Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps FC partner with Delta School District on youth development

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was just announced.

Does this mean Captain Shamrock is now working under Bobaduzzi?

:D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have been. There was supposed to be a girls academy at our school (SDSS) but some of the closeminded mothers on the school planning council thought it would have been "elitist". It will probably go ahead next year. As for the other partnership, there will be a boys academy at Delview and the Whitecaps prospects who I believe used to go to Burnaby Central will now go to North Delta. I'm guessing that this has all been done with the hopes that the municipality of Delta will allow the Whitecaps to build their practice facility at John Oliver Park which will have something like 8 fields, half turf, half grass.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont get it. Wasn't it just a few years back that they started a partnership with the Burnaby School District?

And as for practice facilities, they just funded the construction of a couple turf feilds up at sfu, I dont know why they would give those up.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They also signed partnerships with I believe the Kelowna school district and somewhere on the island to promote Whitecaps academies. They have been shopping for land in the valley to build a large practice centre and if I can remember both Surrey and Langley turned them down, Delta on the other hand is shockingly receptive to the idea.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Jeez, let's see how many fingers we can put in the pies :rolleyes:

Are the whitecaps gonna call this the Whitecaps PASS program?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0