Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL 2007/08] Divisional Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like things are on the move in the VMSL for the upcoming season - the divisional setups are posted on the Excellent site, not sure how complete but here they are:

Premier A
AFC
ClanBus
Delta Metro Blaze
Inter
Sapp
Firemen
Trollups

Premier B
Croats
Indo
MetroFord
Norvan
Sporting
Slurrey United
Westside A

Div 1
Bingers
Capitals A
Hell Hath No Fury A
Cliff Ave
Club I
Fiji
Polonia
Peg
Primo
Idiots
Romania
Royal United
Sarajevo
SWE
Sikh Temple
Hurricanes
Lobbans
Olympics
Wickham
Westside Rino

Div 2 'A'
Aryana
Bombastic
Bosna
C-Lects FC (WTF?)
Cliff Ave
GN Sporting
Kosova
Muckerlomas
PCOV
Signmaster

Div 2 'B'
B United
Madame Cleo's
DP Rangers
Hellas No Fury Also
Alemania
NK Hrvat
PCOV Europa
PG Rangers
Shaheen
Unicorns!
WV Royals

Div 2 'C'
City FC Rangers
Semen United :eek:
Socceroos
Green Devils
Norvan JBs
Squamish
UBC Metrosexuals
Westside Knights
Yaletown FC

Div 3
Dexterity FC (WTF?)
IFC Z-something
Maplewood United
NS Reds
NorWest United
Sweaty FC
Vancouver Stars

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet. Road Trip to Squamish.

:rolleyes:

Hope they like Ladner at 9pm on a Friday Night

They don't look very complete as none of the groups has changed much since last year and there is a group of 11 and 1one of 9 in Div 2.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't think those are accurate for Div2 as the usual dispersement of teams in 3rd-5th is not reflected.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 2 grouping error (with the 10, 9, 11 teams) has now been corrected, and the dispersement of teams in 3rd-5th has been reflected.

Fileh

Jan 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello,

What is the correct Div 2 drawing. By this, it seems like we are sticking with the groups as last year and the only change are the new teams.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe there are enough new teams so it's not necessary to mix the groups too much?

Any predictions for Div 2?

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anybody has noticed but Div 1 is now split into two sides, and I'm guessing that the winners will be playing a showdown some time in the spring..... Div A looks weaker, Peg and Royal aka Akal..... contenders in red..

DIVISION 1 'A':
• Burnaby Canadians ‘A’ –
• Burnaby Fury 'A' –
Pegasus FC 'A' –
• Primo FC –
• Romania FC 'A' --
Royal United --
• Serbian White Eagles –
• Sikh Temple –
• Wickham FC 'A' –
• Westside FC Rino ‘A’ –

DIVISION 1 'B':
• Binger’s Army SC –
Cliff Avenue United
Club Ireland 'A' –
• Fiji FC – IFC Polonia –
• Richmond United ‘A’ –
• Sarajevo FC –
Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 'A'
• Vancouver Lobbans
Vancouver Olympics

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be interesting for Peg this year... they did so well last without a coach really (I think) and now that Reedy is at the helm they are going straight to hell :D

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anybody has noticed but Div 1 is now split into two sides, and I'm guessing that the winners will be playing a showdown some time in the spring..... Div A looks weaker, Peg and Royal aka Akal..... contenders in red..

any idea on why there is 2 sides? I thought that virtually all Div.1 teams voted on having one side with the top team moving up. I wonder if any teams would have not voted that way if they knew there would be two different sides with group winners playing each other to determine who moves up. I personally think the best thing the VMSL was going to do in years was to have 1 side which would have made every game a play-off game and lots of good derbys with promotion going down to the last week or so with a few teams in the hunt. But I guess the 2 play-off winners will be decided in and around Oct/Nov as usual.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

DIVISION 1 'A':
• Burnaby Canadians ‘A’ –
• Burnaby Fury 'A' –
Pegasus FC 'A' –
• Primo FC –
• Romania FC 'A' --
Royal United --
• Serbian White Eagles –
• Sikh Temple –
• Wickham FC 'A' –
• Westside FC Rino ‘A’ –

DIVISION 1 'B':
• Binger’s Army SC –
Cliff Avenue United
Club Ireland 'A' –
• Fiji FC – IFC Polonia –
• Richmond United ‘A’ –
• Sarajevo FC –
Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 'A'
• Vancouver Lobbans
Vancouver Olympics

Cliff as a contender to win the division? They had to play a relegation playoff last year.... Do you know something about their off-season that the rest of us don't?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
any idea on why there is 2 sides? I thought that virtually all Div.1 teams voted on having one side with the top team moving up. I wonder if any teams would have not voted that way if they knew there would be two different sides with group winners playing each other to determine who moves up. I personally think the best thing the VMSL was going to do in years was to have 1 side which would have made every game a play-off game and lots of good derbys with promotion going down to the last week or so with a few teams in the hunt. But I guess the 2 play-off winners will be decided in and around Oct/Nov as usual.

Wazzi requested we go back to 2 separate divs to ease scheduling. The Div 1 teams got to vote on it.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff as a contender to win the division? They had to play a relegation playoff last year.... Do you know something about their off-season that the rest of us don't?

I'm just going off of what I herd their team will look like......... could have some members for the Burnaby Royals, team that won a Nationals at the youth level, and a few college players..... and supposedly have a new coach.. but you do have a point..... those were just my picks, come back next April and we'll see how I did....

My final prediction is : Hurricanes vs Peg in the Final..... (remember these are preseason picks)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cliff ave were much better than their record... they had 3 points deducted for use of an ineligible player. not a team to be taken lightly.

watch out for serbia in side A... dark horse pick.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a good thing the special committee realigned the VMSL, recognizing that Div 2 teams going up to Div 1 are always just being bumped back down to Div 2 after getting their ass whipped everygame in Div1. Oh wait, Punjab Hurricanes are leading Div 1 for 2 straight years , Binger's Army seem quite happy in Div 1. New Div 1 teams Primo, Polonia, and Romania, Burnaby Fury are all in the upper half of Div 1.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a good thing the special committee realigned the VMSL, recognizing that Div 2 teams going up to Div 1 are always just being bumped back down to Div 2 after getting their ass whipped everygame in Div1. Oh wait, Punjab Hurricanes are leading Div 1 for 2 straight years , Binger's Army seem quite happy in Div 1. New Div 1 teams Primo, Polonia, and Romania, Burnaby Fury are all in the upper half of Div 1.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the div 2 teams going up.
it was all about the Premier division and everything else was a trickle down effect. Div 1 will be a lot stronger next year. 4 teams getting relegated and only 2 div 2 teams getting promoted.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 2 thing was part of the explanation I received from a committee member and the meetings. Also, when I looked at the standings of the Premier Division from last year, my recollection is that all teams were competetive, going by the goals against and for; maybe one team was a bit skewed but not that bad. I think the whole thing was pointless and waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0