Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Talking out my ASS [FVSL Premier Week 2] The weekend that was…

Should KNVB keeping digging a hole for himself?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the FVSL united unification everybody gets a point gold star warm fuzzy week one in the books or (UUEGAPGSWFW1) for those of you keeping score at home; week 2 of regular season play started off with a flurry. Unfortunately it wasn’t the goals, the results or the play being highlighted, but the cards and the ref's that gave the 11 yellows and 3 reds getting all the TTP buzz. The suspensions are sure to total up in the months and fines sure to be in the thousands. Mrs. Mills new Kitchen would like to thank all who participated in advance.

ACBC 1 vs Poco Rangers 0 (6 yellow 1 red)

Friday night featured the talented, yet poorly dressed, ACBC vs. the physical Poco Rangers. A match played out at likely the worst turf pitch you need to pay money to get to, Gates. A speculative start for the boys in yellow, blue, white, purple, teal, pink and oranje kit as the opening kick off was thumped down the park and luckily, or unluckily depending on who you are, bouncing off the cross bar. A sigh of relief could be heard gushing from Manager Gablehouse all the way to the Prt. Moody Abby game a couple miles away. Either that or it was left over beans and weenies surprise night at the Mills residence.

The possession, as reported to me, was somewhat one sided for the boys in technicolor, but the finish, like the week previous vs Langley wasn’t there. Whether my ASS is blowing wind, (pause for laugh 2,3,4) or perhaps not enough credit is being given to physical defending and good goal keeping I’m not sure. Poco seemed to have, for time being at least it seems, shored up the back end (sould be minor chuckle here don’t pause) after a 1-6 preseason and having more balls put past them than… well, we’ve picked on poor Thomas enough for one night.

Diaz Kambere scored a beauty of goal from just outside the area after beating his defender at pace and placing the shot low iand n the corner. POCOs Keeper made 3 or 4 incredible saves to keep Poco in the game, I’m told. ACBC scored what seemed to be a second on the night off a goal mouth scramble, which was quickly overturned after the linesmen showed dirty pictures of the goal scorer and the referees wife. The goal was overruled by saying the player was offside. My Ass didn’t agree with that call, but never the less it didn’t effect the outcome of the game.

Port Moody 0 vs Abbotsford 0 (1 yellow)

The second match of the night played a couple miles down the road at the second worst park in that side of the bridge(s) Prt. Moody turf. This one ended in a rather lackluster draw. Although I didn’t here from my Ass this week, the play by play text transcript I got from the sidelines will have to suffice.

KNVB - Wanker, what’s the score?
ASS – Dunno, just got here. The chick at the beer store had amazing knockers.
KNVB – Aren’t you playing?
ASS – Yes
KNVB – FFS buzz me at half time and send me a picture of her
ASS – can’t already left.
ASS – zero’s at half. We’re way better just can’t score.
KNVB - how does Prt. Moody look
ASS – like abby only less shootings
KNVB – leave the jokes to me smart ass. How are they playing
ASS – meh. Got to go Crocker is having a moan
KNVB - you’re facking useless
KNVB – so is Crocker
ASS – game over 0-0. We were lucky to escape with a draw in the second half. We need players!

Let’s see Azzi big time that? :rolleyes:

PAU 3 vs North Delta 1 (no cards)

One of two Saturday fixtures featured PAU vs. North Delta Lions at South Surrey Athletic. Which by the way if it had grandstands or even a fence surrounding it would easily be the best grass pitch in BC. I would put it on par with Trinity, minus the swank box nets. Can I say box and trinity in the same sentence with-out going to hell? Deal with it bible thumpers.

The match started with, frankly, terrible play by both sides. Touches were off, vision was on par with the last FVSL referee evaluations and the play from kick off on both sides would be described as hectic for a good 20 minutes. From there PAU started to enjoy a little possession mid first half with some clever work from Taki Vahalis in the middle and the speedy Keegan Munn creating problems down the right. The opening goal in fact came from some hard work by Gareth Wilkshire who won a series of tackles with Vohalis jumping on one of the loose balls and in turn springing Munn down the right side who ended up delivering the perfect low drive cross to Hleucka 8 yards out who calmly took a touch and quickly deposited the ball off the bottom side of the cross bar and into the net. He called cross bar. I heard him.

From there the game and possession quickly turned PAU way as they seem to revel in their time on the ball creating some clever stuff that ND had to frantically turn away around their area. Half time comes and the same type of possession and play by PAU was still on. ND could do little more than muster a few hit and hopes causing the odd heart murmur for the PAU back line, until that is, a one of those balls skipped in behind the PAU back line forcing the defense to pull down ND striker Kevan Gaull in the area. Gaull stepped up and hammered home the PK to level the score. PAU continued to pressure coming close on a few occasions if it weren't for some stellar ND. goal keeping.

PAU Finally broke through for good when a Ryan Horvaths free kick bounced off the cross bar, then off the back of the keepers head and in for the go a-head goal. (I can't stop myself) I’m not sure why it’s listed as an OG and last checked Horvath was still moaning as of Tuesday and likely more to come onThursday too.

16 year old youth call up Danny Stevenson came on with 15mins to go and basically ran around like a chicken with his head cut off, but he did manage to jump on a loose ball in the box to finish the Lions off. “Danny was a real spark for us” said Coach Johnson. “We needed that boost of energy to hold off the late pressure being put on us”

“Oh and for the record I heard Hleucka call cross bar on his goal too or my name isn’t Chris Johnson.” That's a direct quote.

Chilliwack 3 vs Aldergrove 3 (1 red 3 yellows)

Did not hear from my ASS by post time… I certainly hope to pick up some ASS in Chilliwack this Friday.

Langley 7 vs GEU 1 (1 red 1 yellow)

After Talking to my ASS I discovered it was the first intelligent conversation I had had all week and two, Langley was quickly become optimistic about their level of play.

“We were a bit sluggish to start, but at least we were able to play” My Ass said…. "Even with a slow start LUFC was up 2-0 on two very well taken goals by Jopsh McCaig and Jason Jorgensen, both well set up from balls off the left flank from Mike Perry. "

GEU deserving of a goal late got one to make it 2-1 at the break though. Langley then upped their work rate and that, combined with GEU going down to 10 men after much debated (on TTP)red card following the 3-1 goal, it turned into one way traffic for the last 35.

“It could have been more lopsided" said my ASS. "McCaig with the 3, Jorgie with 2, Perry with 1 and you MUST give a shout out to Chuck Keeling who scored”

Done.

"We're getting fitter, but it will still take a few weeks to start gelling with the new bodies. As we showed, give our guys half a chance to finish and they will. I think we will score a lot of goals this year, it's just a matter of how many we allow.”

“Anything else?" No sir, that will about cover it. Thank you.

Player of the Week 2 is a draw between

Diaz Kambere who scored the game winner and played excellent in their win over a Physical Poco side and McCraig of LUFC for his hatrick, albeit 2 coming against a 10 man GEU, still ,3 goals are never easy to score.

Both players may report to Thomas Mills house for a plate of Beans and Weenies surprise. Offer only good until December 2015 when it goes bad.

There you have it folks, the weekend that was…

Attachments

• POTW.jpg
    POTW.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 86

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
“Oh and for the record I heard Hleucka call cross bar on his goal too or my name isn’t Chris Johnson.” That's a direct quote.

Keep up the good work bigman, we now know what you are doing when not at training, we may have find a new spot for you this weekend in Chilliwack, how close is the Yuk Yuk's to the park.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0