Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poor SPorts

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know with hearing that the russians may pull out and that skater from Korea that is now boycotting and they are not going to the closing events just makes me sick

You take a drug test and fail your done no questions duh

I mean canada asked for a review of the figure skating but i mean if nothing came out of it they werent going to go cry and pull out of the games

i think some of these countries just cant take losing i mean life isnt fair you cant alwayz get your way so you dont like it leave

anyone else agree??

the oilers

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a little confused about the whole situation to be honest (it happens, yes)... The Russian was found to have a high red blood cell count or something like that. No drugs were detected but it can be a sign of using a certain banned substance. In a way, I think it is harsh for disqualification outright.

The whole pairs skating/pulling the hockey team out however, does reek of grandstanding.

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor little Korean...

That Korean fella is entirely justified to be utterly pissed off with the yanks. In a moment of supreme and excrutiating boredom I found myself glued to BBC2 last night watching the feminine types in their lycra costumes stroll around the rink for 10 laps until giving it hell for leather in the the final lap. The Korean won it fair and square over the yank and, were it not for the yanks over-the-top and quite clearly gay play acting when he pretended to have been obstructed, the Korean would be taking a gold medal back to his cornershop on Hastings St. As soon as the 'judges' (no doubt sponsored by Pepsi and The Church of Latter Day Saints) said there would be an inquiry into why their beloved skater hadn't won the gold medal you knew it was all over. Sickening, really. That cnut should play football for Croatia.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What NOW

NOW i heard on the radio that the russians say last nights bitches competition was rigged and they should have won gold !

THEY WISH
the usa (hughs) was way better then the russian skater

they just dont know when to shut up really if they dont like it leave :mad: :mad:

oilers

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bio Chem 101

Regs,

One of the guys on my team has his Ph.D in BioChem and he explain the X-Country Skier situation this way.

The skier was found to have an abnormally high red blood cell count. This can be done in two ways: Blood-doping and Epo-doping. Blood-doping, as you're probably aware, is when you store your own blood before the competition, and then add it back into your system prior to competing. That way, your red blood cell count increases, thereby allowing your body to carry and process more oxygen.

Epo-doping, on the other hand, has the same result -- a high red blood cell count -- however, it is brought about by the use of a hormone, Erythropoiten (EPO), which stimulates the creation of red blood cells. This hormone is now dectable by drug testing.

However, there is now a new drug/hormone, which he says is most likely what the Russian used, which acts just like EPO but is currently undectable. Only the RBC count is measurable.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0