Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey Soccer clubs

SoccerNewbie

Nov 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi All: what is the best soccer club in surrey for youth, let's say under 11? Surrey has so many soccer clubs and as a parent we just get lost in the political game, most of these club are about "hey, we have xxxx number of players"...but rarely do they ever have any information on what they do to develop soccer athletes from a age of U6.

What clubs are in surrey, what are the pro's and cons of these clubs...and what clubs are in the lower mainland that are far superior than what Surrey may have. Thanks in advance

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB...maybe "no comment" is the best comment.

Coastal...never been a part of it, but have heard good things.

At the level you are talking about, it's pretty much all about the coach, not the club. That said, a good club will make it easy for a good coach to get what they need...weather that be field allocation, equipment, training for coaches, professional academy training for players, etc. I've coached my son at Surrey United, and my daughter at Breakers, then CCBFC when they swallowed up Breakers, then moved the team when I was dissatisfied with the support at CCBFC. Very please with the support I get at Surrey United.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would suggest Surrey United overall is your best bet. BUT, Dude is right - look for the right coach, not the right club at that age (well any age, really)

SoccerNewbie

Nov 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh, makes sense. The right coach, not the right club. Now that's going to be difficult. Currently we are at CCB and they are all community coaches, just parents of kids or members of club management trying to manage huge amount of kids by creating team names...

Thanks everyone, i will start looking in to Surrey United and Do some more research on Coastal...there are a abundance of other parents that will find this information beneficial.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep in mind that Coastal is in White Rock and is not in the Surrey district. So they are limited to how many non-district kids they can sign (usually 3 per team?)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What you should be looking for is not necessarily the "right coach" but a club that tries to find and place the "right coach". Every club has similar challenges, but some clubs have a better track record than others when managing these challenges. Coaches with different agendas than their clubs cause way more damage than good. Why the different agendas? People have to educate themselves.

I will also say that parents/players who have different agendas than the club also have to be managed or they cause more damage than good. A good club communicates with all its members in a consistent fashion. Everyone has to realize that a club has an obligation to its members but also has to function within the structure of its district, provincial and national associations. The best clubs have people that are equipped to do this. Eventually a trust will be established.

Consistency in establishing ethical decisions make clubs better than others. The clubs that display that more often, even with a "non-winning" coach are where you want to be. Eventually the cream will rise to the top. Clubs with good structure will give you the higher odds to make sure that happens.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB...maybe "no comment" is the best comment.

Coastal...never been a part of it, but have heard good things.

At the level you are talking about, it's pretty much all about the coach, not the club. That said, a good club will make it easy for a good coach to get what they need...weather that be field allocation, equipment, training for coaches, professional academy training for players, etc. I've coached my son at Surrey United, and my daughter at Breakers, then CCBFC when they swallowed up Breakers, then moved the team when I was dissatisfied with the support at CCBFC. Very please with the support I get at Surrey United.

But Dude, you are SO easy to please. It doesn't take much. Some hair gel in the clubhouse washroom and an errant cone thrown on to your ever-growing stack.;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0