Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

T3: Rise of the Machines

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must agree with LVL. Saw the trailer at the theatre and it looks like T2 but with a new, even stupider, Terminator and an older, even flabbier, Arnold. Set the movie completely in the future with emphasis on the battle against Skynet or fcuk off, Hollywood.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the movie completely in the future with emphasis on the battle against Skynet or fcuk off, Hollywood.

After just exiting the theatre, I share the same feeling. The movie itself was full of a lot of action and stuff getting blown up, but was basically a massive chase scene. Nothing more than anyone expected. That would have been salvageable if it weren't for the ending that leaves a massive lead in to a T4. I would have been happy if John Connor died just so that there would some closure.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just came back from the Hollywood . . . again. Arnold looks far better than I had expected. In fact, despite the comments made by The Power, I believe this movie actually allows Arnie to do the things and act like the 80's action hero he really was.

Mind you, this is no incredibily memorable installment of the trilogy -- T2 had that sewn up 10 years ago. It is really a huge chase scene that gives the director ample opportunity to blow sh!t up. Nevertheless, there is a good chase sequence involving a huge crane that rivals (but still fails to match) the highway chase in The Matrix: Reloaded. In fact, I read that Arnie chipped in $1.6 million of his own money just so the stunts and the entire sequence could be completed.

Arnie is given more humourous dialogue in T3 than his last 5 put together (not that I've seen them . . . but that's beside the point). In particular: "Levity is good. It eases tension . . . and the fear of death."

**1/2 out of 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0