Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2004 -2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more point on Ronaldo, as usual, as soon as he was shut down and had no where to go, he would look for a knock and hit the turf. When this kid is on, he is unbelievable, but when he isn't, it's shocking to watch.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Hey Dap since you're a diehard Pool fan why doesn't your team go after Angelos Charisteas of Greek fame. The man scored all those beauty headers at Euro and is sitting on the bench at Werder behind the likes of crap like Klose and Klansic (sp?). He is great in the air and can handle the rough play. Instead of Morientes who will likely cost you guys a lot. Also he is only 24 or something like that so you can lock him up for years

Well, I think I'll just pick up my private hotline to Rafael Benitez and let him know. He doesn't make a move without first consulting me, you know. I'll bet he's sitting there staring at the phone wondering, "when the hell is Dapotayto gonna call to tell me my next move?". Hell, I'll even loan him a few million quid if he needs it.

He sounds like the type of player Liverpool could use but really, if he ain't good enough for Bremen how can he be good enough for the Reds? This is the 'Pool we're talking about after all.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to Saturday even more now as Stevie G is confirmed ready to play against Boro.

Finally after 2 months in the stands him and Alonso can make up the best midfield tandem in the country.

Now all we need to do is get Morientes fitted for his Reds jersey in January!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
He sounds like the type of player Liverpool could use but really, if he ain't good enough for Bremen how can he be good enough for the Reds? This is the 'Pool we're talking about after all.

Bremen are the Champions of Germany while the 'Pool aren't even the best team in Liverpool.

For example,

Team P Home Away Pts Goal

W D L F A W D L F A
Chelsea 13 5 1 0 9 1 5 1 1 12 3 32 17
Arsenal 13 4 2 0 19 8 5 1 1 18 9 30 20
Everton 13 3 1 2 6 7 5 1 1 9 4 26 4
Middlesbrough 13 2 3 1 8 7 4 1 2 14 9 22 6
Bolton 13 4 2 1 12 7 2 2 2 8 9 22 4
Aston Villa 13 4 2 0 12 3 1 4 2 7 11 21 5
Man Utd 13 3 3 0 7 3 2 3 2 7 7 21 4
Liverpool 12 5 0 1 13 4 1 2 3 8 9 20 8
Charlton 13 4 2 1 12 4 1 1 4 5 17 18 -4
Newcastle 13 3 1 3 14 14 1 3 2 10 12 16 -2

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, you are the voice of reason as usual, Jinky, but saying that Bremen are the champions of Germany is like saying one brand of sauerkraut is better than another. Who really cares, other than a bunch of filthy Germans?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
That sort of cosmopolitan thinking is worthy of an eighth place team.

Oops, sorry. Didn't realize you were a sauerkraut fan.

P.s. We have a game in hand. Tie that and we're up to seventh!! It's a little pie-in-the-sky I know, but here's to the martini glass being half-full (with a cosmopolitan, naturally).

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering the players weve lost this year I'm quite happy with the start. Once we get them all back we'll be fine.

What's Utd's excuse for their start????

Just wait till Boro or Everton get some injuries, then they'll be hooped.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not a sauerkraut fan, the bastards bombed the Gaffa's dad's favourite chip shop and for that I can never forgive them. I just wanted to wind up Red Forever so he would respond and I could call him Eigth Place Forever.

Cheap, but effective.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, who put a curse on us?? We get Gerrard back and lose Baros for a month!!! :(

I cant remember us ever having such bad luck with injuries. Not sure wether Mellor and Pongolle quite strike fear into the oppsition!

Kewell better pull his finger out and start doing somthing.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
What's Utd's excuse for their start????

We're the shits, that's our excuse.

If your memory goes back more than 3 weeks RF, you may remember that we started off the season with a load of injuries and also Rio's suspension ended after 8 months.

Unfortunately, your whingeing about injuries, etc. will do you no good ..... it's part & parcel of the season and it's something that you have to deal with. You've got to make do with what you've got and just learn to get on with it. It's unfortunate :rolleyes: that it's November and you're struggling but all teams have to go through it at one point in the season.

Baros' hamstring was just waiting to go again ...... he's had problems with it all season and is the main reason why he hasn't played in many of the fixtures every week. His story reminds me of Giggs' problems with his hamstring years ago ...... time to get it sorted out now before he's fcuked for good.

As far as United go, it's fcuking well time we get it sorted and start putting away some goals. With Saha, Rooney and Smith fit and a small knock to Ruud, there's no excuse now not to start hammering teams. Our midfield is diabolical though with Scholes and Giggsy certainly underperforming this year.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seventh place it is!

Well done Mellordona. Injury time screamer at the Kop end. Magic. You'd think the boys had won the Champions League by the reaction of the team and fans but there couldn't be a better way to take all three points off those twats.

Ah, yes, c'mon the Boro. Well, it was great times for them for a week anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0