Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real Madrid in Seattle

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can;t remember the specific but it was just shy of a sellout, I'd say in the neighborhood of 66,000.
They did announce, or should I say the wanker announcer, said that "we were making histiry being the largest ever crowd for a soccer game in the NorthWest"
well woopdy doo!:rolleyes:
Let's say it was twice as many as Chelsea vs the Tic last year, and not many empty seats could be seen.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walked the other way.Had to get home.
There was no partying going on anywhere from what I saw though..
We were the only guys around us anyways, that looked a little drunk...Weird.
I have seen rowdier Whitecaps Games...shocking

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Wow, that was awesome.
sitting here trying to knock the 3am sleep time and 6:00 am wake up call cobwebs out of my head...
1-1, but a great game. Loads of scoring chances, DC United actually moved the ball around well, but died in the last 15 minutes, did their manager not know in a glamour friendly like this he can make as many subs as he wants to?
Adu looked good, he wasn't out of place...and with a bit more time he may live up to all that hype. He created the DC Utd goal with a clever dribble and run with the ball down the right flank before depositing the ball into the box where I think Ecksandarian eventually slotted it home.
Cassano's goal for Madrid was nice.
I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of those folks in attendance have ever actually watched, live or otherwise, an entire footy game. It was the David Beckham love in. Everytime he touched the ball, or was mentioned by the ignorant announcer there was a huge cheer. He was okay, didn't run for any loose balls, didn't win one tackle, floated a few of his trademark dangerous balls corner kicks and set pieces in, but never really threatened, except for the one build up he started by switching the park, and advancing Madrid 35 yards up the park with a spot on driven switchto Cassano.
Emerson is a genius. so cool and calm.
I forgot that Jonathan Woodgate even existed anymore, he played very well as far as I was concerned.
Roberto Carlos is slowing down, or didn't pit in a good shift last night. Even his 18 yard pile driver free kick was hot, but not placed very well, although the pandemonium in the real area following the attempt was crazy!
I think the Organisers did a good job, but should fire the cameraman and Announcer that balls up every name and face, and lineup spot.

Given that I am not really fond of the guy. The switch by Beckham was magik. Emerson, man of the match? Some nice touches but his pace was terrible. I thought Carlos did a great job on Adu, especially their first tackle. The best build up came from Emerson strolling through the park in the 83rd minute and then crossing in the ball for the volley that just missed. A very good game.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, cobwebs are to blame for this...
I am going to ammend my comments above to state that I thought the DC United Keeper was man of the match.
But Emerson seemed to me to be the best player as far as not coughing up the ball, tackling hard, clean, and well, distributing well... I just thought he was a class above everyone else in the middle of the park.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
enjoyed the game..great stadium, even though it was a bit of a mare getting in it...hardly noticed beckham, much like England games. That Carlos free kick was the hardest I've seen a ball struck, and I've witnessed fenian launch more than a few off the park ;) :D Cannavaro was impressive, Emerson was so confident and composed on the ball, as if he knew no one could take it from him. Roved around for a few pints afterwards and settled in at Cowgirls...on the recommended list. Switching to red bull and vodka from a steady flow of pints not so recommended:rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
enjoyed the game..great stadium, even though it was a bit of a mare getting in it...hardly noticed beckham, much like England games. That Carlos free kick was the hardest I've seen a ball struck, and I've witnessed fenian launch more than a few off the park ;) :D Cannavaro was impressive, Emerson was so confident and composed on the ball, as if he knew no one could take it from him. Roved around for a few pints afterwards and settled in at Cowgirls...on the recommended list. Switching to red bull and vodka from a steady flow of pints not so recommended:rolleyes:

Agree with Aves and others above. Emerson was a treat to watch. 1234 should practice counting to 10. I was looking forward to seeing what all the hype about Cannavaro was as I don't follow the Italian game much. He is different. Very quick, very good distribution and has far more pace and it seemed freedom than the stereotypical 6'5' center backs of today who are just there to win the ball.

Very enjoyable night, but agree quiet crowd and lacked the buzz of the United game of a couple years ago. That was a sea of red and as much as I dislike them was neat to see. Far smaller devout Madrid followers on the West Coast it seems, but hell, still a handful of the top players in the world, and love him or hate him, Beckham is a Sporting icon of our time, only I think met by Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been meaning to do this for awhile. Some pictures added in the gallery!

Actually,correct that! It say's the file is too large. Can anyone explain how I make the pictures smaller for uploading? I did shoot them in super fine setting. Keeper,Regs?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0