Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Process for entering a new team

dead rabbits

Sep 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I help run a soccer club that plays out of Richmond. We have two teams in the RSSL, but we still have more players than we could fit comfortably in that league.

We want to start a team next year in the VMSL.

What is the process for starting a new team? Is it difficult to find placement?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.vmslsoccer.com

Skip past the excellent intro and then get to the league directory page. At the top should be a list of league executives. Call one of them and ask what you need to do to get into the league.

Wear kneepads.

Cheers,

~Regs.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why didn't you pose this problem to the RSSL executive at the AGM? They were looking for teams in premier and some premier teams were looking for new players.

From the date of your post it would be safe to say you've missed the cutoff for a VMSL spot for this year. You could have had another RSSL spot for yourself. If the thought of Premier scares you just remember VMSL Div 1 (and the higher Div 2) teams are the equivalent to RSSL premier, and you'll end up with a Div 2 VMSL spot.

RSSL premier is full of former FVSL and VMSL Div 1/Premier players, from a development standpoint the better choice for this year would have been to stay in RSSL so the kids could have had a place to play this fall.

Just my thought

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RSSL is "full of former FVSL and VMSL players"? Really?

The RSSL "Premier Div" is equivalent to VMSL Div 2.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RSSL premier is Div 2 equivilent. Don't beleive everything you read in the Richmond Review. I laugh everytime I hear that it is competetive with the Metro.
When the Sounders, the greatest RSSL team ever, was in the middle of their 55 game winning streak, Club I hammered them 5-0. All 5 goals came in the first 20 minutes of the game. We actually felt sorry for these guys.

My advice would be to put your best players in the Metro. That way you won't get embarassed in Div 2. Azzi is always looking for money, er, teams.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
My advice would be to put your best players in the Metro. That way you won't get embarassed in Div 2. Azzi is always looking for money, er, teams.

You won't hear an argument about that from me. Couldn't agree more. But if they weren't (or couldn't) going to get a spot in the VMSL this year, it would have been wise to keep the players together for a year in the RSSL and then apply for a VMSL spot next year

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0