Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP TV] Up Front LIVE Webcast June 26th

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Webcast #11 LIVE June 26 @ 9:00PM Pacific

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

Join the Up Front crew tonight for our 11th show!

Lots to fit into the show tonight including:
  • World Cup review so far
  • Live phone interview with Bob Lilley - current head coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps
  • Taped interview with Bill Currie, lead organizer behind http://www.friendsofsoccer.org - a 'grassroots effort in getting support for the downtown stadium which Vancouver city council votes on tomorrow evening
  • Taped interview with Paul Peschisolido who was at the England/Ecuador WC match yesterday and will give his thoughts on the recent opening of the Canadian Mens National Team and Toronto FC
Your support is greatly appreciated - tune in, pick up the phone, and get involved!

The taped interviews will be happening today before Noon pacific so if you would like to put forth a question/comment for either Bill or Paul, please email live@takethepiss.com and we'll see what we can do!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Attachments

• _39225703_peschisolido_get200x245.jpg
    _39225703_peschisolido_get200x245.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 116

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Follow up on last nights' Up Front.
CKNW said:
Soccer stadium on Council agenda tonight
Jun, 27 2006 - 2:30 AM

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - On the eve of the Vancouver City Council meeting, which will determine whether the Whitecaps can continue to pursue their vision of building a waterfront stadium, the results from a new Mustel Survey finds that the majority of businesses and residents in the immediate vicinity are in favour of the proposed stadium.
That would involve Gastown merchants, residents of the downtown eastside and parts of Chinatown.

Whitecaps Director of Soccer Operations, Bob Lenarduzzi, says the poll is significant because it accurately reflects the true opinion of local residents and businesses regarding the proposed stadium.

He says the soccer club strongly believes this location, north of Gastown and next to the transit hub, is the right place for a stadium.

The Mustel Survey is consistent with other earlier surveys on the matter.

Tonight at 7:30, Vancouver City Council will hold a special meeting to decide on a direction for the proposed Waterfront Stadium.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, I totally forgot about last night...one I wanted in on, too. I was even home.

How'd it go? (Any chance of some TTP tokens buying an archive?)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
If there were 20 speakers last night, 19 were against the stadium. Aurthur Erikson (sp?) was the last speaker and to be honest, struggled to make a point.

There are 80 people registered to speak and I don't think they even got to the half-way point so the meeting continues on Thursday night @ 7:30 (it will be streamed as well).

Note that these meetings are archived and I think last night's meeting should be available today:

http://vancouver.ca/ctyclerk/councilmeetings/video.cfm

Cheers,

~Regs.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
First speaker I hear is referencing the southsiders website and how they poor-bash and gay-bash... fcuking idiots, didn't I say they were doing more harm than good? :mad:
That catch by the opposition is at 55min if anyone wants to tune in, Morbital? Acutally, I don't think he needs to hear it again, as I saw on the morning news that he attended in person. I wonder how that egg to face felt?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last speaker was teh best... i only caught the last 20.... but this guy was on fire!!! Had no point to his speech at all..... he didn't even know what buildings he was talking about....

They created a ugly building down there.... ummm can't think of the name.... BC Place?? No not bc place..... wall center??? no not wall center either... that other big place..... turned out that he was talking about the paramount movie theatres....

this guy is stuck in the year 1914.... needs to get out of it. Times have changed buddy...

Southsiders need to change there identity....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
BJB,

That last speaker is the infamous architect behind SFU :D

Damn, i need to brush up on my architects.... :rolleyes: I do deal with them every day.

Not much talk around the hall.... No behind the scenes stuff.... but if i do hear anything i will let you all know... ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First speaker tonight talks of a Whitecaps Supporters 'blog' and their homophobic and poor-bashing.

:mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0