Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SI MLS Player Survey 2013

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Small sample size but some interesting "results"

Part 1: MLS preseason preview player survey, Part I - Soccer - Grant Wahl - SI.com

Part 2: MLS preseason player survey, Part II - Soccer - Grant Wahl - SI.com

[h=3]Which team has the worst quality field in the league?[/h]1. New England (12 votes)
2. Vancouver (four votes)

My Take: The overwhelming vote for New England's artificial-turf surface was eye-popping, considering the voters were coming from all over the league. Several players began their response by musing something to the effect of, "Let me think about the artificial-turf fields." No matter how much some owners would like us to think fake-turf fields are OK, the clear view of the players is simple: They're not. Vancouver (another artificial-turf surface) picked up a few of the votes that New England didn't. "At least New England has a little sponge," said one player. "Vancouver feels like concrete underneath."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth hurts, eh?

And, shockingly, Vancouver's is concrete underneath.

That bloody turf is going to be a huge hinderance...both injury wise and attracting players wise.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
You would think that drum should start beating again... isn't the lease at BC Place up in 2016 or something? I always thought that was just to buy time to get into the league and then get the Stadium done.

Outdoor stadium = Scarves = Gold

:D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think that drum should start beating again... isn't the lease at BC Place up in 2016 or something? I always thought that was just to buy time to get into the league and then get the Stadium done.

Outdoor stadium = Scarves = Gold

:D

I thought the same. Originally I was disappointed they signed until 2016 as I figured the stadium deal could be struck sooner then that. Professionals playing on turf is ridiculous, especially for potential European talent. They grow up on grass and the game is just so different on turf. My physio loves it though, told me I am going to put his kids through college today....kunt.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I walked into mine two weeks ago, he danced a little jig, said "Good times are here again", then asked if he should just go ahead and sponsor my team fees for next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0