Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been told that tonight is the time that the league will be flipping a coin to decide where teams from Premier and those from Div 2 will be put into 1A or 1B! I think they will be doing the switch over teams at the same time, though I believe that it is just 4th and 5th place changing over!

When anyone heres what comes down could they post it here and then let the banter begin........my god is it early guns but I figure there will be some:D

Cheers,

John

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 groups

Group A

Binger’s Army
Clan Alumni
Norvan ‘A’
WFC Bimini’s
Meralomas ‘A’
Serbian White Eagles
Peg-Olys
Club Ireland
Hagar’s ‘A’
Sikh Temple ‘A’

Group B
Point Grey United
Firefighters ‘A’
Richmond United ‘A’
Lobbans ‘A’
Deep Cove Royals
Portuguese Club
Shaheen SC
Vancouver Olympics ‘A’
Indo FC ‘A’
Norburn

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
piece of piss...

Group B looks the easier of the two unless everything has changed in the year I've been away. Richmond Utd. will stick to tradition, however, and still struggle to come in in their usual fourth place after dreaming all season, yet again, of finally obtaining Premiership respectibility....

Gwan the Olys.

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did they come up with that?

Just wondering how they came up with that. From the VMSL Constitution for Realignment rules, it states that 4 and 5th place teams switch over and a coin is flipped to determine what side the Teams coming down and coming up are put into.

How did they do this? Does the VMSL constitution stand for anything.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 Cat

Does anyone know what the Div 1 Cat alignment will be for this year? Further, if a team drops from Premier(i.e. Indo and Serbs) do there div 1 Cat teams fall to div two cat?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

In theory what you asked should be what takes place (your Indo and Serbia scenerio).......however the league wants to promote these divisions and not create weaker top divisions. So, teams like Indo "B" may have the option to stay in Div 1 CAT if they like and they feel they can still be competitive. Teams like Club I and Bingers don't have a CAT team so there will be holes to fill in the top CAT division anyways.

Piper,

I believe your question as to what is stated in the constitution is valid but they did the same thing last year (ie: moving 3-4-5 over a division). So I think as we all know there have been changes to the constitution that we the members are not aware of:rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

Yeah, it does not make sense for those two teams to play in Div 2.
Now, has anyone seen the Cat 1 draw for next year? And, where can I see the VMSL constitution? I know there is a link on here, but it doesn't work.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And, where can I see the VMSL constitution? I know there is a link on here, but it doesn't work.
It doesn't work because I didn't bother putting it up after the server move a couple of months ago. I think that it is too out of date now anyways... What I need is a current version. If anyone out there is willing to help out, I'd glady appreciate it.

Cheers,

~Regs.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

Don't hold your breath looking for a divisional setup in the CAT division.......reason being the league doesn't get enough info from all of the teams until later in the summer in order to do a proper breakdown. The priority of the CAT division is to have a strong upper CAT divisions and weaker bottom ones if neccessary, and to do so even offering some spots to non CAT teams if they fit the competitive criteria and don't look for promotion.

John

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT

So John, are you saying that the league makes Cat B the weaker div?
Further, any news on what new teams may enter?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

Sorry for the confusion.......what I meant was that Div 1 CAT is the priority, and that includes both "A" & "B" sides! But the Div 2 CAT and lower are not.

John

Boycs

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody know whether a possible outcome would be the promotion of a Div 2 CAT team, which for example, won their half of the division, to Div 1 CAT??

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure there is any promotion for CAT winners.

Sure wish we had an official constitution right now.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boycs,

That is a possibility..........but it doesn't really matter whether you won the division to be honest. You need to let the league know that your team would like to play up a division and if they need teams to fill out the top CAT division then they will put you in, and winning your league the previous year will help justify that move.

Our club did that exact thing a year or two ago as we are just a Div 1 team but have our CAT team playing in Div 1 CAT!

John

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boycs

I dont think the league will promote any div 2 Cat team unless the regular team is in a div higher. But, in the case of having the regular team in Div 1, you could, as John said, make an argument to the league. I think the league does not allow movement of Cat Teams because they dont want a Cat team playing in a higher div than the regular team. John mentioned earler, as an answer to my question, that in theory, the Cat team should be one div lower than the regular team. I.E. Premier has a div 1 cat team, Div 1, has Div 2 cat, etc. However, not all teams have a cat team, so there may be room in Div 1 Cat, especially if your team is doing well in div 2 cat. Further, there will be teams in Div 1 with a Cat team in Div 1 Cat , which is not offical league policy according to John. However, there will be no way the league will set an offical rule of allowing Cat Division winners to move up.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0