like a must win fixture

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 1 Campo 0 I'm told...

Excellent site confirms.

Wow. What a result!

First off, besides being an absolute God send for SD, it's all but a death blow for Students who are now officially in must win territory against Romania on Sunday. It's also a complete back breaker for Campo as they've handed NorVan another get out of jail free card. It also extends a life line to CCB who now have a chance to take control of the promotion race with a win over NorVan. Finally, it officially promotes Rino's Tigers who were evidently doing their level best to try and make things as difficult as possible for themselves.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alex actually wasn't there, and campo by no means had any right to win, we had more chances and matched up evenly campo just wanted to spray long balls over the top which didn't work at any point in the game. Royals outplayed campo simple as that

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who w
Alex actually wasn't there, and campo by no means had any right to win, we had more chances and matched up evenly campo just wanted to spray long balls over the top which didn't work at any point in the game. Royals outplayed campo simple as that

Who was your Goalie
Good win

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB turned up with only 10 guys. Unfortunate timing for them I suppose as it seems they've been relying on having U21s play up in Div 1, and their U21s were busy with the Cup Final today (which I heard they won... Congrats!)

It was 2-0 for Rino's Tigers before the wave re-enforcements made their way over to Van Tech, and 3-0 before they got an 11th man on the pitch.
4-0 at final, and I heard 6 or 7 final. A very strange end to the season, but in the end, I think the best team did win the league. Congrats to the coach and players of Rino's Tigers!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
This does not surprise me. I have not been coaching Campo for two weeks now. The style of play and score is the result of the new coach.

I will not give details of the various events that led to this decision.

I thought that you guys new, as I already received offers to coach other two teams.

I likely will take a break, but I might take one if the offer is appropriate.

It is not nice to deal with threats of violence, spitting, and other abuse when I am doing things to win the games. Yes, I can be very demanding of the players and if a player does not perform then he gets little time, but there is a line that I do not accept.

I do not regret that Campo lost as this things happen, but I regret that they did not play well. A friend confirmed this that essentially Royals played well and outplayed Campo and that Royals deserved to win.

I guess some people think that coaching is easy, but they really do not understand what takes to prepare a team to win a game.

I wish good luck to all the teams. Congratulations to the Fury.

I will miss you guys.

Take care.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch.

Details?

A coup of sorts?

This does not surprise me. I have not been coaching Campo for two weeks now. The style of play and score is the result of the new coach.

I will not give details of the various events that led to this decision.

I thought that you guys new, as I already received offers to coach other two teams.

I likely will take a break, but I might take one if the offer is appropriate.

It is not nice to deal with threats of violence, spitting, and other abuse when I am doing things to win the games. Yes, I can be very demanding of the players and if a player does not perform then he gets little time, but there is a line that I do not accept.

I do not regret that Campo lost as this things happen, but I regret that they did not play well. A friend confirmed this that essentially Royals played well and outplayed Campo and that Royals deserved to win.

I guess some people think that coaching is easy, but they really do not understand what takes to prepare a team to win a game.

I wish good luck to all the teams. Congratulations to the Fury.

I will miss you guys.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0