Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup

Who will win the Pak cup?

• Surrey City Peg

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Townsend Park

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak Draw

The draw has been done:

Group A)Townsend Park, GN Sport, Surrey United
Group B)Surrey City Peg, Peach Arch, PoCo City Dominion
Group C) PoCo City United, Surrey Rangers, Delta Metro
Group D) Golden Ears, Alouette United, Aldergrove United

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pak Draw

Originally posted by Dalglish
The draw has been done:

I want to know what TP had to Pay to get their draw.

Each group does appear to be even. But why would you have the top 2 teams in the league play off against each other so early in the cup?:confused:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group B = group of death

Hey guys,

It looks to be pretty interesting in this year's Pak cup. As of right now, 3 of the top 4 teams in Premier are seeded in Group B.

Pretty random, eh?

Good luck Rangers!

Bollocks

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs. Allouette

How intense is this game going to be.:D Should be a great game whenever it is. Does each team in the group play each other once or twice?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pak Draw

Originally posted by Dalglish
The draw has been done:

When is the first round of games?

May be too early to predict but I am going to do it anyway picking the teams that will advance to the next round

A - TP and GN, SU to finish their poor season early
B - PA and PoCo, uphill battle for SC playing top two teams, SC in past has not done well against PoCo but have done very well against PA
C - PoCo and Delta, Rangers time has come and gone
D - GE and ALU, Can Aldergrove upset GEU this time around? Think not.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nay

C - PoCo and Delta, Rangers time has come and gone

Skytrain has a better chance of scorring in a midget girls soccer game than the Rangers not advancing through this group. Rangers to repeat.

Also, Peg can put together a game plan to upset one of those two teams. Combined with strong defense, I say they go through too.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nay

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Skytrain has a better chance of scorring in a midget girls soccer game than the Rangers not advancing through this group. Rangers to repeat.

Also, Peg can put together a game plan to upset one of those two teams. Combined with strong defense, I say they go through too.

Dude,

Two unlikely decisions.

1. Skytrain has trouble scoring standing on the six without a goalie. :rolleyes:

2. Rangers will lose to Delta. The battle in group C will be between PoCo and Rangers to see which team advances. Rangers do have the advantage but don't count out United if they show up to play the day of the match

3. Peg has game plans? I hope they find new book of game plans as the ones they have been using against these two teams has not worked. Strong defence? In the last two matches vs PoCo, they allowed 7 goals combined.

Really Dude, the two teams you have selected are underdogs. Best of luck to them, their going to need it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've been sticking forks in electrical outlets again.

NO WAY the Rangers are an underdog! United, on the other hand, are HUGE underdogs! shite, they haven't even proven to be dominant in Div. 1 yet. No disrespect. Rangers to go through with two wins and a combined score of 6-0.

I do agree Peg is the underdog in the "Group of Death". What I am saying is that they should be able to pull one win out of the hat. And, since they're from my club, I'll give them my vote of confidence. Not unlike you did for United. Also, just for the fun of it, I'll predict Dominion shits the bed as Pa and Peg advance.

Also, you're a jerk. :p

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peach Arch to win the Cup

The round robin will finish with the following teams qualifying:
Group A: Townsend and Surrey United(don't worry we'll beat GN)
Group B: Peach Arch and PoCo (no chance in hell for Peg)
Group C: Delta will win the group and the old boys will still qualify in second place
Group D: Alouette to win it, Aldergrove to come in second and theRob's sheepshaggers to run crying all the way to the barn.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Peach Arch to win the Cup

Originally posted by Liverpool=Champs
The round robin will finish with the following teams qualifying:
Group A: Townsend and Surrey United(don't worry we'll beat GN)
Group B: Peach Arch and PoCo (no chance in hell for Peg)
Group C: Delta will win the group and the old boys will still qualify in second place
Group D: Alouette to win it, Aldergrove to come in second and theRob's sheepshaggers to run crying all the way to the barn.

As you can clearly see with this on going nonsense of Liverboy, he actually believes his sorry excuse for a team called SU will advance and says that Peg has no chance in hell?

Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Nay

Originally posted by Skytrain

3. Peg has game plans? I hope they find new book of game plans as the ones they have been using against these two teams has not worked. Strong defence? In the last two matches vs PoCo, they allowed 7 goals combined.

Good point Skytrain, we did let up 7 goals against PoCo, 4 being in the first game of the season.
However, we did score the most goals against them, 3 out of 8. Just keep that in mind.

superfoxs

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
peg?

when did peg become a good team? this is a great time of the year, teams in the middle of the pack forget about the last 16 games, look at past defeats and gain confidence because they "didn't lose that badly" and everybody thinks they are going to win this tournament. remember guys, there is a reason your in 5th or 6th or 7th. anyway, it gives them something to look forward to i guess. peg, be realistic you don't have a hope in hell!!

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
[
NO WAY the Rangers are an underdog! United, on the other hand, are HUGE underdogs! shite, they haven't even proven to be dominant in Div. 1 yet. No disrespect. Rangers to go through with two wins and a combined score of 6-0.

Dude,

you will notice the games in hand that United have in Div.1 Also, I didn't notice your match report on the Storm United match a few weeks ago. Oh right, Storm lost, you seem to only give them reports when they have a favourable result. No disrespect by the way.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
superfoxs,

We can always let the statistics decide:

Code:
[color=blue]SC Pegasus[/color]
             GP  W  T  L  GF  GA  PTS 
1st Half      9  4  1  4  23  16  13
2nd Half      7  4  1  2  15  12  13

Although we have played two less games, we've already achieved the same results as the first half. Our goal this year was to build and create a strong team for the future. If we had won the league or if we do well in cup play then that is a bonus. We still have two games this season in which we hope to qualify for the BC's ... not bad for essentially a first year team. I think Sid and ALU can relate as they are in the same boat.

Bollocks

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak Predictions

Hey guys,

How about these predictions ->

A) 1-GN Sport, 2-Townsend Park, 3-SurreyU
B) no comment
C) 1-SC Rangers, 2-Delta Metro, 3-Poco City United
D) 1-ALU, 2-GEU, 3-Aldergrove

I really think GN Sport can beat both TP and SU in this year's pak. They are a quick young team with a couple strikers who can score. If their goalie plays as well as he can I believe they'll shock TP.

As for the guys discounting the Rangers, well ... come on get serious here. They are the best damn team in the Pak IMHO. Screw objectivity.

Bollocks

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is with all the negativity towards SC Peg? No one thinks we can do anything, no one thinks we have a hope in hell. I guess we should just curl up in a ball and surrender. Ya, that's what we'll do...........NOT!

I'll be laughing when we advance in the Pak and everybody's turning their heads in shock and saying "What?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0